Here is another way to get the top QB in the draft

I think that here is one of the options that would give us the #1 pick in the draft and  could get this team what everyone would agree should be an elite QB.  We start the same way as a loud minority of people at 2billsdrive want.

Trade up to #2 and get the best bust good-looking QB:

2019     3 win team.    No o-line, no LB, no WR, but QB looks good on the sideline

2020    3 win team.     Two replacements trickle in with the draft starting in round 2.   Retirement of K.Williams.  New QB is learning

2021    4 win team      They draft DT,  WR and two o-linemen.  QB recovers from concussion but has happy feet from hearing footsteps Shady retires.

2022     2 win team      good looking QB is traded to Pats,  team moves up to #1 pick and tries again for a QB.

2023    5 win team      we now have  1st and 2nd rounders at o-line and a respected defense. Newer QB holding clipboard

2024    14 win team           We are in the playoffs baby !!!    the bad thing is the team is now know as the San Diego  VAQUEROES

There !!! I finally agree with some of those people who post here.

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Dude - WTAF??  Way too far out there......Earth to Maryland.....EARTH TO MARYLAND......stop drinking those watered down beers and eating those crab cakes, they are rotting your brain.

Actually crab cakes are pretty good.  We have a lot of okay craft beers but almost no Canadian on tap.  By the way it is Jim Beam that rots my brain.

2 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Yep.  What happens when a rookie QB comes to a place where most of the good players have been traded away for draft picks and most of the draft picks traded away for a QB.   Yep, sound like a plan.

What happened when you don't have a good quarterback?

6 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

What an amazing idea!  How come nobody else ever thought of this brilliant idea! Tremendous 'Hot Take'

What do you think happens when a team sends away or lets leave 10 or more of their starters and then trades all the draft picks for a QB.... who then is a bust?  This is a real possibility for the Bills. I don't think it is worth the risk for the success of the team or of keeping the franchise in Buffalo.  You don't bet your company on a whim or emotion.    A bad QB decision could lead to some surprises....

Media market ranking (varies by source)

Buffalo 53

San Antonio 32

San Diego 29

Sacramento 20

Portland 24

Columbus 31

Oakland/SF 8

Salt Lake  30

plus a bunch of others.

There is more going on then  testosterone driven excitement.

30 minutes ago, BrotherChazz said:

What happened when you don't have a good quarterback?

I think you keep trying to get a good QB.  Draft one every year or so in a lower round. Wait for an opportunity to get a good one high in the draft.  This year, I think we tried to do that but got screwed by being just slightly better than 4-10 other teams and ,,,, made the playoffs.  Sometimes plans don't work out, but don't flog a dead horse and try to push something thu that may not make sense any more.  If there is somebody there real good at 6,7,8 have a swing at it.

22 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Actually crab cakes are pretty good.  We have a lot of okay craft beers but almost no Canadian on tap.  By the way it is Jim Beam that rots my brain.

Agree 110% as I grew up I Philly and know quite well about the crab cakes and I am quite aware of the excellent craft brews in the MD area.

You sir - I applaud you for admitting your root cause of your issues, personally I am a Bulliet Bourbon man myself but I can relate - my brain pan is rotted out some too!

Cheers!!

Edited by Kwai San