Manziel Throws at University of San Diego's Pro Day - Also Threw at Texas A&M Pro Day

27 minutes ago, alluro said:

It would be foolish to think media attention and hype doesn't lead to more ticket sales. Even if you don't think it will impro UIve the team on the field, the Bills will want those extra ratings and sales.

I think Manziel is a better talent than AJ and Peterman and there is little if any downside to bringing him into camp and letting him have a shot.

:doh:

I'd love to hear your detailed breakdown why you think Johnny Flameout is more talented. A guy who couldn't even win the Browns job.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I rooting for Manziel. So So many people have problems in the world.. Why wish ill on them? It has no effect on our lives. I think everybody would be find it an amazing sports story. Heck on the 1% chance he turns out awesome at some point. Or at least has a respectable comeback.

That would be an amazing 30-for-30

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, alluro said:

It would be foolish to think media attention and hype doesn't lead to more ticket sales. Even if you don't think it will improve the team on the field, the Bills will want those extra ratings and sales.

Yes, media attention and hype lead to ticket sales. Heck, the Bills signed Terrell Owens just for that purpose. Why? Because the team was bad, and the organization needed something to generate fan interest in the team. Only the foolish (and there were a lot) expected Owens to be the spark that would propel the Bills onto better things.

Once again, the foolish paid attention to the hype, the splash, and the image, and were disappointed in the end.

But there is a difference in the kind of media attention. Bama gets all kinds of media attention. How good the coach is, how good the program is, etc ... That's the good kind.

Manziel got a ****load of media attention while on the Browns. Almost none of it good, and I doubt the Browns were slapping themselves on the back for it.

Owens was signed to be a starter. Manziel is a scrub, and is hoping somebody will sign him along with his baggage.

You want hype and media attention? Hope the Bills draft one of the top QBs. It will not matter which one.

You will have more hype and media attention than you can stand, regardless if the player is actually good or not.

1 hour ago, alluro said:

I think Manziel is a better talent than AJ and Peterman and there is little if any downside to bringing him into camp and letting him have a shot.

And I would vehemently disagree Manziel is a better QB than McCarron. McCarron is going to get an opportunity to compete for a starting position, even if it only ends being temporary. McCarron has proven to be a fierce competitor, a student of the game, and a leader.

Manziel is none of that. That's why he's going to play in the Spring League, hoping somebody will believe he got his crap together, turned his life around, and is deserving of another shot in the NFL. I hope he has turned his life around. I truly do.

On the football side, IMO, he's not a leader, nor does he have the will power or commitment to become a better player. He's camp fodder at best.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Cynical said:

Yes, media attention and hype lead to ticket sales. Heck, the Bills signed Terrell Owens just for that purpose. Why? Because the team was bad, and the organization needed something to generate fan interest in the team. Only the foolish (and there were a lot) expected Owens to be the spark that would propel the Bills onto better things.

Once again, the foolish paid attention to the hype, the splash, and the image, and were disappointed in the end.

But there is a difference in the kind of media attention. Bama gets all kinds of media attention. How good the coach is, how good the program is, etc ... That's the good kind.

Manziel got a ****load of media attention while on the Browns. Almost none of it good, and I doubt the Browns were slapping themselves on the back for it.

Owens was signed to be a starter. Manziel is a scrub, and is hoping somebody will sign him along with his baggage.

You want hype and media attention? Hope the Bills draft one of the top QBs. It will not matter which one.

You will have more hype and media attention than you can stand, regardless if the player is actually good or not.

And I would vehemently disagree Manziel is a better QB than McCarron. McCarron is going to get an opportunity to compete for a starting position, even if it only ends being temporary. McCarron has proven to be a fierce competitor, a student of the game, and a leader.

Manziel is none of that. That's why he's going to play in the Spring League, hoping somebody will believe he got his crap together, turned his life around, and is deserving of another shot in the NFL. I hope he has turned his life around. I truly do.

On the football side, IMO, he's not a leader, nor does he have the will power or commitment to become a better player. He's camp fodder at best.

Agreed.

27 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2766383-johnny-manziel-tired-of-colin-kaepernick-comparisons-hes-changing-lives

The truth is a hard pill to swallow, right Bills fans?

I am no fan of Manziel, but good on him for not being afraid to speak the truth.  I may have misjudged him.

He may not be afraid to give his opinion. His take on Kaep is just that, not the " truth". There may be facts in it ( money donation) but it's far from fact. 

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Manziel Throws at University of San Diego's Pro Day - Will Also Throw at Texas A&M Pro Day
20 hours ago, stuvian said:

OBD should sign him, especially if we whiff at QB in the draft

Yep. He's said he'd take a no guaranteed $ deal. Little to no risk. The Bills situation is dire, they can't afford to pass up any decent option. Probably wouldn't pan out, but they need a QB. 

On 3/25/2018 at 3:28 PM, Chicken Boo said:

No.  It's the truth.

Agreed. Kap did what he felt was right. Is standing up for an issue that without question exists. Put his career on the line to be an advocate for positive change.

Johnny Manziel really didn't need to speak out on this but it was a classy move.

Id certainly prefer Kap in Buffalo than Manziel.

However, my hope that a HC and GM are willing to sign Kap diminishes each day he goes unsigned. I understand why he isn't signed, IMO it has nothing to do with his ability to play football. Is this fair, no. But we're likely in for another season without him in the league.

1 hour ago, ALF said:

He sounds like he is on the right track now , good for him. 

Good for Josh Gordon also.

Josh Gordon... Ahhhh. Love this player on the field. Too bad Tyrod is his QB this year. I love Tyrod but he has his limitations as a passer and that's going to limit Gordon's impact.

Watching Josh Gordon at 100% is incredible. Kid was built to be the best WR on the planet. Hope we see that again someday.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Eric Moulds on my A** said:

Agreed. Kap did what he felt was right. Is standing up for an issue that without question exists. Put his career on the line to be an advocate for positive change.

Johnny Manziel really didn't need to speak out on this but it was a classy move.

Id certainly prefer Kap in Buffalo than Manziel.

However, my hope that a HC and GM are willing to sign Kap diminishes each day he goes unsigned. I understand why he isn't signed, IMO it has nothing to do with his ability to play football. Is this fair, no. But we're likely in for another season without him in the league.

It isn't only about his ability to play football, this is true.  But if you think his ability to play has nothing to do with it, I would disagree.  He was 11-24 his last three years in the league.  At 11-24 you have to wonder if a guy is even backup material.   When you're looking for a backup you want a guy who can win half of the games he starts, not 30%.

If Colin Kaepernick was a superstar who could routinely get your team to the playoffs he would be in the league.  Instead he is someone who would be competing for a backup position and garnering a ton of unwanted attention.  Bottom line is fringe roster players dont get to be distractions, he isn't a special case and it isnt collusion.