Jets just traded with Colts for #3 pick in first round

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

#3 pick is valued at 2200. Jets gave up about 2800 points in draft picks.

They gave up about (roughly) 600 extra draft points (depending on how you value that 2019 2nd) to move up 3 picks! 

Think about what it's going to take to move up form 12 to 2.

I honestly don't think it's going to happen guys. 

I always thought it would take the Bill's 3-1sts and 3-2nd's to get in a conversation to move to #2.

Minimum.

Beane in essence got a 2nd for Glenn.

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Wait so your saying the Colts wouldn't trade with the Bills had the Bills made the offer BETTER than the Jets? 

What am I missing? 

Maybe not.  They may have a player they covet who they think won’t drop to 12.

Regardless, I don’t want a GM who pays way more than he should this far ahead of draft day.  I can’t believe how some are talking about this.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Colts will still get their guy in Chubb - which they probably wouldn't have if the they had traded with the Bills and they get all these other picks.   Win win for the Colts.

13 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

The constant belief the Giants want to move out of #2 is nauseating. Look how much the Jets just gave up to move a few spots. We control nothing at this point other than the #12 pick. 

we call the Giants and theyre going to want both our 1st round picks. Our 2nd round pick. And probably our 1st round pick next year. 

No thanks.  

Agreed that is what they will want.  IF we LOVE a guy...it is worth it.  If we don't love a guy, it is not worth it!

4 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Building a roster without a franchise QB is not a recipe for consistent success, and never has been.

Please give me an example of EVEN ONE TEAM in NFL history who was able to maintain success for longer than 4 years without strong play from the QB position.

Define strong play

8 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

The sky is falling, the sky is falling ...

1. Browns - Barkley

2. Giants - Rosen

3. Jests - Mayfield

4. Browns - Darnold

5. Broncos - Nelson

6. Colts - Chubb

7. Bucs - Fitzpatrick

8. Bills - Allen

9. 49ers - Edmunds

10. Raiders - Smith

22. Bills - Evans - MLB - Alabama

If Barkley does go #1 and Giants don't trade and take Rosen, Jets got smoked. That's a lot of picks to burn just to move up 3 spots for Mayfield/Allen, who might've been at #6 anyways.

I guess we're a working class city / non winner for a reason based on the replies to this thread. Few points i'd like to make.

1) No guarantee that Allen falls to us at #12 as another team could trade up next week as we're having our long interviews.  

2) No guarantee that Jackson falls to us at #12 as another team could trade up next week as we're having our long interviews.  

3) I'll quit the fanbase if we trade one of our 1sts for Foles if we get desperate for a QB.

4) Rudolf is never going to work out.

5) Just because the jets have not been successful picking in the top 5 previously doesn't mean they wont now.

6) We should absolutely be alarmed. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

It's kinda funny to see people meltdown over the Jets trade up.

#3 pick trade up was our target and best chance to land a FQB. It's a reality check now more than a meltdown. It's 2004 all over again but this time we had ammo to actually fix what has haunted us in the past and we most likely failed again.

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, mattt9998 said:

Will cost way more than that.  Try both first, both 2nds, next years first,and probably another lower pick as well.  12 to 2, is a big ass jump.  We will get trade raped, only worth t if the QB turns out to be a top 10 guy.  Otherwise we end up like the skins after trading up for RG3

Absolutely agree it's too much to give. Unless you're sure the guy is Peyton, Luck, Wentz, Eli or even Cam Newton.

11 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

The sky is falling, the sky is falling ...

1. Browns - Barkley

2. Giants - Rosen

3. Jests - Mayfield

4. Browns - Darnold

5. Broncos - Nelson

6. Colts - Chubb

7. Bucs - Fitzpatrick

8. Bills - Allen

9. 49ers - Edmunds

10. Raiders - Smith

22. Bills - Evans - MLB - Alabama

Barkley is not going #1.  I would wager anything including my life!

Just now, Real McCoy said:

#3 pick trade up was our target and best chance to land a FQB. It's a reality check now more than a meltdown. It's 2004 all over again but this time we had ammo to actual fix what has haunted us in the past and we most likely failed again.

2004 was worst than this can ever be. 2004 had three HOF talents. We knew before the draft they would be great. 2018 is a lot of he might be good.

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Wait so your saying the Colts wouldn't trade with the Bills had the Bills made the offer BETTER than the Jets? 

What am I missing? 

The Colts have a target player too and probably believe that player is available at 6. The Bills don't even have a top ten pick to offer. Teams often don't want to move back too far. It's why HOU cancelled their deal with the Bills last minute in '04 costing the Bills a chance at Roethlisberger. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

BS.

You offer them a better deal than what Jets offered they take it. Why wouldn't they? 

Only 2 options:

1.) We don't want any of those QBs

2.) We have #2 wrapped up

Well, I guess 3

3.) Beane sucks

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Haha (+1) 1