This is the “character” that McDermott looks for

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

To be honest, I'd probably drive from Columbus too. A flight from Columbus to Buffalo seems ridiculous unless it was urgent. 

It's true that the difference fly vs drive is not that great esp. when drive time to/from the airport is factored in - but still - you gotta be a wet blanket not to love the sense of urgency.

2 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Offense, offense, offense.  Where are this kind of guy on the offense?   I know McDermott is going to get his guys on the defense.   I think the defense will be a lot better this season.

I'm worried about the offense.   

Relax.  We have 6 out of the top 96 picks in the draft.  We have many needs, and Aj, Murphy, and Star shored up 3.  We only have so much cap room.  Even so, free agency is not over yet.  And we will build through the draft. If Beane drafts anywhere as well this season we are in great shape!

3 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Frankly I think this "character" thing is overblown. Didnt we just sign Diggy-zoo? And wasnt Trent suspended 4 games last year? We just spin this whole character thing into what we want, no? 

No clue who diggy zoo is but my buddy is a skins fan. Said Murphy was asked to gain weight rapidly to play 3-4 DE, then was asked to cut weight rapidly when junior gallette was injured and move back to OLB. Seems like this guy is super dedicated to his team and quite possibly could be the result of trainers giving him a named substance as well. 

Edited by ROONDOGG55

4 hours ago, WMDman said:

Hes gonna be a fan fav

Totally agree, I think he is going to be a stud for us. I love his motor and intensity. We need passionate guys that get everyone else pumped up.

I love the energy Tre' White brings, feel like he will be the same kinda guy.

Not sure if all the younger fans remember, but Jim Kelly would walk up to Bruce Smith on the sideline and say "Get me the ball back and we will put 6 on the board." that's what you need to be a Champion. That's why I also Love Baker Mayfeild and Don't want the Jets or Fins to have that.

Edited by Billsfanatixs

13 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

letsgofishing7.jpgAfter the GOT reference, you have to love Murphy, plus the late night drive to Buffalo.

The only way fans are going to like him more is if they find out he packs his own lunch and carries it to the stadium in a lunchbox!  :lol:

image.png.f75a37faa14d8859e6f62372301685f5.png