DP Browns want to trade with Giants - Dorsey Confirmed speaking to Gettleman & said Jets didn't offer enough for 1

Josh NorrisVerified account @JoshNorris 3m3 minutes ago
This morning on the @dpshow, Dan Patrick cites a scouting source saying the Browns are using their "love" of Sam Darnold as bait, hoping the Giants trade up to No. 1... adding the Browns prefer Josh Allen.

image.thumb.png.6eb9c493cb8791e89b3da498104200dd.png

Tom WithersVerified account @twithersAP 30m30 minutes ago
#Browns GM John Dorsey acknowledged meeting with #Giants GM Dave Gettleman this morning in Orlando. Dorsey also confirmed #Jets inquired about No. 1 pick, but "it wasn’t what we were looking for.”

image.png

Edited by Reed83HOF

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I have thought the Browns had Allen first for awhile now. 

Damn Jets really did screw us...#3 would be very attractive right now.

NYG- Darnold

CLE- Allen

NYJ - Baker

BUF (trade for #4)- Rosen

• Like (+1) 3

Would be interesting.  The Browns dangle the Darnold "fruit" LOL (doesn't sound right), so that the Giants trade to 1 for him.  Then the Browns take Allen at 2 and Barkely at 4. Ideally,   the Browns maybe trying to land a QB and Barkley.   This is all hypothetical of course but let's say they know the Giants like Darnold and Barkley.  So if they take Darnold at 1 then the Giants take Barkley at 2.  But they want to walk away with a generational talent at HB and a future signal caller and are willing to swap picks with the Giants to do it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I have thought the Browns had Allen first for awhile now. 

Darnold second but they still like him. Allen better fits what they are doing and the new FO

100% agree with you.  Allen is a lot closer to the type of passer Dorsey and Jackson have historically coveted.  I think he is the wrong guy, but I do think he is 1st on the Browns board. 

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

NYG- Darnold

CLE- Allen

NYJ - Baker

I don't think the Browns would trade 4.  I think they want a signal caller and Barkley.  This would be the perfect setup for them to get that done.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

NYG- Darnold

CLE- Allen

NYJ - Baker

Actually, if the draft works out like that the Jets did us a favor. Because #12 and #22 may actually get us to #4 and save some of the draft capital it would have took to get to #3. 

1 minute ago, billspro said:

Well if they want Allen just trade the number 1 to us and take him at 4. 

While this is all speculation, let's think about this.  IF I am Dorsey, why would I trade the pick to the Bills when I'm going to get my future signal caller AND the best player in the draft at 4 in Barkley?  I wouldn't make the trade.  I'd make my football team something to be reckoned with.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, NewEraBills said:

While this is all speculation, let's think about this.  IF I am Dorsey, why would I trade the pick to the Bills when I'm going to get my future signal caller AND the best player in the draft at 4 in Barkley?  I wouldn't make the trade.  I'd make my football team something to be reckoned with.

As good as Barkley is, there is no reason to believe Guice or Michel or Chubb or any other of these backs couldn't be as good if not better.

• Like (+1) 1

This is surprising to me.  I thought it would be the other way around and the Browns trying to trade up from #4 to #2. 

Being the Browns, watch them trade back one spot and get Ryan Leaf to the Giants Peyton Manning. 

The Browns just need to take their guy

2 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

Because they would have a shot at MLB at 12, it's a deep RB draft can take one at 22, or in rd 2, etc...it could be a very madden-esque first round for them...lots of team talent once they have a QB ...

Just now, Virgil said:

This is surprising to me.  I thought it would be the other way around and the Browns trying to trade up from #4 to #2. 

Being the Browns, watch them trade back one spot and get Ryan Leaf to the Giants Peyton Manning. 

The Browns just need to take their guy

Agreed, but if their guy is Allen, and they know NYG want Darnold, then they should take the extra picks if they can get them

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

Because they would have a shot at MLB at 12, it's a deep RB draft can take one at 22, or in rd 2, etc...it could be a very madden-esque first round for them...lots of team talent once they have a QB ...

ILB is the deepest position in the draft aside from DT

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

I don't think the Browns would trade 4.  I think they want a signal caller and Barkley.  This would be the perfect setup for them to get that done.

I don’t know how the Broncos feel about Rosen thoroughly but I would suspect they would take him at five don’t matter what we offered... say hello Rudolph smh...

3 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

We would probably have to give up 4 1st round picks to move up to number 1. If I'm the GM I take the assets, no RB is that valuable. 

11 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

NYG- Darnold

CLE- Allen

NYJ - Baker

I still don’t think Cleveland is trading out of 4. Especially if Barkley is there.

If the Giants draft a QB, I think the Bills are completely screwed in terms of getting one of the top 4 QBs, because there is no way I see Denver passing on Rosen

• Like (+1) 1