Bills to workout TE Dallas Goedert - SDSU.

PIZ

I said earlier this offseason: Don't be surprised if the Bills draft a quality tight end this year. I think they want to move on from Clay's contract and chronic injury issues after this season.

With them working out Goedert at TE and Penny at RB, and with there still being a huge need at WR and OG, I'm beginning to think they may draft more players on offense than I would've thought this year.

• Like (+1) 2

Tight ends take some time to develop and with Clay and O'Leary in place for the upcoming season it might be smart to take a tight end this season, Clay gets hurt a lot so depth is always a good idea and even if Clay stays healthy having an heir apparent in place who can learn for a year is a good idea. 

48 minutes ago, Logic said:

I said earlier this offseason: Don't be surprised if the Bills draft a quality tight end this year. I think they want to move on from Clay's contract and chronic injury issues after this season.

With them working out Goedert at TE and Penny at RB, and with there still being a huge need at WR and OG, I'm beginning to think they may draft more players on offense than I would've thought this year.

I do too.  His production certainly hasn't matched his salary, and I'm thinking McDermott's patience is probably already worn a bit thin. 

I would LOVE to see Goedert in a Bills uni.  If what I'm hoping happens and we make the moves to move up in the draft to get our QB, my guess is he would fall into the area where we'd either JUST miss out on getting him, or have to spend too early of a pick to take him.....lol the sunken place.  But I'm really trying to prepare myself for us staying put at 12, not getting one of the big 4, and keeping all of our picks.  In that event, getting an infusion of young offensive talent this year wouldn't be a bad thing to me.  Goedert and Penny both, with Chark or St. Brown thrown in would be a VERY nice combination to quiet my sobbing from not getting Mayfield or Rosen...

4 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

That's a pretty nice list of guys you put down there.

Each draft, I typically pick out a group of 2nd or 3rd tier guys that I think will do well on the Bills.  I like the guys that are good players, that don't get all kinds of hype.  I guess I'm a little like McDermott in that regard.  Probably Taven Bryan will be the highest draft pick from my list.

Edited by PIZ

1 hour ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

could go bottom of the first top of the second depending on the first te needy team willing to draft him a little bit early.

if the bills grabbed Gesicki or Goedert along with one of Anthony Miller/Washinton/Pettis and Penny it would really be awesome !

I really like Goedert, Miller, and Michel would settle for Penny as well, that would be quite a haul at the skill positions!