Giants Trade DE Jason Pierre-Paul to Bucs for a 3rd and swap of 4th's

35 minutes ago, Meazy26 said:

If the Giants turndown a significant package to draft Chubb, they’d be dumb. Can’t see that happening. Chubb talk is overblown.

I'm feeling the same way. #2 will be either QB or Barkley. Giants could stay at two and take either. But staying at #2 and drafting Chubb doesn't make sense considering the haul of picks they could get for #2. Chubb may be a great player but would he be better than #12, #22 and a 2019 1st round pick? 

Also, I could see the Giants trading with Denver to #5. That still puts them ahead of the Colts. In that situation they potentially land a 20191st round pick (steep price for Denver to pay but if the bidding gets hot it could happen) and still land Chubb at #5. 

1 minute ago, Bray Wyatt said:

if things stay the same i think the top 5 goes,

1.Darnold

2. Chubb

3. Mayfield

4. Barkley/Fitzpatrick? not qb tho

5. Allen - I think Denver will take a kid that is close to home and can sit behind Keenum, plus lots of upside

6. Colts, i think we may trade up here, they said they were willing to trade down again

I think...

1. Darnold

2. Chubb

3. Rosen

4. Barkley

5. Mayfield

we would be left with Allen which wouldn't be too bad.  if you watch the combine film and the 2nd half of the senior bowl you will like what you see

Just now, kdiggz said:

I think...

1. Darnold

2. Chubb

3. Rosen

4. Barkley

5. Mayfield

we would be left with Allen which wouldn't be too bad.  if you watch the combine film and the 2nd half of the senior bowl you will like what you see

I could see that too, I am not sure who the Jets really want at this point and I think Denver is fine with either Mayfield or Allen so I dont see them moving.

The Jets is what really could mess with who we get.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Lurker said:

IIRC, Big Ben was a much more accomplished prospect than Allen, with twice the passing yards and nearly double the TDs...

Allen:

Passing
Year School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
Career Wyoming         365 649 56.2 5066 7.8 7.7 44 21 137.7
2015 Wyoming MWC SO QB 2 4 6 66.7 51 8.5 8.5 0 0 138.1
*2016 Wyoming MWC SO QB 14 209 373 56.0 3203 8.6 8.3 28 15 144.9
*2017 Wyoming MWC JR QB 11 152 270 56.3 1812 6.7 6.9 16 6 127.8

Good God those numbers look bad for Allen. Dude will either be the biggest bust ever drafted on potential alone or the biggest steal ever.

4 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

I think...

1. Darnold

2. Chubb

3. Rosen

4. Barkley

5. Mayfield

QBs will go 1 and 2. Probably 1,2,3 actually. Just looks unlikely it will be the Bills jumping up to #2. 

I think this trade has much less to do with their interest in Chubb and more about a bad contract/scheme fit in JPP. Not sure this affects us much, with the positive being perhaps we have a DE they have interest in, and the negative being perhaps they are less interested in our picks now and this could signal that they are not in complete win-now mode.

4 minutes ago, nbbillsfan said:

I think this trade has much less to do with their interest in Chubb and more about a bad contract/scheme fit in JPP. Not sure this affects us much, with the positive being perhaps we have a DE they have interest in, and the negative being perhaps they are less interested in our picks now and this could signal that they are not in complete win-now mode.

QFT

They signed Kareem Martin who is a scheme fit. I think this is much more “we got value we didn’t think we would get for JPP” vs “we are trading him to take Chubb”.