Fiction - Taylor made Oline look better

Hebert19

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

I agree. For all the sack he ran into, he also made inhuman athletic plays to escape sacks as well. Lets hope our new QB can compensate for what he lacks in escapeability with getting the ball out on time. 

the problem as i see it is that the O-line never knew where he would be. thus making it harder to know whether or not a defender was simply trying to get around them to get to Tyrod or if Tyrod was bailing in that direction. that then makes knowing what you should do that much harder. with a pocket QB, you know 95% of the time where your QB is and that your main objective is to keep that pocket clean. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MJS said:

I'm trying to think of a play where he ever climbed the pocket to make a throw. I remember him scrambling up the middle.

In my opinion, you can't succeed in the NFL if you can't climb the pocket to make throws. Some QB's do this automatically, which is why pressure up the middle is so devestating for almost every QB.

Both Whaley and Beane basically said the same thing.

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

What was your prediction last year?

8-8, 9-7.

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

I'm trying to think of a play where he ever climbed the pocket to make a throw. I remember him scrambling up the middle.

In my opinion, you can't succeed in the NFL if you can't climb the pocket to make throws. Some QB's do this automatically, which is why pressure up the middle is so devestating for almost every QB.

This is the issue. The Bills oline almost never kept a pocket. There was almost always pressure up the middle. The RG was basically beat on every play. What happens when the middle is collapsing and the QB can't escape? You guys think these young QBs will come in and be Brady. They won't. Bills basically have Shady and a bunch of junk on offense. I don't understand why no one see this.

53 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Re:1

in 2017 3 QBs exceeded 3 seconds tiny to throw.

Taylor: 3.01

Wilson:  3.05

Watson: 3.1

No chance the average is skewed due to mobility extending plays right? 

Bingo

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

So losing Taylor means we’re 5 games worse?  

These young QB are going to throw more ints. There will be more changes of possession. I don't understand why you guys can't see this. You think we're gonna be magically better with a rookie? Shady will get all the attention now. Before in the run game they had to spy TT. That helped us move the ball on the ground. We were #1 in rushing twice and last year #6. I just don't see how they win more than 4-6 games. Unless they build the Ravens defense.

11 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

8-8, 9-7.

This is the issue. The Bills oline almost never kept a pocket. There was almost always pressure up the middle. The RG was basically beat on every play. What happens when the middle is collapsing and the QB can't escape? You guys think these young QBs will come in and be Brady. They won't. Bills basically have Shady and a bunch of junk on offense. I don't understand why no one see this.

I've read here that a franchise QB magically makes things better.    OL run and pass blocking becomes elite.   Our DL can always get penetration.   Our WR will speed up and get separation . Our DBs wont be outmuscled by big physical receivers .    Our kicker will hit 60 yard field goals consistently.  And so on.

54 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

So we are going to have this discussion and leave a terrible WR group out of the conversation? Leaving aside Kelvin Benjamin, you had some pretty terrible ball catchers last year. Logan Thomas is bloody QB acting like he can play TE out there. 

Look ... it's like my baseball team. There's no problem having a Gold Glove CFer that can't hit the ball out there ... providing you have 7 other positional players that can actually hit the ball. You can't give extensive time to the likes of Logan Thomas and Zay Jones and for most of the year have KJ not even playing and the rest of the WR being basically cast offs.

Eventually, you need talent at WR. In the words of a beautiful wife ... he can't throw the ball and catch it.

If like to include the wr discussion but we had same issue when we had Sammy, woods and Goodwin.. .how did they make out without tyrod. 

20 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

8-8, 9-7.

Can't see what isn't true. You are making things up. Yeah, Taylor was under pressure sometimes, like every single QB in the league, but there were countless times he sat back there with eons to throw the ball and did nothing.

4 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

These young QB are going to throw more ints. There will be more changes of possession. I don't understand why you guys can't see this. You think we're gonna be magically better with a rookie? Shady will get all the attention now. Before in the run game they had to spy TT. That helped us move the ball on the ground. We were #1 in rushing twice and last year #6. I just don't see how they win more than 4-6 games. Unless they build the Ravens defense.

Do you know what else counts as a change of possession?  Punting in which we did a lot last year.

Shady got all the attention last year too.  Did you really not see the safety playing up when we had the ball?  Team’s were daring us to throw because we were so one dimensional.

Dak Prescott can get home field advantage without a Ravens level defense but we’re going to be 5 games worse?  You don’t even know if we’re starting a rookie.

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

Can't see what isn't true. You are making things up. Yeah, Taylor was under pressure sometimes, like every single QB in the league, but there were countless times he sat back there with eons to throw the ball and did nothing.

He’s wildly exaggerating to try to prove a point.

25 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

8-8, 9-7.

“You guys think these young guys will beat Brady”

How many times did Taylor beat him?

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Do you know what else counts as a change of possession?  Punting in which we did a lot last year.

Shady got all the attention last year too.  Did you really not see the safety playing up when we had the ball?  Team’s were daring us to throw because we were so one dimensional.

Dak Prescott can get home field advantage without a Ravens level defense but we’re going to be 5 games worse?  You don’t even know if we’re starting a rookie.

He’s wildly exaggerating to try to prove a point.

Right so we'll never punt now that Tyrod is gone. Shady didn't get all the attention because the Bills put in a RPO. You know when Shady got all the attention? early in the year when he was complaining and we were trying to make Tyrod a pocket QB. You know when Shady stopped complaining? When we started to use Tyrods legs and go with more RPO.  

Dak? He's like a better version of Tyrod. This is why I've said if they want to win now they have to draft Jackson. They have one player on offense you have to game plan for, that's my opinion.

No point to prove. We'll see when the season starts.

42 minutes ago, Foxx said:

the problem as i see it is that the O-line never knew where he would be. thus making it harder to know whether or not a defender was simply trying to get around them to get to Tyrod or if Tyrod was bailing in that direction. that then makes knowing what you should do that much harder. with a pocket QB, you know 95% of the time where your QB is and that your main objective is to keep that pocket clean. 

I think this I true an also lead to some holding calls as TT would break contain and the Guards would get caught tugging on the d-line.

The NFL seemed to make an effort not to call holding unless it was blatant with the QB in the pocket.  Many of us could see the tackles latch on, but it was rarely called, but if the QB escaped and the d-line moved to chase - that is when you saw the calls.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Right so we'll never punt now that Tyrod is gone. Shady didn't get all the attention because the Bills put in a RPO. You know when Shady got all the attention? early in the year when he was complaining and we were trying to make Tyrod a pocket QB. You know when Shady stopped complaining? When we started to use Tyrods legs and go with more RPO.  

Dak? He's like a better version of Tyrod. This is why I've said if they want to win now they have to draft Jackson. They have one player on offense you have to game plan for, that's my opinion.

No point to prove. We'll see when the season starts.

You’ve got this wrong.

We changed blocking schemes from a zone to more power like we had with Roman/Lynn.

Taylor stayed in the pocket all year.

Of all the rookies you want to start, you pick the one of the 1st rounders who is the least pro ready?

i also didn’t say we would never punt this year or alluded to it in any way.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

Peterman was sacked 1 time in 49 pass attempts by contrast in his first three seasons Tyrod was sacked 5 times in his first 35 pass attempts. Does that say anything?

Well if you watch football instead of read stat boxes you will see a different story.  Ask Peterman about his 5 INTs in one half because he couldn't handle the pressure from the D ;)

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

I think its both. There were plenty of times where a simple climb would have avoided sack/pressure/negative outcome. 

I think plenty of times he evaded a sack that would have been caused by poor blocking. 

I think 4 of our starters are excellent in a power blocking system. I think 3 are really good in any system and one is meh in any system (Mills). Wood is done so really 2 and I think Groy may not have excelled the way he did in the power scheme.