DP Browns want to trade with Giants - Dorsey Confirmed speaking to Gettleman & said Jets didn't offer enough for 1

11 minutes ago, Looper said:

Russell Wilson played in the ACC his 1st 3 years and was sub 60% completion. Transferred to Wisconsin and was 70 +.  If Wilson had come out after his junior year, folks would have said the same thing about him.

I would like to think Allen would have improved his senior year, but no way to really know. I'm sure part of his decision was related to how Wyoming was looking for next year.

If Allen played at Oklahoma, with their talent and coaching, I would have to believe the stats would say something VERY different than at Wyoming.  If completion % is really hanging people up, circumstances come into play.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Why do you think that?

It just looks like the options are drying up in regards to landing a higher pick. As many as 3 of the 4 may be gone by the 5th pick. I'm just less optimistic after the Colts/ Jets move . 

2 minutes ago, Looper said:

Russell Wilson played in the ACC his 1st 3 years and was sub 60% completion. Transferred to Wisconsin and was 70 +.  If Wilson had come out after his junior year, folks would have said the same thing about him.

I would like to think Allen would have improved his senior year, but no way to really know. I'm sure part of his decision was related to how Wyoming was looking for next year.

Good catch on the Wilson stats but I also saw that he threw 109 TD's.  Great production and very good TD/INT ration.

I don't see that from Allen in his two years.  

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

It just looks like the options are drying up in regards to landing a higher pick. As many as 3 of the 4 may be gone by the 5th pick. I'm just less optimistic after the Colts/ Jets move . 

I'm less optimistic too but definitely not shutting the door on the idea we still can move up.

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

If Allen played at Oklahoma, with their talent and coaching, I would have to believe the stats would say something VERY different than at Wyoming.  If completion % is really hanging people up, circumstances come into play.

I mean, fair enough..but while Allen was surrounded by inferior skill position players, he was also playing AGAINST inferior skill position players.

If a guy comes out of a lesser conference, I want to see that he DOMINATED that conference. Wentz dominated in college. Allen, on the other hand, threw only 16 TDs this season. Not encouraging, given that he was going against all those vaunted Mountain West defenses ever week!

True. Completion percentage can be influenced by many factors. Teams break down every throw and if they feel Allen can be a high percentage passer with the shorter passes required in many offenses he'll be picked high. 

3 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Right on ... circumstances like length of passes thrown , quality of receivers, ability of receivers to get open, offensive scheme,  wind/weather, etc

Yards after catch can make a QB look really good at times.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Rosen is the only one I would give a kings ransom for. This would be great

The only thing is I have this feeling the Bills don't feel the same way.

Additionally, I have an even worse feeling that the Browns are just not going to let go of that #4.

Allen (if that is their guy), Barkley, Landry...I just don't see them passing it up.

The Broncos will take Rosen at 5.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

12 minutes ago, Logic said:

I mean, fair enough..but while Allen was surrounded by inferior skill position players, he was also playing AGAINST inferior skill position players.

If a guy comes out of a lesser conference, I want to see that he DOMINATED that conference. Wentz dominated in college. Allen, on the other hand, threw only 16 TDs this season. Not encouraging, given that he was going against all those vaunted Mountain West defenses ever week!

And Wentz was playing on a multiple time national champion.

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

Allen missed 3 games though so the 16 TDs probably would be higher. 

11 minutes ago, Looper said:

Yards after catch can make a QB look really good at times.

Ain't that the truth.  I'm a Buckeye fan who hates JT Barrett.  I've had to see "stats" supporters claim he's good because he would shovel the ball to Jalin Marshall who would take it 60 yards to the house.  All you see by looking at the numbers is "60 yard TD pass".

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, NickelCity said:

*IF* we traded up with the Giants and the Browns took Allen, I think the Bills take Darnold.

I think so too, but if the Gmen are interested in Darnold, they will wait to see who the Browns take and then select Darnold.

Edited by Dr. Who

2 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

The only thing is I have this feeling the Bills don't feel the same way.

Additionally, I have an even worse feeling that the Browns are just not going to let go of that #4.

Allen (if that is their guy), Barkley, Landry...I just don't see them passing it up.

The Broncos will take Rosen at 5.

I have your feelings as well. I am hoping a first next year will entice the Browns enough. Another year of two first round picks. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, dezertbill said:

To me this means the Browns have a potential deal in place w/ Buffalo and the Bills covet Darnold.  

Why else would the Browns try to bait Gmen to move up one spot for a QB they don’t  want.

My sense is Browns know if Bills take Darnold, GIants will take Barkley or Chubb.  That leaves 2 of 3 (either Allen, ROsen, Mayfield), at 4. Browns must know Jets would rather have Rosen or Mayfield and they will still get Allen.

So their message to gettlemen is you either trade up to get your QB or lose him to Buffalo. 

I know there is a lot of what if. But I truly believe teams at the top have a sense of who wants what player by now. That’s why the are able to jockey so freely. 

That's the only thing that makes sense to me too.

Because, why would the Giants believe Cleveland, if Cleveland says "we really want Darnold", so if you want him, you have to trade for the #1 pick"?  That is just stupid.  So, if Cleveland really wants Darnold, they are OK with trading the pick to the Giants, so the Giants can have him?  Why would the Giants believe that they would let the Giants take the guy they covet, when Cleveland could just stay at 1 and take him?

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

Ain't that the truth.  I'm a Buckeye fan who hates JT Barrett.  I've had to see "stats" supporters claim he's good because he would shovel the ball to Jalin Marshall who would take it 60 yards to the house.  All you see by looking at the numbers is "60 yard TD pass".

And obviously the shorter the passes, generally the higher the completion %s.

11 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

*IF* we traded up with the Giants and the Browns took Allen, I think the Bills take Darnold.

The whole point is the Giants want Darnold, so won't be trading him to us.  Bottom line, Darnold isn't going to be a Bill.  I think it's highly unlikely Allen is a Bill.  

The whole point is the Giants want Darnold, so won't be trading him to us.  Bottom line, Darnold isn't going to be a Bill.  I think it's highly unlikely Allen is a Bill.  

I agree. If there isn't a trade until draft day, I don't see Darnold becoming a Bill. It could also be the Giants juicing us. Who the knows. Smokescreen season. Hope we end up with one of the big 3 or it's going to be a sad draft with the five stages of grief on display ad nauseam. 

7 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

And Wentz was playing on a multiple time national champion.

But was he just "playing on" a multiple time national champion, or was he largely responsible FOR the multiple national championships they won during his tenure?