Bills Sign Newhouse and Bodine

1 hour ago, Bills Freak said:

How, signings for depth & camp. Need 90 for roster 

If you were to compare the quality of the depth of the line from last year to this, and tell me that it was anything but worse, you know you'd be lying to yourself.

Last year
C: Eric Wood and Ryan Groy

This year

C: Eric Groy and Russell Bodine

Replayed at nearly every position along the line.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Doesn’t matter if he can get the ball out on time. People don’t realize how well our line was doing because Taylor held it way too long til someone was wide open. 

Most of the running around he did was because of how long it took him to find a receiver. Not because of the line. 

Lauding Taylor for keeping a play going when he was the cause is took so long to begin with was the main reason people think our line was worse than it was. 

no it was because he could not trust the line, or his receivers. they sucked. Dennison sucked, Castillo still sucks.

AJ could get killed. Peterman is still traumatized

4 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

If you were to compare the quality of the depth of the line from last year to this, and tell me that it was anything but worse, you know you'd be lying to yourself.

Last year
C: Eric Wood and Ryan Groy

This year

C: Eric Groy and Russell Bodine

Replayed at nearly every position along the line.

That's likely true but Eric is gone & we gotta start somewhere. These guys may not even make the roster. i have a feeling there will be some line shuffling w/ our current roster. Another consideration is, we have no idea what Daboll has in mind for the blocking scheme.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Care to explain?   Nobody has promised them a roster spot, much less declared them as starters. 

Sure.

The quality of the depth is less. And the line last year was frankly terrible - especially with the RT and RG. The idea that I expect everyone to be a starter is bull (not that you are saying it). But as fans, let's be honest enough to call a spade a spade. 

This team was bad at several positions last year and just damned lucky to make the playoffs - we should have won somewhere around 6 games. Now at center instead of a near Pro Bowl Center in Eric Wood and a high quality backup in Groy, you have a high quality backup and really,  a below replacement.

Now ... if we use three of the top 6 picks and return great young talent - say, Wynn, Ragnow, MIller - ok. I'm wrong. But we're out of money and the 7th cavalry to upgrade the line is a turnstile RT and a much below league average C. 

From bad, to worse.

1 minute ago, Bills Freak said:

That's likely true but Eric is gone & we gotta start somewhere. These guys may not even make the roster. i have a feeling there will be some line shuffling w/ our current roster. Another consideration is, we have no idea what Daboll has in mind for the blocking scheme.

Big Fan of Groy btw. Hope they fix the f'n blocking scheme though.

Actuall Daboll is my undercover Hero. Draft RT at least. good lord. i see Mills whiff and lunge again i will puke

1 minute ago, Bills Freak said:

Say hello to Lamar Jackson!

its coming

Hi ! Lamar !

3 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

no it was because he could not trust the line, or his receivers. they sucked. Dennison sucked, Castillo still sucks.

AJ could get killed. Peterman is still traumatized

Nah, bro. Watch those games again. Taylor had forever to throw. 

Benjamin made good almost every time he was given his chance to our jump someone. Taylor refused to throw to anyone that didn’t have 14 steps and standing stationary with two outstretched and waiting hands. 

One of my old friends is a diehard Bengals fan. What he says about the Bills' acquisitions from the Bengals does not speak well about McBeane and "The Process":

"McCarron is a great leader, smart, relatively accurate, arm like a wet noodle. Hope the improved draft position turns out well. Bodine on the other hand is the worst center I have ever seen." 

Just now, Bobby Hooks said:

Nah, bro. Watch those games again. Taylor had forever to throw. 

Benjamin made good almost every time he was given his chance to our jump someone. Taylor refused to throw to anyone that didn’t have 14 steps and standing stationary with two outstretched and waiting hands. 

I know he made time to throw, and often had a clean pocket which he would not step up into. But he also was getting blown out in two seconds and needed to move.

Of course there are plenty of reasons why that happened Bobby.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BBillsWestCoast said:

Josh Allen or Mayfield could fall all the way to 7-9 and we could trade up. It all depends on Denver. Just because analysts say what they think it doesn't mean that 1-2 guys won't drop...

I want to wait until draft day and move to #9 from #22; If we trade #22, #56 and #96 to SF 49ers (they have no 2nd rounder) for pick #9 and their #124. 

I would be satisfied with #9 Allen/Mayfield, #12 Roquan Smith or Tremaine Edmunds, then still have picks #53, #65, rounds 4-6. This team is built to win on defense and needs help on the offensive line badly.

This is kind of interesting.

50 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

Exactly, having veteran backups is a great thing on any team. It seems people think every player we sign is here to start.

No.  They think they should be All Pros.

These guys may provide depth.  Or may not be on the roster come November