Time for Beane to Call Gettleman - Beane Says the Bills Have the Capital to Get to #2

I just think people miss out on the fact that they took advantage of getting great value for Glenn, and interpret that trade as step 1 of getting into the top 5.

Perhaps, Beane has another target at 12, maybe a Mlb, which would make a huge impact on this defense

Just now, dabills21 said:

I just think people miss out on the fact that they took advantage of getting great value for Glenn, and interpret that trade as step 1 of getting into the top 5.

Perhaps, Beane has another target at 12, maybe a Mlb, which would make a huge impact on this defense

Agreed - expectations changed with that trade, but we still get a much better player with it.

Just now, dabills21 said:

People must not listen to Beane's philosphy about Franchise QB in the NFL to think that's what he targeting. 

1 minute ago, dabills21 said:

We need a lb in the worst way. No doubt, and it wouldn't surprise me to see Evans or Edmunds the target at 12 if we can't land Rosen, Darnold, or Mayfield

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

People must not listen to Beane's philosphy about Franchise QB in the NFL to think that's what he targeting. 

Or maybe you missed Beane saying that he does not think of McCarron as a bridge QB? 

5 minutes ago, dabills21 said:

I think you’re a bit naive if you really believe that.

That isn’t the sort of trade you make in early March. That’s a draft day trade.

2 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

We need a lb in the worst way. No doubt, and it wouldn't surprise me to see Evans or Edmunds the target at 12 if we can't land Rosen, Darnold, or Mayfield

Or maybe you missed Beane saying that he does not think of McCarron as a bridge QB? 

What do you expect him to say?  The contract he got speaks volumes about how they value him. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

What do you expect him to say?  The contract he got speaks volumes about how they value him. 

I get that. My point is, we don't know anything. But at the same time, maybe it was just a bargain for a good QB. I mean, there's been good QB's on cheap deals before..... In the same breathe,  Hue Jackson said no question that Tyrod is his starter. They gave up less than we did for AJ. So, is that what he was expected to say, too??

If Bills really like one of the top 4 qbs, they also need to consider that they would be taking that qb away from a divisional opponent in the Jets. Darnold likely goes #1. So if Bills love Rosen and have him at top of their boards it might be worth it to pay a little more to block the Jets. Jets could still draft mayfield or Allen but the Bills would have the qb they like best. 

3 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

What are you even on about? I never said that, I know no team has told me.

You said:

That would mean, Beane thinks he knows how the other 11 pick in front of him are going to play out. He thinks he's smarter than everyone else.

That is dumb.

Would you like me to explain why? The Miami Dolphins take "the guy" Beane traded up to 12 for. What now? If Brandon Beane has a guy he wants, he needs to get to a position where 11 other teams aren't picking in front of him.

Or it means he's ranked the top 15 based on HIS board which is the most important. His board may not be the same as other teams. You are projecting what you believe it the top 12. He may have a completely different top 12. He probably has a group of players he believes are worth the 12th pick.

3 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

What if their guy is going #1.

You don't know who their guy is. Neither do I.

19 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Or it means he's ranked the top 15 based on HIS board which is the most important. His board may not be the same as other teams. You are projecting what you believe it the top 12. He may have a completely different top 12. He probably has a group of players he believes are worth the 12th pick.

What? What does that have to do with anything you said previously?

3 hours ago, Commonsense said:

If Gettleman isn't set on a QB he would get a nice haul for falling down to 12, I don't see him dropping a few spots and taking a small return. It's a pile of picks or it's a QB.

How dare you make sense!? You sir are a trouble maker with your forward thinking.

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Bills should make every effort to jump up to the #2 pick to get their guy. 

Based on the price the Jets paid to move up 3 picks, the Giants are well within their right to ask for our 2 firsts and second rounder this year, and next year’s first, to move up from 12 to 2. 

If theyre THAT into a QB than its worth it. But if theyre split between a couple of QB’s then its not. 

A QB will be there at 12.