So what if the Bills don't trade up or go QB?

kota

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Then you should have taken your QB last year. 

The FO put this pressure on themselves. 

That is the reality. They sold of takent for picks. To go all in to get their QB. 

Jets got to 3. We didnt so Obviously 3 was for sale. So yes it will be a failure 

Well then clearly they didnt see a franchice qb.  Plus beane was not here at that time.  Whaley was the gm on case you forgot

Just now, Skins Malone said:

Well we have picks in the first round so...of course we can get a first round qb.

That wasn't the OPs question though. We know the Bills CAN take a QB. The question was what happens if the Bills ignore the QB position in round 1 and go with AJ and Peterman . 

Well then clearly they didnt see a franchice qb.  Plus beane was not here at that time.  Whaley was the gm on case you forgot

And McD was running the draft so your point??  Either way that is the reality. They put this pressure on themselves. And with the Jets trade up that kills their excuse that no on wanted to move. 

So Either get one of the top QBs or failed yet again to address the most critical position on the field and they caused that themselves Not ANY OTHER Team 

Just now, Knicks&Bills said:

Well I agree with that. I think we have a 50/50 shot at moving up. I think if we can, we should. Even if it comes with a heft price tag. The thing is that even if we do move up, there’s always the chance that the QB we pick will bust and set the franchise back, so it’s a risky proposition. I believe we should swing for the fences, but these certainly are anxious times.

I agree.  I have no problem with them moving up and swinging for the fences.  But you need a team willing to move back to 12.

1 minute ago, Skins Malone said:

Whaley had one foot out the door by last years draft. It was obvious as the picks started coming in that he wasn't calling the shots. McDermott pretty much ran that draft. 

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And McD was running the draft so your point??  Either way that is the reality. They put this pressure on themselves. And with the Jets trade up that kills their excuse that no on wanted to move. 

So Either get one of the top QBs or failed yet again to address the most critical position on the field and they caused that themselves Not ANY OTHER Team 

All situations are different...yea the jets moved but that team only has to drop to 6 not 12..apples and oranges 

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Whaley had one foot out the door by last years draft. It was obvious as the picks started coming in that he wasn't calling the shots. McDermott pretty much ran that draft. 

Working off whaleys board.  It still wasnt an ideal situation last year.  A gm with one foot out the door and a first time headcoach running the draft 

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

To answer the original question:  

Locusts will invade WNY, the lake and rivers will turn red with blood, and after that the apocalypse.

Or they'll draft guys and play next season.

Not sure which would be preferable

Exactly.  And all the people saying they are done will be back next season watching every game

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

I agree.  I have no problem with them moving up and swinging for the fences.  But you need a team willing to move back to 12.

I think it all depends on what we’re willing to give up. There’s a deal to be made, but we have to have the balls to do it, and then ace the pick we get. A lot can go wrong, and it probably will, but there’s always a chance

5 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

All situations are different...yea the jets moved but that team only has to drop to 6 not 12..apples and oranges 

No shows Colts would have moved for the right package. Didnt offer it or got shut out by Jets. 

Working off whaleys board.  It still wasnt an ideal situation last year.  A gm with one foot out the door and a first time headcoach running the draft 

That's irrelevant. McDermott had plenty of control and decided to move down rather than take a QB. Fine, if your plan is to have a better shot at a top ranked QB the next year. By all accounts, this year was going to be a better one than last. The team wasn't expected to be good, so a high draft pick was very possible. An extra pick, ( though likely in the 20's range) from KC should help get into stronger position. All well and good, and still could happen. If not, plan B is take a different player that only costs one pick or a lot less than a move up to the top 10. They liked Trubisky last year. Where would he fall in this draft? How about Watson, or even Mahomes? Any of these results could be seen as logical, but to simply ignore the position and " roll with AJ or Peterman" as stated by the OP would be epically bad planning. 

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

No shows Colts would have moved for the right package. Didnt offer it or got shut out by Jets. 

This is probably not true. It shows only that they were risk averse and wanted only an incremental move down for lots of picks. Free picks for almost no risk. They weren't going to 12 that early.  

44 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Then you should have taken your QB last year. 

The FO put this pressure on themselves. 

That is the reality. They sold of takent for picks. To go all in to get their QB. 

Jets got to 3. We didnt so Obviously 3 was for sale. So yes it will be a failure 

A true failure is to take a QB just to take one and then watch him flame out.

If the cost to get a QB ends up being too much (If Allen/Darnold/Rosen go 1/2/3 and the Browns want too much for pick 4) then fine.  I'd rather see them wait than reach for Jackson/Rudolph at 12.  But they better trade back for 2019 picks so we can grab a top QB prospect next year if that's what ends up happening.  If they get Jackson/Rudolph/White/Falk etc and do nothing to get a top prospect next year either I'll be very unhappy.  

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I cannot fathom in my mind that QB is not right at the top of the list

- We traded our starter of 3 years...

he was going no matter what, and if you have a brain you should want him to be gone

I have never had great results going in with an ‘at all costs’ mentality. I would be very weary of trading 12, 22, a second and a third this year and then a second next year for Baker. It’s not that I don’t think Baker has all the talent and can read a D. Baker will need a solid year sitting for a humbling experience. Baker needs a little emotional maturity. 

9 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

And IMMEDIATELY FIRE Beane after the draft 

This^^ Getting top D talent doesn't mean jack if that same talent wants to be traded after 2 years because we have a stagnant offense We didn't trade down last year to stay put, I simply can't believe that

• Like (+1) 1

i will be happy with it.....One of those 4 QBs will fall to 12.  Allen or baker will be there, if not we can move up to 8 or 7 easily to get them if they do fall.  Hell i think one of them will be there at 22, aka Lamar Jackson, or Rudolph in the 2nd.  The last time 5 QBs went in the 1st round was 1999.  I think we all need to just relax and wait another 3 weeks and it will all be over.