Two Weeks Out, What do you Currently want to happen?

Virgil

Two weeks until possibly the most exciting draft in the past 20 years for the Bills, possibly NFL.  With that, he's what we know......NOTHING.  

With that, with the loss of two of our offensive starters on a line that wasn't that great; with a missing 2/3's of our goal starting linebackers, I can't get on board with completely throwing away all of our picks for one QB.  

So, as of right now, I would be willing to trade both of our 1st's this year and our 1st next year to move up to at least 4.  I know we need a trade partner first and some things to fall our way, but if any of the big 4 are there from pick 4 on, then I'm making that trade to get one of them.  I think we need the remaining picks to fill some holes.  However, I'm not making any trades pre-draft.  I'm waiting and seeing.  If the Giants don't go QB at 2, then I'm happy and assume one will make it to the 5-8 range.   If that's the case, then we may be able to move up just trading #12 and a 2nd rounder.  

If we can’t get our guy, then offer our 2nd next year for Foles and plug all those other holes. 

Ideally, I want our QB and McDermott to get his starting MLB as I believe that's the main piece to his defense.  I'm not horribly worried about the offensive line and will settle for BPA in that category.  McDermott liked Ducasse at RG, we have Groy for LG, and we signed the starting Center from the Bengals.  It's not a world beating line, but we know it can work.  If we can upgrade in the draft our FA, then great.  But we have more pressing needs.

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 2

We had a good draft with solid contributors last year and I am looking forward to seeing that again. I too am very hesitant with throwing away much of the draft for a QB, especially since I don't see a ton of difference among the top 4. I think we should let the draft come to us. 

Agreed. Great teams know how to make great lineman. They don't have to all be first round picks like Dallas. Castillo has done a lot for some later round draft picks in the past. Get the quarterback and linebacker and the rest will work itself out. 

i don't think any of the top 5 teams wants to fall back to 12, if they even want to trade at all.  move up to 7 now if that helps get a deal done.  you can't be nonchalant with the QB position.  sitting back and waiting to see how it falls is not a viable option

What do I want to happen?  Well, this is not grounded in reality but since you ask what i want to happen, I want Rosen to fall to 12 and then we also take Vander Esch at 22.  That's what I want to happen.  Then start rebuilding the OL and add to the WR unit.

My hope is that we trade up to #2, possibly by use of a 3rd team such as the Bucs, and select Rosen or Darnold. Whether all the pieces required for that to happen fall in place is an entirely different matter, but I don't expect much action until the Browns officially make their selection.

7 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

i don't think any of the top 5 teams wants to fall back to 12, if they even want to trade at all.  move up to 7 now if that helps get a deal done.  you can't be nonchalant with the QB position.  sitting back and waiting to see how it falls is not a viable option

I get where you're coming from, but there are plenty of examples of teams that have paid mightily for being wanton with their pursuit of a QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I get where you're coming from, but there are plenty of examples of teams that have paid mightily for being wanton with their pursuit of a QB. 

who has recently?  Washington?  because they still did pretty well by having Cousins as a backup

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Virgil said:

Two weeks until possibly the most exciting draft in the past 20 years for the Bills, possibly NFL.  With that, he's what we know......NOTHING.  

With that, with the loss of two of our offensive starters on a line that wasn't that great; with a missing 2/3's of our goal starting linebackers, I can't get on board with completely throwing away all of our picks for one QB.  

So, as of right now, I would be willing to trade both of our 1st's this year and our 1st next year to move up to at least 4.  I know we need a trade partner first and some things to fall our way, but if any of the big 4 are there from pick 4 on, then I'm making that trade to get one of them.  I think we need the remaining picks to fill some holes.  However, I'm not making any trades pre-draft.  I'm waiting and seeing.  If the Giants don't go QB at 2, then I'm happy and assume one will make it to the 5-8 range.   If that's the case, then we may be able to move up just trading #12 and a 2nd rounder.  

Ideally, I want our QB and McDermott to get his starting MLB as I believe that's the main piece to his defense.  I'm not horribly worried about the offensive line and will settle for BPA in that category.  McDermott liked Ducasse at RG, we have Groy for LG, and we signed the starting Center from the Bengals.  It's not a world beating line, but we know it can work.  If we can upgrade in the draft our FA, then great.  But we have more pressing needs.

Virgil McBeane is the name, and I served on the Buf Bills train
'Till Pegula's cavalry came and tore up the roster again
In the winter of 2018, we were hungry, just hardly could wait.
By April the 26th, Dallas had fell, it's a time I remember, oh so well
The night they brought ol Darnold down, and the bells were ringing
The night they brought old Darnold down, and the people were singin' they went
Na na na na na na na na, na na na na hey ho let's go buffalo...
Edited by gobills1212
  • Thank you (+1) 1

For me, it's really important for these Bills to at least match the 7-9 seasons, year in and year out. It's humiliating to finish at the bottom. 7-9, 8-8...these are good, entertaining seasons, that allow me to hold my head up with pride in my Buffalo Bills. It pains me when our O-line is noticeably worse than the rest of the league's. Or when our linebacker corp is terrible. Patriot fans make fun of my team,

Finding a QB MUST take a back seat to 7-9 seasons. We can't let this team fall back to the bottom, even for one season.

Edited by OJABBA
  • Thank you (+1) 1