Zay Jones Arrested

sven233

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is a very good point and we will see how Beane and McDermott maybe even the Pegula's go forward with this once all the

facts are uncovered.  Zay is just starting year 2 of a 4 year Bill's investment.

I guess one could ask, "Will the Bill's stand by him or will they think that it's best to dump him?".

4 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

1) bad reaction to drug use alone. In this case, I think the Bills should handle it as they see fit, maybe give the guy one more zero tolerance chance, and help him if it's a rehab situation, he's young and mistakes happen, but give him a very short leash.

2) mental health break. Could be a nervous breakdown, or it could be an underlying mental illness. That wasn't a typical set of behavior. The Bills should help him through it and hopefully he can stabilize himself.

3) combination of both, a recreational drug caused this episode, and in that case, I still think the bills should help.

I have a friend whose son is bi-polar. He has had it under control for the most part with medication for a couple of years.  Several months ago he was at a party and supposedly took some "bad drugs" which triggered a pretty bad psychotic episode which required him being committed for a period of time, etc... It apparently affected the chemical balance in his brain and although he is getting better now, it has taken some time.  So option #3 is very possible from what I have seen. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't know Zay. But by all accounts, he's been a choir boy. I may be giving him too much credit - but I wonder if he had a bad reaction to painkillers from his surgery. Maybe he had a couple drinks with his brother while on the medication without thinking about it. 

I hope he is well. He's a much better player than we saw the first half or so of last season. 

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yep they want to see if they can add a recent second round pick to the back end of their WR corps for nothing(or a late pick)............and if not they get to snicker at the High-Horsed McBeane regime's perceived hypocrisy.    Popcorn break for personnel types to breakup the monotony of draft boarding with a little schadenfreude.:beer:

9 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I have a friend whose son is bi-polar. He has had it under control for the most part with medication for a couple of years.  Several months ago he was at a party and supposedly took some "bad drugs" which triggered a pretty bad psychotic episode which required him being committed for a period of time, etc... It apparently affected the chemical balance in his brain and although he is getting better now, it has taken some time.  So option #3 is very possible from what I have seen. 

(I liked the post because I agree, not because I'm glad that happened, always sad to hear about that)

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Bills are at USC pro day. I wonder if they had a face to face meeting with Zay at any point today after his release? He was at USC medical center.

I’m sure Beane took a trip to the hospital. Considering they’re also there to workout Rosen/Darnold, they had to take Zay along with them. I’m sure they’ll support him through this. Anyone who thinks he’s getting cut, that his career is over, or that he sucks is just overreacting. This will be a powerful learning experience for him, one that will make him better than ever as a man. 

1 minute ago, Meazy26 said:

I’m sure Beane took a trip to the hospital. Considering they’re also there to workout Rosen/Darnold, they had to take Zay along with them. I’m sure they’ll support him through this. Anyone who thinks he’s getting cut, that his career is over, or that he sucks is just overreacting. This will be a powerful learning experience for him, one that will make him better than ever as a man. 

While I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the case, has this been confirmed? He was there with Bills brass?

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

While I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the case, has this been confirmed? He was there with Bills brass?

Just speculation. Zay has been in Buffalo all offseason. It could be a coincidence he was there at the same time as the Bills brass for some offseason fun. Not sure if teams are actually allowed to bring their players to a workout for a draft prospect in the first place- probably against NFLPA rules. 

7 minutes ago, Meazy26 said:

Just speculation. Zay has been in Buffalo all offseason. It could be a coincidence he was there at the same time as the Bills brass for some offseason fun. Not sure if teams are actually allowed to bring their players to a workout for a draft prospect in the first place- probably against NFLPA rules. 

I had the same thought (that the Bills have really been promoting him in the offseason) and question (whether the teams bring their own players to participate in workouts on the campuses)

17 minutes ago, Meazy26 said:

Wow man... just wow... I wish I saw the world through your eyes, it must be like a Disney movie.