Most likely draft scenario

KRT88

Most likely draft scenario?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following is the most likely draft scenario?

• Bills trade up to #2 and get their guy
    • Bills trade up to #4 or 6 and get their guy
    • Bills trade up to #-7-10 and get whoever is left
    • Bills stay at #12 and pick leftover QB
    • Bills draft something other than QB at #12 and #22

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/10/2018 at 03:48 AM

From everything I've read & listen to from Bills beat reporters... I believe the Bills will stay at 12, unless their guy.... Baker Mayfield is still on the board at 4. (Hopefully the Jets draft Josh Allen... that would be great another bust QB going to the Jets ?)

If Mayfield is still on the board at 4, we will attempt to trade up... if no one is willing to trade or Mayfield is off the board. The Backup plan is Lamar Jackson... we will stay at 12, Draft Jackson or Roquan Smith (If they feel they can get Jackson at 22).

It's a more scenarios base answer when it comes to this question 

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

How so? We are pretty much guaranteed to see at least 2 QBs off the board within the first 3 picks. That could have other QB needy teams scrambling to trade up as well.

Could be... but the Giants aren't trading they seem to wanna keep their 2nd overall pick. The Bills have just as much of a shot to move up to 4 then anyone against us.

35 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Broncos could easily take a QB at 5 or even move up. Dolphins, Cardinals and Chargers could also make a play to trade up for a QB. 

Jets are taking a QB. I refuse to even acknowledge any other scenario.

Man....this is history in the making. I'm agreeing with Bangarang... after years of battling this guy on the BB Msg board... I'm actually agreeing with him...lol

Hell probably froze over ?

I'm in a good mood... where's The Slammer? For ol'times sake  

• Haha (+1) 1

You guys wanna know what happens?  Here's what's happening:

1. Cleveland- Sam Darnold

2. NY Giants- Josh Rosen

3. NY Jets- Baker Mayfield

4. Cleveland- non-QB

5. Denver- non-QB

6 or 7. Bills trade up and select Josh Allen

Book it.

Edited by metzelaars_lives
  • Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Broncos could easily take a QB at 5 or even move up. Dolphins, Cardinals and Chargers could also make a play to trade up for a QB. 

Jets are taking a QB. I refuse to even acknowledge any other scenario.

Dolphins are close to Bills pick at 12. Cardinals and Chargers not really a threat as the Bills can beat any offer they make. IF they want to , that is. But no threat of a Jets type scenario. The Broncos are already ahead of the Bills at 5 and have hinted at moving back, as well as taking a QB at 5. Not much the Bills can do about DEN if they want to move up though. The Jets were the biggest threat and already made their move. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, metzelaars_lives said:

2. NY Giants- Josh Rosen

4. Cleveland- non-QB

5. Denver- non-QB

Book it.

Prediction or inside knowledge

1 hour ago, BuffAlone said:

Probably the smartest move. But where and at what price? If he OR Rosen are there at 7 or 8, we should make the move

If I were GM I would do it...I think at 7 or 8 we might only have to give up a 2nd rounder

That they will draft a QB and we will promptly hear these quotes from the FO:

”Top guy on our Board”

”Cant believe he was there for us”

”We were sweating and got a Steal”

never knowing where he really ranks on their QB board. 

Edited by MAJBobby

44 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

Prediction or inside knowledge

Prediction.  Nobody on planet Earth has inside knowledge as to how this thing plays out.  If I know of anything as the draft approaches I will be happy to share.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

15 minutes ago, metzelaars_lives said:

Prediction.  Nobody on planet Earth has inside knowledge as to how this thing plays out.  If I know of anything as the draft approaches I will be happy to share.

I know you're a friend of Don Banks so thought maybe you had some insight. Hope to hell we can grab Rosen.

Edited by horned dogs

It's an interesting question.

My guess is that their first choice is to trade up to #2 and that they would be willing to pay well above market value to do that. But it's not at all clear that the Giants will do that. The Jints might be thinking that they're going to stay there and pick someone unless they get an offer that's way way way above market value. I'd like to see the Bills step up there and give, but there surely does have to be a limit, and perhaps the Giants would require more than we would/should be willing to give. 

After #2, it becomes wildly unclear because if the Giants don't trade (or if someone else pays a very large price to trade up), it's reasonably likely that the first three picks will all have been QBs. But which ones? Once you get past the top three or so it starts depending on who's left and whether your team likes them or thinks they'd fit.

My guess is that the Browns aren't trading back from #4 if Barkley is still there, and that by #6, four QBs will have been picked. That could easily turn out to be wrong, but it's not an unreasonable guess. And at that point, things would be so unpredictable I wouldn't even want to guess.

If forced, I'd say a tradeup to #2 is the most likely.

7 hours ago, Bangarang said:

How so? We are pretty much guaranteed to see at least 2 QBs off the board within the first 3 picks. That could have other QB needy teams scrambling to trade up as well.

Agreed I don't see any way that Jets move is good for us. I hope he's right, though.

Edited by Thurman#1

In a year with no consensus number 1 or 2 qb, i don’t want the Bills to pay a fortune to move up to 2.  I want Beane to stay patient, see what shakes out, then maybe pay a modest price to move up to 7 if someone he likes slips.  I’m thinking 12 and 22 for 7 and 38 from Tampa.

I honestly believe based on what the Bills and the Giants FOs are saying (and crucially not saying) a trade to #2 is the most likely scenario - so long as Cleveland does not take their guy at #1. People might think that is wishful thinking but if I had to put money on one outcome that would be where I'd put it.

I think the Browns are going Darnold and for reasons I have gone into before I don't believe he is the Bills' guy. Even if the Giants stay at #2 I don't believe they take a Quarterback so that means the Bills could still get their guy at #4.... depending on who the Jets take. I think the Jets covet Josh Allen. They were pretty much the first NFL team on his case in 2016 and my gut says he is their guy. In that scenario Josh Rosen makes it to #4. Baker Myfield is there as well. Maybe the Bills go up. If they don't then we are at #5 and the Broncos are the hardest team in the top 6 to predict in my opinion. I think Elway knows he still needs a Quarterback. I think he also knows that missing on 1st round Quarterbacks twice in three years makes your seat really, really hot if the Broncos go sub .500 again. Unless he feels absolutely sure about a guy at #5 my gut says they pass. I think the Colts will draft a player at 6. They have needs at all 4 spots that the best 4 non QBs play. 

So essentially the Bills trade options are:

#2 - most likely;

#4 - depends on the Jets;

#7 - depends on the Broncos.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, metzelaars_lives said:

2. NY Giants- Josh Rosen

4. Cleveland- non-QB

5. Denver- non-QB

Book it.

nope

1.darnold

2.barkley

3.rosen

4.mayfield bills

5.allen

6.chubb

11 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

Most likely scenario for top 5 is:

1. QB to Browns

2. QB to Giants

3. QB to Jets

4. Barkley or Chubb

5. last of the top 4 QBs to Broncos

I don't want this scenario (I love the potential of Darnold, Allen, Rosen and Mayfield) but I'd be surprised if any of them fell past the Broncos. If by chance one did fall past Broncos #7 is the highest spot I think we could get since the Colts didn't want our boat load of picks for #3 (they know pick 6 is a good spot to get Chubb, Barkley or Nelson).

I feel like Beane and McDermott get it and if they miss out on the top 4 QBs they know there is no point in forcing the QB issue on non-franchise type QBs later (remember Losman) in the draft. We stick with getting best players available like Edmunds or Smith at 12 and maybe even trade our 22 for a 2nd rounder this year and a future 1st/2nd next year so we have ammo to move up again next year or the year after for our franchise QB. 

Better to build the team up everywhere else and be patient with AJ at the helm than waste 4 more years (EJ Manuel, Losman, etc) on guys who never should've been drafted in the 1st round

this would be a nightmare!. that would leave az. and miami to deal with.  if az. makes a move for 7-10, i see them taking jackson and miami taking rudolph at 11. we would be screwed!:o

10 hours ago, metzelaars_lives said:

2. NY Giants- Josh Rosen

4. Cleveland- non-QB

5. Denver- non-QB

Book it.

this would suck. i cannot even fathom baker in n.y. 

I believe a trade up to #2 is the most likely scenario.  You need a QB to legitimately win.  But once you have that, you need depth throughout the roster.  The Giants season last year showed they desperately need an infusion of young talent throughout the roster.  Not something that can be accomplished with just one supposed elite blue chip player, plus a few other rookies, but something that can be accomplished with 9 picks in the first 69 players.

Honestly I think the deal is already done.  My reason for it not being announced yet is a little Machiavellian, but currently the league is generating buzz from the ownership meetings, rule changes, etc, however it's a crowded news cycle, especially in sports, with the Final Four, baseball opening day, etc.  I think the league is going to wait until they can dominate the news cycle and generate buzz for the draft by announcing the trade closer to the event.  

i'm praying we do not overpay for no.2 and i think barkley and dealing with obd could put the giants in contention for taking that team back to the sb...and they also pick high in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

however, the worst possible thing that can happen is they take rosen and the jets take mayfield.