The Why The Quarterback You Hope We Draft, Isn't Any Good Thread

I thought we could make a thread that we can look back on in a year or two that contains all the criticisms of this year's QB class. 

Every time I try and pick a favorite qb in the draft, I then read a ton of very harsh criticisms why they are doomed and will stink.

It isn't very fun and this time is stressful enough. 

So if you want come in and put the reasons why the QB's in the draft stink and you can put who said it too if you like.

For Darnold Chris Simms said he isn't the best at anything at all except for making turnovers.

Do you have stuff you want to vent about?

Let me explain.  No. There is too much. Let me sum up.

Mayfield - too short

Rosen - too entitled

Darold - too good to be true

Allen - too raw

Jackson - too stubborn to run a 40

These are just the opinions I have seen here and not my own.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Let me explain.  No. There is too much. Let me sum up.

Mayfield - too short and can’t outrun Arkansas  sheriffs  

Rosen - too entitled, tennis player 

Darold - too good to be true, small hands 

Allen - too raw, couldn’t hit hospitality tent 

Jackson - too stubborn to run a 40, Too Tyrodish

These are just the opinions I have seen here and not my own.

Added a bit

Can't wait to get to the draft.  I watched highlights on all of these guys.  They're super players to get this far in life to be considered first round caliber quarterbacks.  

I wish them all the best, except when playing the Bills.  And of course I hope we draft the right guy.

Last year we took some heat for signing the two safeties, but they worked out just fine.  We traded down and got a great corner and an extra first rounder.  We dumped Sammy, got a year out of EJ Gaines and a 2nd round pick.  We drafted Dawkins, traded Glenn and moved up to #12.  We traded Tryod for the first pick in the 3rd.  By we I mean those guys, but they are my guys, so they are "we."  I trust them to get the guy they want.  And I trust that they will pay market value for that.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

I thought we could make a thread that we can look back on in a year or two that contains all the criticisms of this year's QB class. 

Every time I try and pick a favorite qb in the draft, I then read a ton of very harsh criticisms why they are doomed and will stink.

It isn't very fun and this time is stressful enough. 

So if you want come in and put the reasons why the QB's in the draft stink and you can put who said it too if you like.

For Darnold Chris Simms said he isn't the best at anything at all except for making turnovers.

Do you have stuff you want to vent about?

Oh I do.

I don't like Josh Rosen's face. I think he's going to be a fine QB. But it's like you took Eli Manning and Aaron Rodgers and smashed their faces together to make some mutant QB. Should he be named Aaron Manning? Eli Rodgers? I don't know. 

Forget his refusal to run a 40. I want to see if Lamar Jackson can punt the ball. That's right. Punt. If he can do that I will be convinced he's just a Randall Cunningham clone made in a lab from hair off Cunningham's hairbrush.

Waffles are much better than pancakes. 

Josh Allen's eyes are too low on his face. His eye level is closer to a 6'1" QB. 

Just a prediction here. Mike White will be a better NFL QB than Mason Rudolph.

• Like (+1) 1

Mayfield - short, angry, Napoleon complex, keeps records of every reporter who dissed him, doesn't use the pocket, public drunk, a TV  gonad grabber.

Rosen - rich, too fragile, a concussion waiting to happen, everyone hates him, will quit when it gets hard, big mouth will cause distractions.

Darnold -  System QB, another USC mirage bust, only 2 years starter, barely out of diapers, constantly turning the ball over.

Allen - A big armed future bust, an athlete not a QB, can't aim, is all hype, should be 3rd or 4th round project, in top 5 must be a joke.

Jackson - Raw, inaccurate, will take off running if first option isn't there, never learned to go through progressions, not very smart, his mom is a PITA, doesn't set feet right.

5 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Oh I do.

I don't like Josh Rosen's face. I think he's going to be a fine QB. But it's like you took Eli Manning and Aaron Rodgers and smashed their faces together to make some mutant QB. Should he be named Aaron Manning? Eli Rodgers? I don't know. 

Forget his refusal to run a 40. I want to see if Lamar Jackson can punt the ball. That's right. Punt. If he can do that I will be convinced he's just a Randall Cunningham clone made in a lab from hair off Cunningham's hairbrush.

Waffles are much better than pancakes. 

Josh Allen's eyes are too low on his face. His eye level is closer to a 6'1" QB. 

Just a prediction here. Mike White will be a better NFL QB than Mason Rudolph.

Lol at the bold.

Waffles are better, agreed.

I have noticed that Rosen actually tends to post the goofiest looking pictures of himself. I don't know why.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Most likely to have a meltdown, be out of the league and selling shoe laces on ebay in 3 years- Baker Mayfield 

Most likely to be doing magazine ads for a kids line of Isotoner gloves - Sam Darnold

Most likely to shatter George Blanda's  TD to Int ratio - Josh Allen

Most likely to star in a Snickers "I'm Batman" commercial - Josh Rosen.

Edited by slaphappy
  • Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Mayfield - short, angry, Napoleon complex, keeps records of every reporter who dissed him, doesn't use the pocket, public drunk, a TV  gonad grabber.

Rosen - rich, too fragile, a concussion waiting to happen, everyone hates him, will quit when it gets hard, big mouth will cause distractions.

Darnold -  System QB, another USC mirage bust, only 2 years starter, barely out of diapers, constantly turning the ball over.

Allen - A big armed future bust, an athlete not a QB, can't aim, is all hype, should be 3rd or 4th round project, in top 5 must be a joke.

Jackson - Raw, inaccurate, will take off running if first option isn't there, never learned to go through progressions, not very smart, his mom is a PITA, doesn't set feet right.

Lol at the bold.

Waffles are better, agreed.

I have noticed that Rosen actually tends to post the goofiest looking pictures of himself. I don't know why.

Waffles > pancakes for sure, but if you haven't done so yet, try adding a hefty spoonful of yogurt to your pancake recipe--it's basically a shortcut to getting the nice fermented starter dough that the classic pancake places use. They come out perfectly fluffy.

• Like (+1) 1

None of them are called Williams, therefore they will all bust.

This is from another thread,and courtesy of Inigo Montoya

"Here is a quick synopsis of what I have learned about the QBs in this year's draft on this message board;

1.  Each of the top 6 quarterbacks is the very best one for the Bills to draft

2.  Each of the top 6 quarterbacks is a terrible fit for the Bills and is a guaranteed bust

3.  Each of the top 6 quarterbacks, whichever is selected by the Bills, will result in some posters never watching the Buffalo Bills again

4.  Each of the top 6 quarterbacks is worth trading what ever draft picks are needed in order to move up and draft them 

5.  Each of the top 6 quarterbacks has serious flaws and we should not waste draft picks to trade up for them, but should draft other positions instead"

Edited by Buddo
Made to edit it, as the two pposts got merged
  • Like (+1) 1

The OZ strategy. Take each one to the Wizard and ask for their biggest need.

Wizard do you have any accuracy for Allen?

Wizard do you any maturity for Rosen?

Wizard can you make Mayfield taller?

Wizard do you have a brain for Lamar?

Wizard can you make Rudolph an underwear model?

Wizard can you grant Lauletta a new arm?

That about covers it!

• Thank you (+1) 1