Hughes will go next

GreggTX

25 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I don't see Hughes or Lawson part of McD's future defense. 

I don’t see Tre White as part of his future defense either, if you go far enough out. How far in the future can you see?

• Thank you (+1) 1

For some reason I keep thinking we’re going to be hearing about Shady being traded to the Giants as part of the deal to move up. If they want Barkley a nice conciliation prize might be Shady (in addition to a boatload of picks.)

6 hours ago, TPS said:

The point of getting Murphy was to take the focus off Hughes, who was the the only one who commanded attention in the pass rush. Murphy rushing from the left will free up Hughes, and we'll see that in his stats this year. 

Facts!

Hughes numbers didn't match his play imo. Murphy and Star commanding a double team will result in much better numbers

7 hours ago, blacklabel said:

No. For the billionth time, Hughes (and Lawson, for that matter) are 100% part of this team for 2018. DL is a huge point of emphasis for this team. They wouldn't go and deal out a nice contract for Lotulelei, who's primary role will be occupying multiple OL to free up the ends and LBs. They intend on making the DL one of the strongest units on the team. Trading away their best pass rusher makes zero sense when that's their plan. Having Murphy to rotate in there should be a good asset and more than likely a step up from Ryan Davis. 

Hughes' contract isn't really a cap killer like Dareus' or Glenn's. If they wanted to clear more space they would've dealt Hughes long ago. 

This. But I'm afraid to tell you you're going to have to say it a billion and one times cuz it'll come up again.

Is Hughes' spot on the team really that safe though?

He could fairly be labeled a head-case with all the 15yd. penalties he's incurred during games in his time as a Bill.

I could see them moving away from Hughes because of his detrimental on-field behavior. 

8 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

I don’t think Hughes will be a part of any trade.  Given his age and contract he couldn’t get much value.  They are better keeping him on the team.  If your looking for a DE to trade, watch Shaq Lawson

I agree!  Poor Hughes got held 50% of the plays he rushed the passer.  It was an embarrassment to the NFL.  Next year the Bills will get more respect and so will Hughes.  I think Shaq is a bust - big time.  IF they can any kind of pick for him - - do it!

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Not sure if I should say LOL or OMG.  For Pete's sake dude give it up.  The Giants are not trading and they are picking a QB.

And you are wrong so I could say that to you too. You have no idea so don't try and act like you do. There's already multiple reports saying they aren't taking a QB so lol to you for not knowing that

3 hours ago, kdiggz said:

And you are wrong so I could say that to you too. You have no idea so don't try and act like you do. There's already multiple reports saying they aren't taking a QB so lol to you for not knowing that

But according to the entire world heaven and Earth must be moved to get a top three QB to ensure success for the next thousand years.  Does that not apply to the Giants?