Giants Trade DE Jason Pierre-Paul to Bucs for a 3rd and swap of 4th's

21 minutes ago, zevo said:

Where you reading or hearing this...i cant imagine jets spending more picks

They can trade next year's first. If they truly believe in the qb, you make that trade all day every day. 

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

It feels like it's NJ vs the NY Bills. I would file a conflict of interest lawsuit if the Giants trade with the Jets instantaneous.

The Jets STILL have better ammo than the Bills, unfortunately. 

5 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

I don't see this happening unless the Jest blow their socks off with a huge over payment. No way the G-men want to allow the Jest to get their choice (2nd at worst) of QBs. The franchises have never made a deal in their histories. This is Mets-Yankees, NFL style. I just don't believe it...but who knows? This is one weird off-season.

i don't think that would stop them from doing what is best for their team.  but that would surely be a slap in the face to Beane who worked side by side with Gettleman for all of those years.  at the end of the day you have to do what's best for your team but I think they will give us every opportunity possible to try and trade up before the Jets can again

5 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

It feels like it's NJ vs the NY Bills. I would file a conflict of interest lawsuit if the Giants trade with the Jets instantaneous.

I think they may have outmaneuvered us already.

I remain unconvinced that you can the big 2 anywhere but at 1 and 2. I also am not so sure that the Giants feell a need to trade down especially to number 12. And, Cleveland doesn't need to trade down from 4 either, they have plenty of picks and have to sign them.

Sorry for the pessimism, but the only hope to get Darnold or Rosen is getting Gettleman to move the number 2 to us. And, I'm not sure he wants to.imo

Edited by horned dogs

Errggg. I bet the Giants draft Chubb at 2 now.

Can Rosen actually drop pass 6?

1. Darnold

2. Chubb

3. Mayfield or Allen .

4. Barkley

5. Hopefully non QB for Broncos, (this pick may be the key)

6. Colts won't draft a QB but might trade down again

Just now, billsfan11 said:

Errggg. I bet the Giants draft Chubb at 2 now.

Can Rosen actually drop pass 6?

1. Darnold

2. Chubb

3. Mayfield or Allen .

4. Barkley

5. Hopefully non QB for Broncos, (this pick may be the key)

6. Colts won't draft a QB but might trade down again

Denver is definitely taking a QB.  Jets would take Rosen in that situation imo.  We would have to trade up to get Mayfield or Allen (whoever is left) so either way we aren't staying at 12

7 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

i don't think that would stop them from doing what is best for their team.  but that would surely be a slap in the face to Beane who worked side by side with Gettleman for all of those years.  at the end of the day you have to do what's best for your team but I think they will give us every opportunity possible to try and trade up before the Jets can again

Maybe, but the fact remains that they've never executed a trade. History is on the side of the Bills here. Unless the Giants just don't want to move out of the top 3, they could get much more from the Broncos or the Bills then they would swapping one spot with the Jest. If they swap to 3 and then come to the Bills, I tell them that the offer is greatly reduced because I'm not taking sloppy seconds behind my division rival.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Tatonka68 said:

Thats wwwwwaaaaayyy to much.

You think McBeane feels that way? They could also have some lower picks coming back from the Giants. They feel tremendous pressure to get up to 2 and get one of the big 2 LA QBs. The biggest question is are the Giants willing to trade. I'm not convinced they or the Browns are willing to move down to 12.

5 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Giants could be clearing cap space to make room for another trade.

• Jerry Hughes
  • 12th & 22nd pick
  • late 3rd round pick

For there 2nd overall pick in this years draft.

I would make a trip to Buffalo from Brooklyn to pick Jerry up for that deal... 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, kdiggz said:

Denver is definitely taking a QB.  Jets would take Rosen in that situation imo.  We would have to trade up to get Mayfield or Allen (whoever is left) so either way we aren't staying at 12

I am not so sure the Jets would take Rosen. I think the odds are pretty equal at Rosen, Mayfield, or Allen

Ya I was more implying maybe trade up to 6-7 if possible.

I as well think Denver is picking a QB, I was just trying to think optimistic lol

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Meazy26 said:

I would make a trip to Buffalo from Brooklyn to pick Jerry up for that deal... 

yea but then you would have to sit in the car with him for 6 hrs while he talks about himself.  "it's all about you Jerry!" :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I hear/feel the same.

Darnold and Rosen are the clear Top guys.

Allen is like Rothlisberger in 04. Small school, some questions, but most likely a top tier.

Mayfield is the top of the 2nd tier with Jackson and Rudolph not far behind.

The rest are 3rd tier or worse.

We cant let 2004 happen again. Need to get into that top 2.

Preach on!

Shaq Lawson was drafted to be a 3-4 Olb or 5 tech.   Not saying this is happening, but keep it in mind.  I don’t think it’s for Chubb.  Not Gett’s style.

also signed for a few years, affordabily.  Hmmm...

Edited by DFT
  • Like (+1) 2