Are We a Playoff Team with A.J. ?

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Toss out some parameters. I might be interested in wagering $100 to make $1000

really, for someone that is uncertain or claims they couldn't decide one way or the other, this tells me you're leaning toward failure rather then success.

ftr, it was a matter of speaking, I'm not going to take your money.

Just now, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

really, for someone that is uncertain or claims they couldn't decide one way or the other, this tells me you're leaning toward failure rather then success.

ftr, it was a matter of speaking, I'm not going to take your money.

I am uncertain on whether he is better than Nathan Peterman.

It's funny how quickly folks back off of 10 to 1 odds when asked.

I cant knock people for needing to see if AJM is a good player before they think he is.....saying they know that he is not is a little far fetched as well

We know that he was very good in college....and has several NFL training camps and pre seasons to work on any issues with his game...I consider that a plus.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

so then it's wait and see for you. no one knows based off the little nfl experience but I would bet 10 to 1 he does better then the last stop gap QB. those that brought him in never would of signed him had they not felt he was going to be the better option? 

we shall see.

When he was signed, the contract he was given and the stories about the signing sure make it seem AJ was simply the right price, not a guy identified as being the right guy.

The thing the AJ and/or Peterman people fail to understand is no one is saying we need to cut McCarron or Peterman the instant we draft a QB.  Just that neither have shown anything near enough to eliminate pursing another option.

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

When he was signed, the contract he was given and the stories about the signing sure make it seem AJ was simply the right price, not a guy identified as being the right guy.

The thing the AJ and/or Peterman people fail to understand is no one is saying we need to cut McCarron or Peterman the instant we draft a QB.  Just that neither have shown anything near enough to eliminate pursing another option.

To me the price he was signed for screamed "we are taking a QB high"

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I cant knock people for needing to see if AJM is a good player before they think he is.....saying they know that he is not is a little far fetched as well

We know that he was very good in college....and has several NFL training camps and pre seasons to work on any issues with his game...I consider that a plus.

Not really.  He looked like a game manager on a team loaded with talent. 

He certainly was no Namath, Stabler, or even Todd at Alabama.

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

To me the price he was signed for screamed "we are taking a QB high"

Exactly.

The offseason played out such that it seemed we saw there were more QBs who thought they should be a starter than teams offering an actual chance at a starting job.  We simply waited until the last guy standing without a chair needed somewhere to sit down and took our offer, well below what other QBs received.

That's a far cry from the intent it seems some are assigning to McCarron.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I am uncertain on whether he is better than Nathan Peterman.

It's funny how quickly folks back off of 10 to 1 odds when asked.

did I say I wanted to bet you? 10 to 1 odds were in reference to him out playing taylor.

my bad, I thought you were talking about taylor.

I stand on the 10-1 odds McCarron does better then taylor.

6 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

fair enough

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I have no problem with saying McCarron will be better then taylor, no problem at all.

12 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think the premise here is do we think.  Some have assumed others Think.  

SoS different thread   :)

He is a better passer than Tyrod. We will see if that makes the offense better.  But it doesn't take much. Being a better passer may not back the LB and CB's off enough to open more running or throwing lanes. 

We shall see. 

2 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

did I say I wanted to bet you? 10 to 1 odds were in reference to him out playing taylor.

my bad, I thought you were talking about taylor.

I stand on the 10-1 odds McCarron does better then taylor.

All I asked was what parameters you were going to base performance on. Total Yards? Yards per Game? TDs per game? Wins? QB Rating? TD:TO Ratio? TD%? YAC/R?

I'm not going to make you put your money where your mouth is, per se. I'm just curious where exactly you think we're going to be improved.

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

All I asked was what parameters you were going to base performance on. Total Yards? Yards per Game? TDs per game? Wins? QB Rating? TD:TO Ratio? TD%? YAC/R?

I'm not going to make you put your money where your mouth is, per se. I'm just curious where exactly you think we're going to be improved.

I feel I can say all of the above. seems like a pretty simple answer but I feel he will do better in just about every parameter. maybe TD:TO Ratio he may not do as well as he'll likely throw more then taylor did?  one thing he wont be doing is running around like a chicken with it's head cut off after his first read. something I certainly wont miss from taylor.

19 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I feel I can say all of the above. seems like a pretty simple answer but I feel he will do better in just about every parameter. maybe TD:TO Ratio he may not do as well as he'll likely throw more then taylor did?  one thing he wont be doing is running around like a chicken with it's head cut off after his first read. something I certainly wont miss from taylor.

You certainly can say that, but it doesn't make it correct. We shall see what ultimately happens. As it stands with McC's small sample size, he accounted for fewer yards per game, fewer TDs per game, his TD:TO was less than half of TTs, lower YPA, lower TD%, higher TO%, lower passer rating, and a lower ANY/A.

Let's hope he has improved over the past couple years.

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

You certainly can say that, but it doesn't make it correct. We shall see what ultimately happens. As it stands with McC's small sample size, he accounted for fewer yards per game, fewer TDs per game, his TD:TO was less than half of TTs, lower YPA, lower TD%, higher TO%, lower passer rating, and a lower ANY/A.

Let's hope he has improved over the past couple years.

All of that with better weapons. 

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

56 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Let me try to help you two...  Do bets often have 3 options to bet?    

He looks like a QB and the Bills win 9 + games.   Pick an over 9

He looks like a QB and the Bills win 9 + games.   Pick an under 9. 
He doesn't look like a QB and the Bills win  less than 8 games. 

Winner gets Bragging Rights (if that makes you feel cooler) 

8 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Dude, I get your posting style.  The topic is AJ and not the left QB formerly known as TT. 

I didnt' bring up Hotrod, you did. Don't make ridiculous demonstrable false statements and I won't respond :D.

I hope AJ is the man and hoists several Lombardis during his long illustrious Bills career.  I think he can do it.

Go BILLS !!

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

McDermott and Beane signed AJ Mccarron.  I'm good with their choice 

They also signed Nasty Nate, TJ Yates, and Zay "Drop Zone" Jones, so the jury is still out on their judgement IMHO.

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I didnt' bring up Hotrod, you did. Don't make ridiculous demonstrable false statements and I won't respond :D.

I hope AJ is the man and hoists several Lombardis during his long illustrious Bills career.  I think he can do it.

Go BILLS !!

They also signed Nasty Nate, TJ Yates, and Zay "Drop Zone" Jones, so the jury is still out on their judgement IMHO.

I don’t get you. You give me a thumbs up like then criticize me.   

I did not star the TT discussion. 

Follow the thread it was started on post 12 or 15. 

We have AJ and NP and? 

Bring on OTAs April 16.  

Bring on the draft April 26

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I don’t get you. You give me a thumbs up like then criticize me.   

I did not star the TT discussion. 

Follow the thread it was started on post 12 or 15. 

We have AJ and NP and? 

Bring on OTAs April 16.  

Bring on the draft April 26

I don't know who started but I  responded to you taking about Hotrod.  Sometimes people say things that deserve a thumbs up, and some not.

Did you watch the last video? 

Go BILLS!!!

23 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

And none of those starters would matter with Nate Peterman throwing 5 INTS a game.

How many times have the Bills tried to Build up the team to support a sub-par QB in the past 18 years?

A stout MLB is not putting you in the playoffs,  a #1 WR is not doing anything for you if he doesn't have anyone throwing him the Ball. An All-pro Guard is not doing anything if the guy he is protecting is not worth a damn.

5 interceptions, 5 interceptions...

The kid had one bad game and you guys talk like everytime he goes out there he's going to throw 5 interceptions. But lets just forget his next outing as a starter he looked good untill he got hurt and it was in a freakin blizzard. Putting Peterman (a rookie) in his first game against a top 5 defense with an Oline that was horrible was all McDermott fault.  

Im not say to not draft a QB at all, Im says maybe we should relax sit patiently waiting at 12 and take whatever top QB is available then. I really think 1 if not 2 of the top 5 will be available  (Mayfield, Allen, Jackson). I wouldnt be against wait till 22 and going after Rudolph. Either way you get your QB plus shill have 5 other picks to address needs

29 minutes ago, Davejr511 said:

5 interceptions, 5 interceptions...

The kid had one bad game and you guys talk like everytime he goes out there he's going to throw 5 interceptions. But lets just forget his next outing as a starter he looked good untill he got hurt and it was in a freakin blizzard. Putting Peterman (a rookie) in his first game against a top 5 defense with an Oline that was horrible was all McDermott fault.  

Im not say to not draft a QB at all, Im says maybe we should relax sit patiently waiting at 12 and take whatever top QB is available then. I really think 1 if not 2 of the top 5 will be available  (Mayfield, Allen, Jackson). I wouldnt be against wait till 22 and going after Rudolph. Either way you get your QB plus shill have 5 other picks to address needs

The Nate Haters won't give up.  Their minds are made up (just like they still insist TT was a good option for the Bills).

All this Nate trash talk doesn't matter.  AJ will be the starter.