Giants Trade DE Jason Pierre-Paul to Bucs for a 3rd and swap of 4th's

Another blockbuster trade: Giants trading DE Jason Pierre-Paul and a 2018 fourth-round pick to Buccaneers for a 2018 third-round pick and a fourth-round pick, source tells ESPN.

this might impact our chances of trading up if they already have an extra 3rd round pick.  they might want Chubb as a replacement so they will need to stay in the top 5 to ensure that.  but my hope is they are conceding that they will not be selecting a QB so the smart move is to trade down

Edited by kdiggz

1. The #Bucs are trading for #Giants pass-rusher Jason Pierre-Paul, source confirms (as @AdamSchefter said).

Now that the Giants have traded Jason Pierre-Paul to the Buccaneers, maybe they consider Bradley Chubb at No. 2.

2 minutes ago, Finkle Is Einhorn said:

Yolo what was the cap hit for JPP and how did kdigzz break this news before you

and high level meetings!

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Dang, I dont like them acquiring picks. That means they need ours less.

They only got one 3rd. They swapped 4ths.

OK Yolo hear me out.  Putting Salary cap numbers aside, could the Giants making this move be indicative of a trade offer the bills have on the table which would include Jerry Hughes.  Jerry Hughes Is around 10 million against cap correct? So the cap Numbers would be a wash.  They are both 29 years old so age isnt factor.  But of the Giants knew they could net two decent draft picks for JPP, with the knowledge that they would just be replacing him with Jerry Hughes it could make sense  as part of a trade up package

Edited by Finkle Is Einhorn
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Finkle Is Einhorn said:

OK Yolo hear me out.  Putting Salary cap numbers aside, could the Giants making this move be indicative of a trade offer the bills have on the table which would include Jerry Hughes.  Jerry Hughes Is around 10 million against cap correct? So the cap Numbers would be a wash.  They are both 29 years old so age isnt factor.  But of the Giants knew they could net two decent draft picks for JPP, with the knowledge that they would just be replacing him with Jerry Hughes it could make sense

Nah I think Hughes is a better fit in a 4-3 but who knows