Giants Trade DE Jason Pierre-Paul to Bucs for a 3rd and swap of 4th's

11 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

i know a lot of people are now saying Chubb is their target but how about Marcus Davenport who should be available at 12?  stand up DE who would fit a 3-4

I don't see Chubb for them with a transition to 3-4.  The signed Kareem Martin as a likely JPP replacement in FA.   Davenport as an OLB and Evans in the middle next to Ogletree could be VERY nice pieces for a 3-4 transition. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

Thanks for the attempt at optimism. I have been very pessimistic since the Jets trade up and remain so. #12 is  huge problem to overcome with a limited number of Elite prospects at the top.

scenarios I don't like:

1. Darnold goes first, Rosen second, Mayfield third we are !@#$ed with the guys who could play soon.

2. Darnold, Barkley goes 2, Rosen goes 3, Chubb to Browns, Mayfield to Broncos

3.Darnold, Chubb, Rosen, Barkley, Mayfield

I think we are big trouble unless you want Allen perhaps. I don't this high.

The league has Allen well above Baker.  The fans have Baker well above Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

The league has Allen well above Baker.  The fans have Baker well above Allen.

I want to believe and have been one of the biggest supporters of trading up to 2. I'm just very worried we are going to get shut out this year and still not may a real successful attempt at getting a top guy who can play soon. Allen is a talent, but a huge project imo and I don't doubt that most teams realize this as well. Sorry for the pessimism but I'm not comfortable at all like I was 7-10 days ago.

Edited by horned dogs

10 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

I want to believe and have been one of the biggest supporters of trading up to 2. I just am very worried we are going to get shut out this year and still not may a real successful attempt at getting a top guy who can play soon. Allen is a talent, but a huge project imo and I don't doubt that most teams realize this as well. Sorry for the pessimism but I'm not comfortable at all like I was 7-10 days ago.

If (and I still believe when) we trade up, I think it's for Rosen, aka a guy who can play right away.  With the money McCarron was given and when we signed him, that's not a "We want you to be the starter going into the season" move, that's McCarron saying there's no where else where he realistically may have a chance to start and earn a different contract.  I'm inclined to believe the Jets would be OK taking Allen, for sure starting McCown and having Bridgewater there as a backup too.

But when it comes to Baker, my take is basically Baker is closer to Jackson in the eyes of the league than he is to Allen.  I think there's a clear "Big 3" when it comes to the QBs this year, which is why the Jets were comfortable with their move.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

If (and I still believe when) we trade up, I think it's for Rosen, aka a guy who can play right away.  With the money McCarron was given and when we signed him, that's not a "We want you to be the starter going into the season" move, that's McCarron saying there's no where else where he realistically may have a chance to start and earn a different contract.  I'm inclined to believe the Jets would be OK taking Allen, for sure starting McCown and having Bridgewater there as a backup too.

But when it comes to Baker, my take is basically Baker is closer to Jackson in the eyes of the league than he is to Allen.  I think there's a clear "Big 3" when it comes to the QBs this year, which is why the Jets were comfortable with their move.

if the McBeane's are smart, and we think they are, they are looking at the QB depth chart and saying we need a QB that can come in day 1 and be ready to go.  of these guys, that would be Josh Rosen.  they need to get to 2 to get him.  it's the right thing to do given our situation

10 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I just hear the end of a conversation on the radio about the Jets and Giants possibly flipping picks. Damn it.

Now THAT would be disappointing.  Get the Browns on the phone for #4 if it happens.

Though more than a little part of me thinks it would be very funny if the Jets convince the Colts to move down to 6 because they are going QB, then convinces the Giants to do a swap because they are taking QB, then the card comes in:  "With the second pick in the NFL draft, the NY Jets select Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn St"  and the Giants are calling us instead of the other way around.

7 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I agree with what you say. We would like to move to 2 and get Rosen. If that is not possible where and who are we taking...assuming Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Barkley go 1-2-3-4 in some order. I still believe Denver would take Baker at 5 , but even if they take Nelson or Chubb we are left with trading up to 7 TB for Baker as the only alternative. And, you may be right he is viewed below the other guys and closer to Jackson.

what scenario are you seeing other than number 2 that I'm not?

Edited by horned dogs

3 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I just hear the end of a conversation on the radio about the Jets and Giants possibly flipping picks. Damn it.

I don't see this happening unless the Jest blow their socks off with a huge over payment. No way the G-men want to allow the Jest to get their choice (2nd at worst) of QBs. The franchises have never made a deal in their histories. This is Mets-Yankees, NFL style. I just don't believe it...but who knows? This is one weird off-season.

10 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

if the McBeane's are smart, and we think they are, they are looking at the QB depth chart and saying we need a QB that can come in day 1 and be ready to go.  of these guys, that would be Josh Rosen.  they need to get to 2 to get him.  it's the right thing to do given our situation

I keep hearing more and more plugged in guys saying there's a "Big 2" with the QB class this year, with Allen very intriguing as the #3 option, but clearly behind the other 2.

I don't think McCarron was is a "bridge", I think that was just right place, right time, right price for us.  I firmly believe the plan is drafting a guy who is going to be the day 1 starter.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

I keep hearing more and more plugged in guys saying there's a "Big 2" with the QB class this year, with Allen very intriguing as the #3 option, but clearly behind the other 2.

I don't think McCarron was is a "bridge", I think that was just right place, right time, right price for us.  I firmly believe the plan is drafting a guy who is going to be the day 1 starter.

I hear/feel the same.

Darnold and Rosen are the clear Top guys.

Allen is like Rothlisberger in 04. Small school, some questions, but most likely a top tier.

Mayfield is the top of the 2nd tier with Jackson and Rudolph not far behind.

The rest are 3rd tier or worse.

We cant let 2004 happen again. Need to get into that top 2.