Rumor: Trade up discussion with Giants

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

Or some fella made a guess and claimed it was inside info.

...at least we know it wasn't Dunkirk Don or Chadwick Chan.....they're up to their knees in mud building the new domed venue......can't blame them for leaks, right??..........

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, gobills1212 said:

You said no way they were trading up. I figured as long as you had the ol' crystal ball dusted off I'd see what the future held!

Another wise a.. This forum is getting over loaded with them. Why don't you put me on ignore because I'll happily add you to my growing list.

9 hours ago, JoeF said:

Several of our posters have speculated on a package like this...so IB is probably throwing his normal **** against the wall.  This particularly low risk for him.  If the deal never gets done, he says Gettleman didn't want to deal; if it gets done for more, he says they negotiated; if it gets done for less--he can claim the price went down when there was no other demand (highly, highly unlikely).  But he will claim credit for the breaking news.

I think Gettleman really wants 1-2019...and it will be part of the deal.  This will give him his QB next year.  The Bills may get to keep 65 and 2-2019 if we add it.

If he wants 2019 1st then no 2018 2nd.

33 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Darnold is 4rd overall at 7.0. Barkley is #1 at 7.4,  Nelson is 7.3, and Chubb is 7.3. 

Then you take that number and multiply it by positional value:

Darnold 7.0  x 10 position value = 70 score

Pass rusher is the next highest rated position value IMO:

Chubb 7.3 x 4 position value = 29.2 score

Barkley, Chubb and Nelson combined don't equal the value of franchise QB prospect.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Or some fella made a guess and claimed it was inside info.

All he would have to do is follow this board for the past few weeks.  His "information" has shown up here as fans fantasizing opnely on this board.  Not really hard it just takes a willingness to deceive.

1 minute ago, greeneblitz said:

Yeah right, anybody but Josh Rosen, Mayfield, Darnold and Allen are all infinity better, this punk has Ryan Leaf written all over him.

Why is he a punk? Yet you don't think mayfield is

28 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

No offense, but those player grades are from Lance Zierlein and are in no way influenced by Daniel Jeremiah. It is his and his grade alone. 

So no, those aren’t Daniel Jeremiahs grades or a combination of other scouts. It is literally one guys opinion.

Lance Zierlein thinks Darnold is a 7.0 and now your going to ask, who’s Lance Zierlein.

No offense to you as I see the tweet. I have a difficult time believing that he is the only one writing that draft tracker as the NFL has 50+ writers and Zierlein has only worked for NFL.com since 2015! That tracker has been there for quite a few years. 

No single writers name is on that tracker that I see and most times when you have a single contributor their name is on their work. I see that he lists his own mock draft as do other writers and they put their names to it. 

Here is a link to the tracker in 2014 before Zierlein even worked for NFL.com  http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-grade

20 minutes ago, Radar said:

Another wise a.. This forum is getting over loaded with them. Why don't you put me on ignore because I'll happily add you to my growing list.

You speak in absolutes and get salty when someone disagrees or tries to joke with you? Even took the oppertunity to add an obligitory ' the world is going to pot' complaint lol. Sounds like you should put yourself in ignore. That ought to solve your issue...

Edited by gobills1212

8 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Don't fall into the trap of assuming that it is automatic that we could covert all those assets into quality football players, if we do not make the move.

A high pick doesn't always equal a good football player.  

We'd probably be lucky to hit on half of those picks.

Sometimes It feels like organizations don't want to do their homework!

Check out some years when some really good QB's were taken... -They WERE NOT plentiful, and you had to study-up on them.

Rodgers - 2005

Who else was there? -Alex Smith? -That's about it...

Joe Flacco - 2008

Who else was there besides him and Matt Ryan in the 1st?

Ben Roethlisberger -2004

Because of his amazing NFL Pedigree, I won't count Eli Manning in this draft. -Who else is there in Rd 1? -Phil Rivers?

The point is, You have to know what your'e fishing for... it may require you to cut a hole in the ice, have the right bait, and wait two hours to get the prize you want...