So what if the Bills don't trade up or go QB?

kota

Bills did not have a qb last year and they made playoffs. No need to give up all your picks. Fill out your roster and do everything you can for qb in free agency, draft, or trade. Just my 2 cents. 

I have been reserving judgment on this front office for over a year with the understanding that they were positioning themselves (and gathering assets) to get a QB near the top of this draft. Ending the drought and the other (good) personnel moves they've made between then and now have been happy additions for me... But it's still about this pick and this position. 

I don't care who they pick - I have my favorite of course, but if they love someone different go for it IMO. Don't let the draft come to them - make the moves needed to bend the draft to their will. 

If they screw it all up now by getting boxed out of thier guy, especially by the Jests, it'll be tough for me to be optimistic about Beane's longevity in Buffalo. It would be a disaster to crap out now - one that would end up with us stuck back in the same "rebuild" and "tear down" cycle of mediocrity we've been mired in for almost two decades. 

This is a franchise changing pick coming up. Make no mistake. 

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Eh. Panicking and "wishing" what the front office will do didn't help since 1996. No need in repeating that. Just sit back as fans and relax. We can't do **** anyway.

ESPN, news articles, podcasts saying that Bills need to trade up into Top 5 to get a QB is STUPID. It's like, "HEY GUYS. LOOK AT ME. ATTTENTION WHORE. WHOOO. LET ME TAKE OFF MY BRA." attention seeking stuff. To me, it's dead. Bills trying "like hell?" No they're not. I would be like, "Hey this is what we can offer." To the logical fan who is actually following this should be thinking, "Hey we don't have a top 10 pick to get into the Top 5. Stop beating a dead horse. It's dead, mate."

Look at this new article: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-bills-trade-up-for-josh-rosen-saquon-barkley-falls-to-buccaneers/

The article is pure click bait crap. That's not gonna happen. Go play Madden if you want to make it happen. ESPN included. They just need something to talk about. Otherwise, it would be dead silent. Just see what happens on Draft Night.

Edited by Buffalo Ballin
  • Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Eh. Panicking and "wishing" what the front office will do didn't help since 1996. No need in repeating that. Just sit back as fans and relax. We can't do **** anyway.

ESPN, news articles, podcasts saying that Bills need to trade up into Top 5 to get a QB is STUPID. It's like, "HEY GUYS. LOOK AT ME. ATTTENTION WHORE. WHOOO. LET ME TAKE OFF MY BRA." attention seeking stuff. To me, it's dead. Bills trying "like hell?" No they're not. I would be like, "Hey this is what we can offer." To the logical fan who is actually following this should be thinking, "Hey we don't have a top 10 pick to get into the Top 5. Stop beating a dead horse. It's dead, mate."

Look at this new article: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-bills-trade-up-for-josh-rosen-saquon-barkley-falls-to-buccaneers/

The article is pure click bait crap. That's not gonna happen. Go play Madden if you want to make it happen. ESPN included. They just need something to talk about. Otherwise, it would be dead silent. Just see what happens on Draft Night.

Sit back and relax. Hot take. ESPN , news and podcasts aren't aimed at the casual fan. Neither is a fan message board. It's cool and all if you are one, but this isn't where you'll find the " Netflix and chill" crowd on draft night. 

36 minutes ago, Knicks&Bills said:

...point? It was a fun year, but we had no shot of winning a SB. If we had a decent QB, who knows. Look at the eagels   

Point people are acting like we have a top five pick.  The only team guaranteed to get the qb they want are the browns.  We were picking in the 20s because we had a good season(we made the playoffs )Now 12.  We can only do such much to get the guy we want.  Teams maynot want to trade back.  People are acting like its so easy for the bills to move up and get one of these guys.  Alot of teams want qbs.  Its not a failure if teams arent willing to move.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

Point people are acting like we have a top five pick.  The only team guaranteed to get the qb they want are the browns.  We were picking in the 20s because we had a good season(we made the playoffs )Now 12.  We can only do such much to get the guy we want.  Teams maynot want to trade back.  People are acting like its so easy for the bills to move up and get one of these guys.  Alot of teams want qbs.  Its not a failure if teams arent willing to move.

It is 100% a failure. 

That is what this was about. Get the capital to make any move you want and need to secure a too QB this year. 

That is why you passed on QBs last year. 

So if you do not take your swing it is a failure 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

It is 100% a failure. 

That is what this was about. Get the capital to make any move you want and need to secure a too QB this year. 

That is why you passed on QBs last year. 

So if you do not take your swing it is a failure 

Too bad theres no such thing as being able to make any move you want in the draft.

7 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

The plan was to draft a top QB this year. That plan may not work out. Plan B is a QB later in the round that may need more development. No first round QB as the OP stated ? That is absolutely a failure to address the situation with any kind of plan. I don't think this will happen, but it would clearly be a failure if it did. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

1 minute ago, Skins Malone said:

Too bad theres no such thing as being able to make any move you want in the draft.

Then you should have taken your QB last year. 

The FO put this pressure on themselves. 

That is the reality. They sold of takent for picks. To go all in to get their QB. 

Jets got to 3. We didnt so Obviously 3 was for sale. So yes it will be a failure 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

The plan was to draft a top QB this year. That plan may not work out. Plan B is a QB later in the round thatvmay need more development. No first round QB as the OP stated ? That is absolutely a failure to address the situation with any kind of plan. I don't think this will happen, but it would clearly be a failure if it did. 

Well we have picks in the first round so...of course we can get a first round qb.

5 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

Well I agree with that. I think we have a 50/50 shot at moving up. I think if we can, we should. Even if it comes with a heft price tag. The thing is that even if we do move up, there’s always the chance that the QB we pick will bust and set the franchise back, so it’s a risky proposition. I believe we should swing for the fences, but these certainly are anxious times.