Cowherd Plays High End Low End with the 2018 QB Prospects

1 minute ago, BrotherChazz said:

Disagree on Allen's high end. At his max potential he'd only be Jay Cutler level? I don't want the kid, but come on..that's a low bar. 

Im no Cutler fan, but Cutler has been in this league 11/12yrs and has thrown for over 220TD’s. Many of these guys that get drafted will be lucky to ever find a consistent starting gig or even be in the league 8yrs from now (Allen included). 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

Just as an FYI, this is also the dude that LOVED to predict the Bills moving to LA prior to T and K Pegs. He knows about as much about football as we do...

I think he knows less.  These guys post/say nonsense just to be noticed.  I think several of the TBD posters are much more informed than Cowherd.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

His bias based opinions!! He has a connection with the Darnold family. Very disrespectful to Jackson. Low end, Tim Tebow? Tebow didn't have the arm strength, speed or ability to read a defense like Jackson. The only comparison is that they were winners of the Heisman trophy. Many of Tebow's offensive teammates made it to the NFL and were high level players. None of Jackson's has to date. One of our TSW members, in a different post, was more on point with Lamar. High end Vick, low end McNair.

• Like (+1) 1

Sam Darnold high end Tony Romo, low end Ryan Tannehill.  

Josh Allen high end Ben Roethlisberger, low end Kyle Boller. 

Josh Rosen high end Tom Brady-esque, low end Trent Edwards. 

Baker Mayfield high end Drew Brees, low end Doug Flutie. 

Lamar Jackson high end Michael Vick, low end Terrell Pryor. 

Mason Rudolph high end Andy Dalton, low end Derek Anderson. 

• Like (+1) 5

26 minutes ago, H2o said:

WORD     right freaking on dude

• Like (+1) 1

He actually goes on to explain his point pretty well saying Darnold has virtually no bust potential in HIS eyes. I don't agree with Allen's high end being Cutler. Allen seems very coachable, I'd say it's more of a Stafford or Big Ben level but yes he has huge bust potential too. I like the risk. I also think Mayfield has a higher ceiling than Case Keenum. Mayfield has a better arm than Keenum. His absolute highest ceiling is Drew Brees but that'd be legendary if he got there. The Rosen to Sam Bradford comparison was pretty good. I think Rosen is a lot like Goff but at least Goff didn't have all the injury concern. All in all the top 4 guys all have franchise QB potential and I'd be ecstatic if we got one of them. 

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Just saw this after I posted and I agree. Good comparisons. I think most of us would agree Andy Dalton isn't a franchise QB and that is Rudolph's ceiling (another reason we should stay away)

2 hours ago, bobobonators said:

Im no Cutler fan, but Cutler has been in this league 11/12yrs and has thrown for over 220TD’s. Many of these guys that get drafted will be lucky to ever find a consistent starting gig or even be in the league 8yrs from now (Allen included). 

I’d still say that he’s getting low balled on his high end.  If he figures it out, he can be much better than cutler.  There’s something to be said for heart.  I don’t know if Allen has it, but he can be better than cutty if he does.

• Like (+1) 1

Some of those are brutal. Worst case for Darnold is Andrew Luck? LOL... well in that case we should be trading every pick we own this year to move up.

Mason Rudolph ~ Andy Dalton is a decent comp. Wouldn't be a horrible pick in the 2nd round. Even at 22 wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I think people on this forum are downplaying the quality of QB Andy Dalton is compared to what we've had the last 20 years. Sure it'd be great to have the next Tom Brady/Peyton Manning but at this point i'd even be happy with a Dalton level QB. I have moderate hope that McCarron is can be a decent-good QB. Would help if we had an o-line to help protect the QB. 

On the topic of o-line i think this is now our biggest need outside QB. 

5 hours ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

Just as an FYI, this is also the dude that LOVED to predict the Bills moving to LA prior to T and K Pegs. He knows about as much about football as we do...

He might have been right. Who knows what would have happened w/o Pegs?