Manziel: Browns Didn't Do Their Homework to Understand I Didn't Know X's and O's of Football

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I understand your point.  I just am a believer, no matter how bad the team/employer was....never throw them under the bus especially when you're trying to get back in.

Speak the political talk.

I hear you. A couple years ago when I was interviewing for a job they asked why I left my previous job. All I could say was "That's a great question, and I dont have a professional way that Im comfortable answering that". They were semi-familiar with the ownership of my previous company and replied with "Understood, say no more".

He's got a point about the Browns. EVERY scouting report on him highlighted his lack of good study habits in college. EVERY. ONE. It was common knowledge and the Browns were certainly aware and chose to ignore that red flag. That is on them. It's not Manziel's fault they chose him anyway. 

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

I hear you. A couple years ago when I was interviewing for a job they asked why I left my previous job. All I could say was "That's a great question, and I dont have a professional way that Im comfortable answering that". They were semi-familiar with the ownership of my previous company and replied with "Understood, say no more".

Happens all the time in my job.  I generally know what they're talking about if they're in our industry....I should know about our competitors and their reputation.

Just now, K-9 said:

He's got a point about the Browns. EVERY scouting report on him highlighted his lack of good study habits in college. EVERY. ONE. It was common knowledge and the Browns were certainly aware and chose to ignore that red flag. That is on them. It's not Manziel's fault they chose him anyway. 

And in the whole quote he talks about how he never ran/learned/saw a Pro Offense before. Then he shows up in Cleveland, and there is no one to teach him. They just expected him to learn it all himself, starting from square one.

23 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Agreed.  Someone needs to advise him not to give interviews about why he failed, but instead focus on why he is going to succeed.  Bringing this stuff back up isn't going to help him now, and it isn't going to show he has left things in the past.

Gotta choose, does he want to play football or does he want to write a book about why he isnt playing football.  Cant have it both ways.

Exactly.    All it did was show he's still playing a blame game and that he continues to lack the wisdom to see the big picture moving forward.  All he can control is his own words and actions and they continue to be piss poor.

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

We dont know squat.

So your argument is that no capable scouts publish scouting reports? Odd claim. Are you also saying that unless you are a paid pro scout then you are completely unable to breakdown game film and make meaningful assessments? also odd.

haha this is like going to a job interview and they are like why did you get fired from your last job and you say "i don't know what I'm doing and I'm lazy.  it was their fault for hiring me.  they should have known better."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Batman1876 said:

So your argument is that no capable scouts publish scouting reports? Odd claim. Are you also saying that unless you are a paid pro scout then you are completely unable to breakdown game film and make meaningful assessments? also odd.

Im saying that the information we are privy to is superficial at best. Additionally, our training to analyze that film or reporting is extremely limited and under-developed.

We arent sitting down with these guys to interview them. Even the best of us dont see the same things on tape the pros look for.

It's a nice hobby, but we arent anywhere even close to the pros.

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

the question is how is that even possible that any franchise would not do their due diligence knowing how important the pick was.

What the hell did they talk about in the interviews etc ...?????

Daddy called down from his Top floor bungalow ?
ticket sales ?

how could anyone inside not know the situation ? 

29 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

the question is how is that even possible that any franchise would not do their due diligence knowing how important the pick was.

That's his whole point, though. They did interview him, and they KNEW he never ran a Pro style offense and would need to learn it from scratch. So they draft him, and then dont have anyone to teach him. And then they wonder why he didnt get the offense.

44 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Why would he say this?  He supposedly has desire to get back to the NFL and now he throws the organization he played for under the bus.

It's worse than that IMO.  He's shirking all responsibility for his own conduct.  A mature adult would admit that he f'd up, and would promise that he'd try to do better if he got another chance.  It's also not his fault that he did whatever drugs he did, either, amirite?

28 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I understand your point.  I just am a believer, no matter how bad the team/employer was....never throw them under the bus especially when you're trying to get back in.

Speak the political talk.

It's called not burning your bridges.  Some people never learn that.

17 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I'm glad I wasn't here for that.

I can guess who some of those characters were, however.

Could have had him instead of Sammy Watkins. That's why the Bills fail. They won't swing for the fences. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

I thought it was the owner that made the call....no one else in FO wanted him

• Like (+1) 1