Are We a Playoff Team with A.J. ?

Assuming we don't get one of the big 4 QBs, are we a playoff team with A.J. ? Or are we the 2017 Browns and the #1 seed to get Drew Luck, Jacob Eason, or Jarrett Stidham next year ? 

Is it worth even using a draft pick on Rudolph or Jackson ? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

No we will need a few more key additions outside of any QB we draft or don't IMO to return to the playoffs in 2018.  We continue to tear down and rebuild the foundation

• Like (+1) 1

No one can definitively say the Bills are better or worse. As it stands, they're a playoff team and only the outcome of the games will determine otherwise.

IMO, get 2 or 3 starters from this draft and the team will be better than last year.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

No we will need a few more key additions outside of any QB we draft or don't IMO to return to the playoffs in 2018.  We continue to tear down and rebuild the foundation

Yeah, I agree with this, No.  However, with that caveat that I don't believe AJ dooms us, we just need a lot of help in other areas.

Honestly, guys, even though we are traditionally good against Tannehill are we 9-7 if he is healthy last season?

No, but not necessarily because of AJ.

This is a roster that IMO overachieved a tad last year, then got weaker in the off-season.

We have no LBs outside possibly Milano right now. We have a healing KB and not much else at WR. Any QB we start this season will have limited experience in NFL games. 

Now, we could still sign some post draft cuts, hit well in the draft and find some players that are upgrades, but as of right now there is no way I'd see this roster make a playoff run.

1 minute ago, Tatonka68 said:

AJ has more  playoff touchdowns than TT. 

So does Tim Tebow.

With 25% of our cap wasted on dead money, we don't currently have a lot of talent on this roster.

We do, however, have a lot of draft capital.  A really strong draft could transform this team into a playoff contender.  

In regards to AJ, his NFL sample size is just too small to make any definitive judgment.   But if you're thinking like teef (Super  Bowl), he hasn't shown anything so far to suggest he's a SB QB.  

7 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

AJ > TT. So it is possible but don't count on the Bengals to save out ass this year.

That.   ^   but if  he can avoid 3 or 4 THREE point games we won't need to gamble again with Nate or have Dalton save our bacon. 

1 minute ago, Tatonka68 said:

AJ has more  playoff touchdowns than TT. 

That.   ^ 

16 points that is 13 more than TT could muster.

• Like (+1) 2

I think AJ could be a serviceable starter. If Buffalo is to be a playoff team in 18, I think improving the pass rush is a very big factor in that. The secondary has shown to be opportunistic and that was basically with no rush. If they don't move and and get one of the QBs, I'd be ok with going EDGE and LB at 12 and 22. They could build a monstrous front 7 if they hit on some of these first 6 draft picks. 

• Like (+1) 1

If this were a situation where OBD's plan was to roll with McCarron and use the draft to fill in the roster around him, then yeah, I think they would have a good shot at being a playoff team. 

Basically, hondo's point about draft capital, above. 

With 12, 22, 53, 56, and 65, we could easily add starters at WR, OL, DT, and LB.