Look Out for WR DJ Moore - Has a Pre-Draft Visit with the Bills

1 hour ago, the skycap said:

Zay Jones CAN be my Andre Reed. I need Chark to be my James Lofton.

Imagine Chark and DJ Moore catching 80 yard bombs from Lamar Jackson.  That is, if Jackson can resist the frequent urge to just take off and run when his first read isn't there.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Detective

9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Would Moore be comparable to what they had in Robert Woods?  Not a big guy, or a burner, but highly productive in his senior year? Honest question. I’ve never seen him play at Maryland.

Watched him a lot.  If he played with a half-decent QB, let alone on a good team, he'd be a consensus Top-20 pick.  Moore is difficult to evaluate since his job was to "get open fast and stay open." 

- By far the best player on Maryland. 

- Not tall (5' 11") but physical (215 lb). 

- Most of the time he was the only true receiving option. 

- Won't be the fastest WR but gets separation with quick moves.  

- Good, willing blocker.  Could be a decent special teams player on coverage and punt returns. 

- I believe he has a ton of potential growth when he's not expected to do everything.  Very coachable and smart. 

Could be a great Julian Edleman replacement for NE/Brady (I hope this doesn't happen).  I think he would thrive in a west coast offense (Rosen) or something improvisational (Mayfield, Jackson).  

2 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Imagine Chark and DJ Moore catching 80 yard bombs from Lamar Jackson.  That is, if Jackson can resist the frequent urge to just take off and run when his first read isn't there.

More FAKE NEWS from our detective!!

image.jpeg.338465dcf2d6438642112e8d32dffb21.jpeg

3 hours ago, the skycap said:

Zay Jones CAN be my Andre Reed. I need Chark to be my James Lofton.

Not trying to equate the players, just saying we have a receiver that can be the "underneath" guy(Jones) but need a long, speedy guy on the outside(Chark). And for our detective, Jackson has the arm talent to hit both areas of the field.

Edited by the skycap

14 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I think Moore might be the best wr in the draft.  It is a good draft for slot receivers but he is one of the few guys who checks every box AND can go up and get it.   I like Charm and Equaninous Brown too ... but they seem more like projects.

12 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Would Moore be comparable to what they had in Robert Woods?  Not a big guy, or a burner, but highly productive in his senior year? Honest question. I’ve never seen him play at Maryland.

He can impact all levels of the field.  He's not Goodwin fast, but he can get behind the defense.  

10 hours ago, the skycap said:

More FAKE NEWS from our detective!!

image.jpeg.338465dcf2d6438642112e8d32dffb21.jpeg

Not trying to equate the players, just saying we have a receiver that can be the "underneath" guy(Jones) but need a long, speedy guy on the outside(Chark). And for our detective, Jackson has the arm talent to hit both areas of the field.

Moore can impact all levels of the field.  He's more than just  an underneath guy.

12 hours ago, purple haze said:

He can impact all levels of the field.  He's not Goodwin fast, but he can get behind the defense.  

Moore can impact all levels of the field.  He's more than just  an underneath guy.

Most nfl WRs aren’t Goodwin fast. Speed is great and the Bills do need it. But the most important things are hands and route running imo. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

27 minutes ago, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

The Steve Smith reference is good,I was thinking Boldin, but like the Smith comparison more. 

He reminds me of Stefon Diggs a bit too and not just because they both went to Maryland.

13 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Most nfl WRs aren’t Goodwin fast. Speed is great and the Bills do need it. But the most important things are hands and route running imo. 

I agree.  I mentioned Goodwin in response to a comment that underplayed Moore's speed. It seems as if a player who doesn't run 4.39 or under are considered "slow" by some or unable to take the top off the D.  I'm a Maryland and a Bucks fan (I don't watch their games against each other anymore. LoL)  Moore can play all over the field.

2. D.J. Moore (Maryland) | 6’0/200

Combine numbers-

40-yard: 4.42 sec | bench reps: 15 | 3-cone: 6.95 sec | 20-yard shuttle: 4.07 sec | vertical: 39.5 in | broad: 132 in

Athletic composite percentile: 97.1%

Player Comp: The Steve Smith starter kit in raw form (hat tip: Dane Brugler)

Moore burst onto the scene in 2017 by piling up an eye-opening 80-1033-8 line. He did so despite Maryland playing a brutal slate of opponents (10 of 12 in the top-65 of S&P+) while mostly using fourth-string true freshman QB Max Bortenschlager after its top three quarterbacks all got hurt. Moore was almost always facing the opposing team’s No. 1 corner (and he squared off against some studs, Holton Hill and Mike Hughes in the non-conference slate, Denzel Ward and Rashard Fant in-conference, etc.). Maryland’s offense as a whole was abominable last fall (No. 113 S&P+), and yet Moore consistently produced as a large percentage of the offense was deliberately funneled to him.

Moore’s ascension continued in Indianapolis, where he measured in bigger than expected and then dominated in tests. He’s a short speed merchant, but he’s more than that. He’s thick and quick, he runs good routes, and he’s a crafty and explosive runner after the catch, sometimes erasing good angles being taken by defenders by taking a false or exaggerated step. He’s well-built, competitive and tough, and he has good hands and body control. Does any of that sound like Steve Smith? That’s Dane Brugler’s comp.

To become that caliber of player, Moore will need to continue to hone his technique. He piled up his collegiate production through a combination of athletic superiority and manufactured touches. He doesn’t create as much separation as his athletic profile suggests he should, and his route-running needs refinement. Moore sometimes lets the ball get into his body, a bad habit he hopefully can be coached out of. He’ll likely never be great in contested situations. You’re not drafting him to get a downfield jump-ball type. Not his game. Get him the ball in space and watch him go.