Are We a Playoff Team with A.J. ?

10 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

How in the heck would anyone possibly know?  AJ has done nothing in the NFL to date...but then again neither had Dak or Russell when they took over their teams before they were expected to.

also ....   Neither did TT when he first came and a lot of Bills fans thought they would be back then.  

I guess we need to let the optimists dream and pessimists doubt 

21 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

How in the heck would anyone possibly know?  AJ has done nothing in the NFL to date...but then again neither had Dak or Russell when they took over their teams before they were expected to.

you have absolutely no thoughts on the strength of the Bills as a playoff team right now?

do you know what the purpose of a thread where fans gather to shoot the breeze is?

I would say ABSOLUTELY !! AJ is a winner , has won (given the chance) every where he has been i just think he needs to be given a legit chance like the Bills did Tyrod !

I just hope this wouldn't turn into the same situation as the Flutie/Johnson thing did !! 

That being said i think (no disrespect intended) cooler heads reside over this situation ...

15 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Right. We don’t know. But the question is an objective one, which I take to mean: “based on what we know today, do the Bills project as a playoff team?”  We know that with last year’s roster and TT at QB we were solidly average. There’ve been some additions and subtractions other than at QB; if TT were back at QB, I’d say 8-8. I like McCarron smbetter than TT because, as always, the devil you don’t know has a higher upside. He also has a lower downside. Since the market for TT was clearly stronger than that for AJ, unless I assume that I am smarter than the collective wisdom of NFL GMs, I have to assume that the consensus is that TT is better right now. But the Bills’ situation called for taking the calculated risk. Hence, 7-9 or so makes sense, and I’m hoping that the chance that AJ is considerably better than TT comes true. But those are the facts on the ground right now.  All else is wishful thinking. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Looper said:

Assuming we don't get one of the big 4 QBs, are we a playoff team with A.J. ? Or are we the 2017 Browns and the #1 seed to get Drew Luck, Jacob Eason, or Jarrett Stidham next year ? 

Is it worth even using a draft pick on Rudolph or Jackson ? 

NO!!!

10 minutes ago, row_33 said:

you have absolutely no thoughts on the strength of the Bills as a playoff team right now?

do you know what the purpose of a thread where fans gather to shoot the breeze is?

I propose that all speculative posts be banned. We should only be allowed to post things like:  1. The Bills made the playoffs last year. 2. The Bills draft 12th, and will no doubt select the man they believe is the best player available given their needs. Life will be simpler. We will spend collectively thousands of fewer hours on needless speculation.  American productivity will improve. America will ge great. Again. 

I suppose anything can happen but Mccaron had a chance in free agency to get paid like a starter and teams around the league balked at that. With all the openings and qb needy teams, Mccaron ends up signing a 2 year 10mil deal with the Bills who say he will compete with Peterman for the chance to start. 

Actual GMs around the NFL told us what they think of Mccaron and that is he is a backup or spot starter. Mccaron is being paid about as low as a veteran qb can be paid. 

And watching his games I would tend to agree with the NFL executives. There is nothing special about Mccaron as far as arm talent, size or mobility. He looks like and plays like a backup or low end starter. Most of his playing time took place in 2015 with a absolutely loaded wr corps and offense. Dalton put up great numbers that year as well before he got hurt. Bills don’t have AJ Green, Marvin Jones, M. Sanu, and Eifert to make his life easier.  

Edited by racketmaster

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I propose that all speculative posts be banned. We should only be allowed to post things like:  1. The Bills made the playoffs last year. 2. The Bills draft 12th, and will no doubt select the man they believe is the best player available given their needs. Life will be simpler. We will spend collectively thousands of fewer hours on needless speculation.  American productivity will improve. America will ge great. Again. 

or you could continue to do so, as many have this time of year.

this has helped some for me.

You've chosen to ignore content by row_33.

3 hours ago, Looper said:

Assuming we don't get one of the big 4 QBs, are we a playoff team with A.J. ? Or are we the 2017 Browns and the #1 seed to get Drew Luck, Jacob Eason, or Jarrett Stidham next year ? 

Is it worth even using a draft pick on Rudolph or Jackson ? 

Neither.

In fact, if we have to sell too many draft picks in order (especially) to get Rosen that is the end game/last one to leave turn out the lights. We will have entered the Dark Ages of Buffalo history. None of the available rookies are Franchise/lead zeros to heroes guys. Feh. Maybe Mayfield but I doubt that too. 

I like AJ a lot and I think he'll be hard pressed to lead this talentless group to the playoffs - unless those first six picks deliver "gold, Jerry, gold".

On the whole I think Bills fans are wildly overly optimistic for what we have on the roster now - leading to questions just like Looper's.  

2 hours ago, dbflaBill said:

Proving my point that you know nothing. 

2 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

AJ has more  playoff touchdowns than TT. 

Proving the point that you are the know nothing. AJ has a passing playoff touchdown and TT has zero. Before you criticize someone make sure of your facts.

1 minute ago, simpleman said:

Proving the point that you are the know nothing. AJ has a passing playoff touchdown and TT has zero. Before you criticize someone make sure of your facts.

What does that prove? Doesnt prove/mean a damn thing. TT has been a starter the last 3 years while McCarron has been sitting the bench behind an average QB. 

19 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

the last Bills QB had roughly a .500 record.   just saying 

That’s what I’m saying. Tyrod for 3 years had roughly a .500 record.

Mccaron has played what, 4 or 5 games in his career? And that’s because dalton was hurt, he didn’t earn it.

Will he be better? Maybe. Maybe not.

But as of now to claim he’s better than TT is ridiculous as he has done absolutely nothing to earn that

Edited by billsfan11