Buffalo Bills ink.......do you have any?

Frez

When my oldest child (a daughter) graduated from college and was living with her fiancee in Ohio, she said the thing she missed most about home was Sunday afternoons watching Bills games with me and her 3 siblings, and learning all kinds of new words from me. A few weeks before her wedding . she came home for a weekend, and asked if we could get matching tattoos to help her remember all those Sundays together. What dad would say no to that? So we got matching  charging Buffalo tattoos on our ankles, then she surprised me with tix to that weekend's Bills game. And wouldn't you know--it was the Drayton Florence game, where Fitzy outdueled Brady. An awesome memory we still talk about . The only downer to the whole event was that her husband is a big Jet fan!! Why??

• Like (+1) 3

40 minutes ago, Roch Jim said:

When my oldest child (a daughter) graduated from college and was living with her fiancee in Ohio, she said the thing she missed most about home was Sunday afternoons watching Bills games with me and her 3 siblings, and learning all kinds of new words from me. A few weeks before her wedding . she came home for a weekend, and asked if we could get matching tattoos to help her remember all those Sundays together. What dad would say no to that? So we got matching  charging Buffalo tattoos on our ankles, then she surprised me with tix to that weekend's Bills game. And wouldn't you know--it was the Drayton Florence game, where Fitzy outdueled Brady. An awesome memory we still talk about . The only downer to the whole event was that her husband is a big Jet fan!! Why??

Great story! Thanks for sharing! 

My son had a prominent Bills tattoo. Unfortunately it still seemed to get lost in the rest of them. 

He later regretted all of them, but knew it was part of the path he had been down, so it was OK. That’s life. 

• Like (+1) 1

No. To each their own.

But like my old man (never tattooed either) would say:

"I was screwed blue, but NEVER tattooed!"

Why do people do this. IMO it's self mutilation.

Especially red ink, doesn't it fade the fastest?

It's so in vogue now... /smh

https://www.everydayhealth.com/columns/elizabeth-thompson-womens-wellness/tattoos-body-piercing-self-expression-self-mutilation/

"When I see people with tattoos, I ask myself, “Don’t they realize that won’t look so good on a 60-year-old shoulder?” 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

No. To each their own.

https://www.everydayhealth.com/columns/elizabeth-thompson-womens-wellness/tattoos-body-piercing-self-expression-self-mutilation/

"When I see people with tattoos, I ask myself, “Don’t they realize that won’t look so good on a 60-year-old shoulder?” 

Heck, I'm almost 50 and I hope I can make it to 60. Honestly , if it loses it's luster when I'm 60 I'll have that baby touched up and maybe something added to it. 

I remember sitting on my dad's lap and looking at his tattoos from WWII. He had some great stories about them I will never forget. Did his tattoos look new and fresh.......heck no! 

To each their own. 

Edited by Frez

On 4/3/2018 at 5:15 AM, Frez said:

Anyone else take the plunge and put your passion (Buffalo Bills) into a tattoo? I had this one done last summer in Lake George ,NY. Hope this link works.......

My Bills tattoo

yep actually just got one last week #billsmafia

20 hours ago, BuffaloTX said:

Anyone hiring?

tatuajes-horribles-1.png

Bob:  "Hi, welcome to Bob's Tattoo Parlor.  How can I help you?"

Customer: "I want you to put a black checkerboard pattern over my entire face.  Eye lids, lips, nostrils, eye brows, everything."

Bob: "Uh, OK, we can do that for you, but uh, are you sure you really want to do that?"

Customer: "Yeah, I've pretty much given up on life, so why not."

Bob:  "I can see that.  Please have a seat over there."

17 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

No. To each their own.

That's the least of us self-mutilators' concerns.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

My son had a very nice female friend who was not actually a sports fan. Not only did HE have a big Bills/NFL tattoo, but after his death early this year, SHE recently got the Bills helmet logo on her ankle, her first I believe. She sent us a photo today. She said it was in honor of him. He was known for many things, but the Bills were near the top of the list. Today would have been his 29th birthday.   

• Like (+1) 1