Josh Rosen myths

If the Bills like Rosen as much as we think.........

The Bills are going to have to go to 2 to get him. They have to overpay the Giants to get him.

I know the last two times this organization made trades for QB's in the first round (both trading up and down) have failed miserably. But this one time they have to. Swing for the fences.

The Bills have been on Rosen the second McDermott took over, 

Beane has been sharp, let's see how sharp he is when it comes to acquiring the most critical piece to any team, cause AJ McCarron ain't the answer.

41 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I want the Bills to select Rosen but unless you played for UCLA or know him personally then do you really know any of this as fact? Teammates are getting his back but do you think they would really "out" him even if he was a giant !@#$? I'm not sure they would but i could be wrong, I never heard any OL talk bad about Johnny Manziel either and he seems like a giant pile of you know what. Just sayin.

Exactly. You Jordan Lasley (WR) is going to saying one bad thing about Rosen during his 15 min. interviews with teams at the combine ? UUUh NO.

4 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Or you could actually do your homework and read his previous posts from earlier in the year and see that the guy worked in the game both as a coach and a scout, with the latter involving him scouting QBs this year.  But that isn't you...

Jay knows football and I respect his opinion 

i dont take it personal and I'm don't think I'm better than anyone 

52 minutes ago, MDH said:

his propensity to force things when its better to just throw the ball away.

I'm a UCLA alumnus and this was the biggest problem with his game.  He'll throw some absolute head scratchers under pressure.  If you give him a clean pocket, there isn't a better passer at the college level.  He's one of the best pure passers to come out in quite awhile.

Edited by TheBrownBear

7 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I’ve been around Josh Rosen football for 3 years.  I’ve heard plenty of things about Rosen. Plenty more than a few articles

can provide.

In fact, you should probably just listen to me going forward. You probably just heard about Rosen last year, ya?

Snap!

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Jay knows football and I respect his opinion 

i dont take it personal and I'm don't think I'm better than anyone 

I think you’re better than Jay.  He has nicer abs and elbows, but overall you would go a few picks before him in the draft of life.   

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I'm a UCLA alumnus and this was the biggest problem with his game.  He'll throw some absolute head scratchers under pressure.  If you give him a clean pocket, there isn't a better passer at the college level.  He's one of the best pure passers to come out in quite awhile.

This!   There’s no excuse for his over-confidence in his arm and he won’t get away with it in the NFL.   But it’s also something I think he’s been transparent on with teams.   Agree!

25 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

There's a lot going on here...but it's apparent that Rosen is being treated as a proxy chip in a political debate. That and apparently one's support or rejection of Trump has anything to do with Christianity. 

I expect that McBeane want hard working professionals who aren't lockerroom cancers. An NFL team is a large group of folks, many of whom lean left, and many who lean right. I don't think his politics have anything to do with the Bills' evaluation of him.  

Agreed. The culture of a locker room or a workplace i think McDermott values is working toward one goal as a unit and buying into your coach and his vision. I think you can be a part of that 'culture' no matter what actual culture you come from.

40 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Plenty of college athletes have been roasted for their attitude 

It doesn't take much for a player to say I don't Ike Rosen, and it hasn't happened

Im not even emotional because I don't even care if we draft him

i just don't like Tearing down a guys character  when it isn't 100% true 

This is just 100% unverifiable. You do realize or maybe you don't, that if a scout in a 15 minute interviewasks you about a teammate and you say something negative that is a big strike against you ?  It does take a player a lot to say something like that. 

13 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I’ve been around Josh Rosen football for 3 years.  I’ve heard plenty of things about Rosen. Plenty more than a few articles

can provide.

In fact, you should probably just listen to me going forward. You probably just heard about Rosen last year, ya?

Lol.  Sorry I triggered you.  

3 minutes ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

This is just 100% unverifiable. You do realize or maybe you don't, that if a scout in a 15 minute interviewasks you about a teammate and you say something negative that is a big strike against you ?  It does take a player a lot to say something like that. 

I’d challenge this.  There’s “you’re our guy” talks and then there’s “he’s a guy we like” talk.  Those are purposely transparent and inclusive conversations.  

Just now, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

I understand that but it doesn't have to be in a formal interview setting 

players use twitter and go on rants all the time. Coaches give remarks on and off the record

Steve Spurrier leading up to the draft made it known that Clowney just had an ok work ethic, not great like Marcus lattimore

It wouldn't be crazy for a coach to say he can be hard to work with

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Things that are not myths:

• he was raised in an affluent, and well educated Left Coast household
  • he is by all accounts very intelligent. There is considerable noise about his Liberal politics; given where he was brought up, this seems probable
  • he does not have a problem with challenging the status quo; even the Sporting News indicated how outspoken he is
  • his first sport was tennis, not another team sport like baseball or even basketball
  • he has chosen to leave his team a year early.
  • he is Jewish

You have a coach and entire culture that is built around accepting a process, and in fact I would think discourages those that choose to be outspoken. A head coach that values - highly - seniors in college. A head coach that praised Jesus Christ. In point of fact, his brand new backup QB bears a cross as a tattoo in the middle of his chest, and is a notable supporter of Donald Trump (or at least was). His new defensive lineman (and I have no idea of what he believes in regarding God) seems to be cut of a very close cloth mentally to McCarron.

Be aware, I am not saying that Coach McDermott is dictating faith to his players. I'm pretty sure that most of that locker room has no connection to God whatsoever; it is the nature of 28 year old men. And I am not saying that Jewish, outspoken, intelligent QBs can't accept a process and fall into line. I'm not even saying that McD and Beane are curating potential players based on faith or education levels.

I think it is reasonable, in fact, plainly obvious, that you are presenting a cultural clash by introducing Josh Rosen into that room. That everything about him screams that he is not the sort of guy McDermott and Beane have been shown to favor. Kyle Williams is loved by the coaching staff because he put everything on the line for his team; think about Kyle, think about McCarron, and think about Murphy and tell me you honestly cannot see where those dots might lead you away from Josh Rosen. 

Side note: I am trying very much not to make this about religion, but if you ignore completely the Jewish culture, it's Talmudic emphasis on both education and questioning the world around you, its stridently Left politics, well ... I think you are missing the point here completely. And for what it's worth - I think Josh Rosen will be a helluva professional QB. 

But culture comes first.

Well, if your intent was to not say what you were saying, I think you missed the mark.

It is a bigoted post you made there.

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

There's a lot going on here...but it's apparent that Rosen is being treated as a proxy chip in a political debate. That and apparently one's support or rejection of Trump has anything to do with Christianity. 

I expect that McBeane want hard working professionals who aren't lockerroom cancers. An NFL team is a large group of folks, many of whom lean left, and many who lean right. I don't think his politics have anything to do with the Bills' evaluation of him.  

I don't think it's politics. Rosen himself has said he likes to question everything. McD preaches team before self. I don't see him wanting his QB to be a guy that openly challenges everything. It isn't about Rosen, McD, it's about team.

Look up "Rosen Time" McD would never tolerate a guy with that attitude. I wanted Rosen, heck I think he is the best passer I just don't see a way in which McD goes for it.

Are you talking about Josh Allen or Josh Rosen? Rosen I heard from my sources is a selfish spoiled rich kid just looking to get laid,

4 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Well, if your intent was to not say what you were saying, I think you missed the mark.

It is a bigoted post you made there.

Your ignorance of the word bigoted is exceptional. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

players use twitter and go on rants all the time. Coaches give remarks on and off the record

Steve Spurrier leading up to the draft made it known that Clowney just had an ok work ethic, not great like Marcus lattimore

This is precisely what has happened in Rosen's case based on the reports that are out there.

Chad Kelly was a young QB with real problems...

Talking about AKs, storming fields, getting kicked out of Clemson, getting kicked out of HS in Pennsylvania 

Rosen is most likely an opinionated young man who not everybody agrees with, including me, but his red flags for character are not as big as others imo

i may be wrong

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

This is precisely what has happened in Rosen's case based on the reports that are out there.

I can see that... but Jim Mora JR should atleast put his name behind it

5 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Are you talking about Josh Allen or Josh Rosen? Rosen I heard from my sources is a selfish spoiled rich kid just looking to get laid,

Your ignorance of the word bigoted is exceptional. 

Your icon shows the wrong end of the Buffalo.

Nothing personal. We probably just won't get along because you are a different religion from me.

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Agree with you there 716. I'm not trying to be disrespectfully disagreeable but facts are really sometimes not facts but very strong suspicions, is what I'm getting at. My son, who is a college recruiter has met, Bosco's head coach Justin Negro and said Negro  gave the impression that he was shall we say a  prima-donna This well after Rosen was at UCLA..   Beyond that, the injuries.... and he may have had a concussion @ St. John Bosco. ..... He has little to no escapability.... I know this is about his character, I just have my doubts about his career.