WR Kaelin Clay is Back with the Bills

Relax, folks.  Clay is a depth signing and may even end up as camp fodder.  While I agree with most here that we need help in the WR1/WR2 area, I don't see the signing of Clay at this point in time as having any impact on that.  I don't think Beane and McDermott are saying - "Great - we just re-signed Kaelin Clay - now we're all set at WR!"  I would guess that their thought process is more like "Hey - we just got a depth speed WR who we are familiar with at a cheap price.  Let's see if he can grab one of the last roster spots at WR and if not, we can cut him with little to no cost or risk and go with somebody else."

8 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Don’t understand why Jeff Janis can’t get a call?!

ST stud, 6’3” 220, 4.4 guy, good hands, decent route runner...

If your just looking for a guy to run a vertical route why not get a fast guy who can actually body someone?

It seems like Janis has some interesting potential and just didn't get a chance to play in Green Bay. I'd love to have him in. 

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Oofaaaa. That's bad.

Updated #Bills WRs:
-Kelvin Benjamin
-Zay Jones
-Andre Holmes
-Rod Streater
-Kaelin Clay
-Brandon Reilly
-Malachi Dupre
-Quan Bray

Good news is at the very least they can upgrade that depth chart after June 1st........when Edmonton and Ottawa have to make their final cuts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

I honestly think we'll be fine. Taylor didn't do those guys any favors. I know a lot of people think that its the other way around, but many of our WR's have gone on to other teams and produced a lot more with better QB's (Woods, Goodwin, Hogan, etc).

I'm excited to see what these guys can do with a better passer.

We've never valued them enough to give them a QB that will throw to them. Hopefully that changes this year.

MJS, even myself being a T2 supporter while he was here, I am a glad +1 to your (bold) comment! Thanks for bringing  good insights! :beer:

• Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The Bills receivers are so, so bad. This group is tragic. Hopefully they can add Bryant for a 4th and land Anthony Miller or Dante Pettis in the 3rd. They need a 1 or 2 and another top 4 at the very least. 

Giving a 4th for Bryant is a mistake for then they also inherit the contract. Better to sign him as FA when cut and if he does not want to come to Buffalo better that he was never traded for in this stage of his career.

22 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

Relax, folks.  Clay is a depth signing and may even end up as camp fodder.  

ORRRR..........KB's bone-on-bone knees could fail yet again........Zay could go into rehab for flakka the day before the season starts.......and then when Streater breaks his foot again:

Andre Holmes and Kaelin Clay could be the base WR personnel!

Literally the most trustworthy player in their WR corps is Andre Holmes.

Take KB out of there and it  looks like a "who's left" in free agency list you'd see after preseason game 1.  

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1