ASU RB Kallen Ballage to visit Bills

35 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes. He kind of reminds me of Karlos Williams.

Hopefully, the comparison is limited to his on field characteristics.

I do like the idea of having a big back who can run away from DBs.  Saquon Barkley is another big back who does that, but Buffalo is not going to get a sniff of him.

Edited by TigerJ

I saw almost every game this guy played for ASU and he was a bit of a disappointment. I think ability-wise, there are few who can match him. Size and speed are exceptional. He just didn't seem to have good running back instincts. And sometimes it seemed like he was easier to get to the ground than you would think from looking at him. Ballage's big highlight, by a mile, was a game against Texas Tech two years ago when he scored 8 TDs in a game ASU won despite giving up about 6 million yards to Mahomes. I think 6 of the TDs came from the wildcat (which you aren't allowed to call it at ASU for obvious reasons).

He is definitely someone worth taking a chance on; just a question of when. I'd say 4th round at best. Might figure it out; might also be better off trying to be a WR or maybe a move to defense...safety or OLB.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Red Squirrel said:

I saw almost every game this guy played for ASU and he was a bit of a disappointment. I think ability-wise, there are few who can match him. Size and speed are exceptional. He just didn't seem to have good running back instincts. And sometimes it seemed like he was easier to get to the ground than you would think from looking at him. Ballage's big highlight, by a mile, was a game against Texas Tech two years ago when he scored 8 TDs in a game ASU won despite giving up about 6 million yards to Mahomes. I think 6 of the TDs came from the wildcat (which you aren't allowed to call it at ASU for obvious reasons).

He is definitely someone worth taking a chance on; just a question of when. I'd say 4th round at best. Might figure it out; might also be better off trying to be a WR or maybe a move to defense...safety or OLB.

I think Chris Johnson was similarly unproductive in college. Saying that he might have been the best player at the senior bowl. I think he would be the perfect fit behind Shady. Athletically he is very similar to Adrian Peterson. I think if you just have him make one cut and go he will be a better NFL player than college player. 

1 minute ago, billspro said:

I think Chris Johnson was similarly unproductive in college. Saying that he might have been the best player at the senior bowl. I think he would be the perfect fit behind Shady. Athletically he is very similar to Adrian Peterson. I think if you just have him make one cut and go he will be a better NFL player than college player. 

This is absolutely plausible; it should also be noted that his stats were a bit diminished because he was splitting carries with a kid named Demario Richard who was his opposite; if anyone digs up a highlight reel of Richard's from youtube, you won't see him blowing the doors off like Ballage's video above; you'll see him just mashing people between the tackles and dragging guys 4 or 5 yards. But he's smaller and considerably slower than Ballage and obviously less of a pro prospect.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes. He kind of reminds me of Karlos Williams.

A bit yes...

He's an interesting prospect...real good size/speed...Kind of an angular, plant and go type...If he see's it he hits it fast and will lower a boom on any unsuspecting DB...

He's not one of my favs from this real deep class...But if we're talking about the 4th-5th round area I think he's got decent value there...B-)

4 hours ago, Pete said:

Bills are going to draft RB IMO.  They are really scouting them.  It is a deep class.  They are looking at CBs too.  Could Hughes and/or Shady be included in trade talks?

The draft is about bringing in young talent - some can contribute immediately but  its mostly the future. I would not assume anyone is being traded based on draft visits or draft picks. For example neither RB they’ve had visit is considered an immediate RB1. The edge guy isn’t going to be able to come in an replace Hughes.