Josh Rosen myths

There seems to be a ton of myths about Josh Rosen floating around the internet that people seem to eat up as fact

People say he is a bad teammate and players don't like him... That is a crock of ****... He has had countless teammates over the years back him and say how he is their leader and general. They loved playing with Rosen

People say he has a bad work ethic... also a crock of ****... Rosen was the FIRST EVER true freshmen starter at UCLA. Walked on the campus and held himself accountable and demanded the best. One of a few UCLA players who held 25 player organized practices as the leader

People say he isn't coachable... well he has had 3 different offensive coordinators in 3 years and learned 3 different playbooks. He is all over the UCLA record book in 3 years with a   Different playbook every year

UCLA players are all on record as loving Josh as their QB and they say he wants perfection ... he works his *** off for it so it expects the whole team too

If we traded up for this kid, there is no emotion to have unless it is elated because he would be the only blue chip QB prospect  we have had since Kelly

https://dailybruin.com/2018/01/10/wangs-word-unfounded-rumors-that-teammates-dislike-josh-rosen-should-not-affect-draft/

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Only two things worry me about Rosen. His concussions and his propensity to force things when its better to just throw the ball away. The latter is easily coached. The former is a legitamate long term concern.

You’re right though, all that other stuff is just BS.

Edited by MDH
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

There seems to be a ton of myths about Josh Rosen floating around the internet that people seem to eat up as fact

People say he is a bad teammate and players don't like him... That is a crock of ****... He has had countless teammates over the years back him and say how he is their leader and general. They loved playing with Rosen

People say he has a bad work ethic... also a crock of ****... Rosen was the FIRST EVER true freshmen starter at UCLA. Walked on the campus and held himself accountable and demanded the best. One of a few UCLA players who held 25 player organized practices as the leader

People say he isn't coachable... well he has had 3 different offensive coordinators in 3 years and learned 3 different playbooks. He is all over the UCLA record book in 3 years with a   Different playbook every year

UCLA players are all on record as loving Josh as their QB and they say he wants perfection ... he works his *** off for it so it expects the whole team too

If we traded up for this kid, there is no emotion to have unless it is elated because he would be the only blue chip QB prospect  we have had since Kelly

I want the Bills to select Rosen but unless you played for UCLA or know him personally then do you really know any of this as fact? Teammates are getting his back but do you think they would really "out" him even if he was a giant !@#$? I'm not sure they would but i could be wrong, I never heard any OL talk bad about Johnny Manziel either and he seems like a giant pile of you know what. Just sayin.

• Like (+1) 2

All you have to do is look at Brady, the best QB of all time probably. How is his character? He is always throwing tantrums on the sideline, fighting with coaches and yelling at teammates. He sulks on the sideline after bad drives. He is a poor sport and sometimes leaves the field after a loss without shaking hands or congratulating the opposing team. He's a perfectionist that demands perfection from the guys around him and gets on their case if they aren't up to it.

So yeah, I couldn't care less about the "character concerns" for Rosen.

I believe the Bills QB board looks a little something like this...

1.) Rosen

2.) Rosen

3.) the ghost of Rosen

4.) Rosen’s bath towel

5.) we refuse to announce any pick if it isn’t Rosen

so yea.  Rosen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

The truth is somewhere in the middle. He likely had several teammates and coaches who raised their eyebrows at him, or were neutral to him, and the rest loved him and thought he was the greatest thing on earth. . You cannot please everybody, especially if one is very confident and honest, and who wants the best from his teammmates. The only way to please everybody is to have the talent of Rosen and the personality of Wally or Ward Cleaver.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Sorry man, you can shout from a mountain top as much as you want, you can say things are a “crock of ****” and even say that some rumors are false. 

But there is too much smoke to not have fire. And I’m not just saying this as the PAC-12 GURU, I’m saying this as someone who’s read and listened to multiple people speak regarding his personality etc.

You can even ask our resident UCLA season ticket holder LABillbacker and he’ll tell you the same.

Kid is talented. Looks like he was born to throw a football. But a lot of the “myths” you speak of have some truth to them.

If the Bills draft him, I’ll be excited because I know they’ve done their homework but there are concerns about his personality. Whether you believe it or not.

I don’t personally care about this but you can’t just claim them as myth.

Edited by Jay_Fixit
  • Like (+1) 1

The truth is it takes one team that likes him to torpedo his stock by spreading none sense.   In this case, Josh has 20 teams doing this.  He’s the best pure QB in this draft.  Darnold has a higher ceiling in my opinion, but Rosen is a franchise guy, no question in my mind.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Jay_Fixit said:

Sorry man, you can shout from a mountain top as much as you want, you can say things are a “crock of ****” and even say that some rumors are false. 

But there is too much smoke to not have fire. And I’m not just saying this as the PAC-12 GURU, I’m saying this as someone who’s read and listened to multiple people speak regarding his personality etc.

You can even ask our resident UCLA season ticket holder LABillbacker and he’ll tell you the same.

Kid is talented. Looks like he was born to throw a football. But a lot of the “myths” you speak of have some truth to them.

If the Bills draft him, I’ll be excited because I know they’ve done their homework but there are concerns about his personality. Whether you believe it or not.

Sure you can say where there is smoke there is fire 

But NONE of his teammate or coaches have verified any of it. They have ALL had his back which they don't have to do

4 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

You think they are myths. I bet there are a ton of teammates that hate the dude that just don't want to get involved.

The attitude is one thing, but there are questions about nerves in his shoulder.  Stay away.

Nobody likes every teammate . He has close to 100

i bet its only 5-10% who "dislike" him.. all his players on offense love him

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Sure you can say where there is smoke there is fire 

But NONE of his teammate or coaches have verified any of it. They have ALL had his back which they don't have to do

That means nothing. Nobody is going to publicly say otherwise. 

2 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Nailed it. 

OP wrote an emotional rant instead of a fact based defense of Rosen.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Jay_Fixit said:

That means nothing. Nobody is going to publicly say otherwise. 

Plenty of college athletes have been roasted for their attitude 

It doesn't take much for a player to say I don't Ike Rosen, and it hasn't happened

Just now, Commonsense said:

Nailed it. 

OP wrote an emotional rant instead of a fact based defense of Rosen.

Im not even emotional because I don't even care if we draft him

i just don't like Tearing down a guys character  when it isn't 100% true 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

Plenty of college athletes have been roasted for their attitude 

It doesn't take much for a player to say I don't Ike Rosen, and it hasn't happened

Dude, I’ve heard for years of the Josh Rosen attitude on local/west coast based radio shows out here. Even some interviews with players.

I get that he throws a nice ball and you like that, but there is some truth to this.

Not sure why we needed the PSA.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Or you can believe the guy who actually scouts and works for an NFL team for a living.  Your choice:   fake news or something actually grounded in fact from an expert.  SMH.

Edited by N.Y. Orangeman