Are We a Playoff Team with A.J. ?

24 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Didn't you learn anything last year?

#TrustTheProcess

I won't predict a number of wins - but I sort of expect a regression - although maybe we won't get hammered with WR/TE(Clay) injuries this season - and we'll upgrade the OL.  We did upgrade the DL.  On the other hand, I do trust the process and would not be shocked if they do improve in year 2.  I guess the other wildcard is the change at OC.

7 hours ago, Luka said:

We made the playoffs with guys like Tyrod, Joe Webb and Peterman playing QB so I would have to say yea, we're still a playoff team with AJ.

Highly unlikely in my opinion that the Bills are a playoff team.

Even if Mccaron is equal to tyrod, the chances of the Bills forcing those types of turnovers and getting those fortunate bounces just to sneak in the playoffs again are very slim.

The Bills overachieved last year.

I see them around 7 to 8 wins next year 

I thought about this one for quite a while before saying anything. AJ is a winner and a fiery competitor. I have no doubt that he will push whomever we draft for the starting position. If we roll with him as the starter then I say we are on the fringe. 

AJ is fairly accurate and seems to make good decisions. The question is the arm strength. The further he throws the ball down the field the stranger it looks. It's like he has to put everything he's got into getting the ball 50 yards down field. Even then his passes have a strange trajectory. I think we can win, and I think he may be an upgrade over Tyrod in different ways, but I don't think he makes our team as a whole better than we were per say. 

Edited by H2o

16 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Such as?

-Getting WRs more involved

-Getting the ball out on time takes pressure off Oline

- The two above may open up some room Shady

Tyrods biggest weakness in my opinion was his play late in games when you need to score. He continued to play safe. In all 3 of his seasons here he just couldn’t get the job done. There was also plenty of times late in first half where we had the ball, some points can have big impact on the game in this situation. Tyrod goes 3 and out, the other team gets the ball and they put points on the board. 

All can help offense improve,  and the play late in games can have a major impact on our final record

Edited by BananaB

Just now, BananaB said:

Tyrods biggest weakness in my opinion was his play late in games when you need to score. He continued to play safe. In all 3 of his seasons here he just couldn’t get the job done. There was also plenty of times late in halfs where we had the ball, some points can have big impact on the game in this situation. Tyrod goes 3 and out, the other team gets the ball and they put points on the board. 

All can help offense improve,  and the play late in games can have a major impact on our final record

AJM has a lot to prove with regard to any of what you posted as reasons and especially so with lesser talent than what he played with in CIN.  He doesn't react particularly well to pressure and takes too many sacks.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Tyrods biggest weakness in my opinion was his play late in games when you need to score. He continued to play safe. In all 3 of his seasons here he just couldn’t get the job done. There was also plenty of times late in first half where we had the ball, some points can have big impact on the game in this situation. Tyrod goes 3 and out, the other team gets the ball and they put points on the board. 

People forget that with an offense that featured green, sanu and Marvin jones at wr McCarron succeeded in passing for over 200 yds just once in his four starts back in 2015. He’s really shown nothing to support anyone’s assertion he’s gonna get wr’s more involved or improve the passing game at all. 

He very well might be able to. And I really hope he does but he’s not done much to prove he can. 

On 3/30/2018 at 7:29 AM, ShadyBillsFan said:

I've also read stuff from other Bengals fans who weren't impressed with him.  Go figure, fans who don't like the backup.

I don't follow college, so what do I know.   I have read people on here bragging on players that have won the National Championship etc.  

Time will tell.   

I watch college and the Bills and I hate Bama players  but I think a change from Tyrod ball will be a breath of fresh air. he isn't going to be the franchise but hopefully we see some semblance of a pass game. I really hope that we see an emergence of a young qb soon.

11 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

People forget that with an offense that featured green, sanu and Marvin jones at wr McCarron succeeded in passing for over 200 yds just once in his four starts back in 2015. He’s really shown nothing to support anyone’s assertion he’s gonna get wr’s more involved or improve the passing game at all. 

He very well might be able to. And I really hope he does but he’s not done much to prove he can. 

16 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

AJM has a lot to prove with regard to any of what you posted as reasons and especially so with lesser talent than what he played with in CIN.  He doesn't react particularly well to pressure and takes too many sacks.

We’ll see what happens. You guys want to evaluate a guy on four starts and compare him too a guy that has played 40+... I’m not saying he’s gonna do all this, i’m just saying there is a lot that can be improved upon to help improve this offense and that it’s possible AJ can. We don’t know where AJ is in his development, if he has improved since his last time seeing significant action. It’s not like we need HOF QB play to improve on what we watched these past few years.

Edited by BananaB

1 minute ago, BananaB said:

We’ll see what happens. You guys want to evaluate a guy on four starts and compare him too a guy that has played 40+... I’m not saying he’s gonna do all this, i’m just saying there is a lot that can be improved upon to help improve this offense and that it’s possible AJ can help us. We don’t know where AJ is in his development, if he has improved since his last time seeing significant action. It’s not like we need HOF QB play to improve on what we watched these past few years.

I'm evaluating him on his own play and nothing else. 

8 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

Even if Mccaron is equal to tyrod, the chances of the Bills forcing those types of turnovers and getting those fortunate bounces just to sneak in the playoffs again are very slim.

With even slightly competent QB play last year we were a 10 or 11 win team.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BananaB said:

Thats one thing your right about.

Again, he averaged 208 yards per game in CIN with a great receiving corps which is something that we do not have in BUF.  Don't get your hopes up too high. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Again, he averaged 208 yards per game in CIN with a great receiving corps which is something that we do not have in BUF.  Go get your hopes up too high. 

All your years of watching football and you never seen a player improve?

9 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

They addressed their major weaknesses on D with FAs, run D and pass rush with Star and Trent. They still need an LB or 2, but it will come down to the OP’s question.