Big day on Thursday

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

He's a really intriguing prospect.  He's the most dual threat quarterback since Michael Vick as far as speed, elusiveness, and arm strength.  They both had the same knock that accuracy was a problem, but Mel Kiper's golden boy (Josh Allen) had a lower college career completion percentage than Jackson who he has going at #1.  

I actually hope he doesn't exceed expectations at his pro day making him more likely to fall in the draft.  I still have Rosen, Mayfield, and Darnold in that order and would be thrilled if the Bills traded up for any of them.  However, if we're unable to trade up I would be happy if we were able to get this kid at #22 and keep all our draft picks.  We could use him like the Steelers used Kordell Stewart at WR/red zone QB if he needs time to develop.

7 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

11AM NFL Network Louisville pro day Lamar Jackson you’re  up

It is a big day.  Don’t let the naysayers say otherwise.  His upside is insane.  If it wasn’t a big deal, it wouldn’t be broadcasted.   Jackson has been working as hard (or harder) than all of the QBs.  I’m excited to see what he does.   

• Like (+1) 2

For those who are saying "He's not a pocket passer", you're essentially wrong. Because, in his first two years he did run way too often, but as Cover1 and others did a fabulous breakdown on his game, this last year he was in the pocket far, far more than ever before and that was due to coaching. I won't rip off the article but I linked it in the other thread and it is well worth your time, especially if you're going to spit out tired narratives that are misleading.

Now, as to accuracy, he absolutely does need to improve a bit, but keep in mind his completion percentage for this last year was 59.1%....just .9 shy of the standard 60% for projecting college QBs AND keep in mind, of all the other "major 6" QBs in this Draft, he lead them all in dropped passes.....this is a relevant statistic. He still needs to improve, but not as much as everyone on this broken bandwagon seems to think. 

Do more research, with people who have really done the work to look at many games and done hours of video study. It will help.

• Like (+1) 2

More than any other prospect there seems to be a divide. 

The odd thing to me is, his fans are constantly posting things like the above. Now that poster isn't really wrong and he has put together what amounts to a solid argument for Jackson.

My guess is that it's essentially a futile effort. 

Now, personally, I really like darnold, rosen, and Allen in that order. I can be talked into liking or getting behind mayfield.

There in lies the difference. Most people who dont like Jackson probably can't be talked into liking him the same way someone who dislikes one of the big 4 can be talked into getting behind them.

After Tyrod (of course there are differences) people are probably just fed up w that style to a degree. With out getting into the advantages and disadvantages, it's just that simple.

I'm sure he is a good kid. If the Bill's draft him I'll fall in line... but for those reasons, I think ya like Jackson or you dont. There probably won't be much fence jumping as one might encounter with the other guys.

8 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

THIS MAN IS A FRAUD, TYROD PART TWO.

Yeah Idk man I saw him throw the ball away there instead of taking a tyrod sack for 12 yards that usually just pushed us out of field goal range.

15 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

THIS MAN IS A FRAUD, TYROD PART TWO.

Jackson is a very far cry from Tyrod...the fact that you compare the two to be part 1 and part 2, only shows what  you are ignoring about Jackson's game....not to mention the little thing of Jackson winning the Heisman in his second season. Add to the fact of what he's done to drastically improve his pocket presence, downfield awareness, and that he was operating one of the more complicated college Offenses, shows a bias without objectively looking at the facts. As noted above, there are pieces to work on in his game, but he is not a Tyrod part 2 and he is much more developed than many people give him credit for...he's going to be a great QB. He will need a year to mature his footwork, but once he corrects that aspect of it, he's as good a QB as you'll find. 

3 hours ago, DFT said:

It is a big day.  Don’t let the naysayers say otherwise.  His upside is insane.  If it wasn’t a big deal, it wouldn’t be broadcasted.   Jackson has been working as hard (or harder) than all of the QBs.  I’m excited to see what he does.   

Agree. His negatives are almost the same as Josh Allen, yet Allen has an amazing upside and Jackson should "play WR". Of course one has an agent that has the publicity wheel spinning in his favor and one doesn't. I think they have about the same ceiling and Jackson is a much superior all around athlete.

1 hour ago, gobills1212 said:

More than any other prospect there seems to be a divide. 

The odd thing to me is, his fans are constantly posting things like the above. Now that poster isn't really wrong and he has put together what amounts to a solid argument for Jackson.

My guess is that it's essentially a futile effort. 

Now, personally, I really like darnold, rosen, and Allen in that order. I can be talked into liking or getting behind mayfield.

There in lies the difference. Most people who dont like Jackson probably can't be talked into liking him the same way someone who dislikes one of the big 4 can be talked into getting behind them.

After Tyrod (of course there are differences) people are probably just fed up w that style to a degree. With out getting into the advantages and disadvantages, it's just that simple.

I'm sure he is a good kid. If the Bill's draft him I'll fall in line... but for those reasons, I think ya like Jackson or you dont. There probably won't be much fence jumping as one might encounter with the other guys.

Winning cures all. Had we drafted Watson last year and he flashed the way he did and got us to a playoff game, would the anti Tyrod crowd still hate Watson?