What's your Craft?

145B4IDIE

OK, crafters, What is it you like to do? Birdhouses, needlepoint, chainsaw sculpting, popular string art, welding crap together? Whatever it is, share it with us here. I like whittling and modeling miniature things (fairy houses, model railroad and such) and want to start making 'steampunk' curios from junk. My daughter is very crafty with those elastic bracelet weaving stuff, painting rocks, beads, and now knitting etc. she and friends set a  table out front and sell their creations, and do pretty well.

So... what you got.

Too much stuff to list here; fine painting, wood working, furniture design/fabrication, model making, pottery, bronze casting, guitar making, the list goes on.  I enjoy creating things from nothing more than anything.

15 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

I love to cook, but my main thing is FISHING!

Not sure fishing qualifies as a "craft" - more of a sport - but there is a ton of details & strategy involved.

No, fishing is a hobby, not a craft.  Well, assuming you don't do it for a living.  Then it can be a vocation.

If you are into tying your own custom fly fishing lures or whatever, now that's a craft.

Edited by Fadingpain

7 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I feel like I've mentioned this before.  Artistic posing of dismembered hookers.

Maybe you did mention it. For some reason that was going to be my first guess for you! I must have read it before....or maybe not.

Gardening. Especially tending roses and the like. I'm planting a victory garden this year, and may branch out into chicken-keeping next. That'll be fun to build a coop, I think. Plants and animals are so much more gratifying to deal with than people.

:lol:

Edited by joesixpack