Josh Rosen myths

9 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

You think they are myths. I bet there are a ton of teammates that hate the dude that just don't want to get involved.

How to put this politely?

No person of strong character is universally loved.  I would bet there are teammates at OU who think Mayfield is an arrogant little twat, and just don't want to stir coals.

One of two things will be true in both cases:

1) these teammates are players with NFL level talent/work ethic who are getting a chance to talk to teams in private and can share any concerns OTR, in which case teams will know about it (unless they are ball-less little worms)

or

2) they are at the bottom of the roster, where resentments tend to bloom esp. if they were tagged a few times for "dogging it", and no one in the NFL really cares what they think

The attitude is one thing, but there are questions about nerves in his shoulder.  Stay away.

That is why physicians are employed.  It makes no sense to stay away from a top prospect unless something concrete turned up in medical exam.

9 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

But there is too much smoke to not have fire. And I’m not just saying this as the PAC-12 GURU, I’m saying this as someone who’s read and listened to multiple people speak regarding his personality etc.

You can even ask our resident UCLA season ticket holder LABillbacker and he’ll tell you the same.

You know, as a lifelong camper, I can tell you that you can have a huge amount of smoke without much fire producing it.

I'd be happy to hear from anyone who knows Rosen, or knows someone who's directly worked with Rosen. 

But otherwise, except for Dilfer who has converted and is now in his camp, it's all this amorphous blob of rumor.

We have nameless "NFL Execs" and "scouts" with no details and much exaggeration.  It's like the "F**k Trump" hat pissed in their Wheaties.  The only other concrete stuff is all teen-prank level - lawn ornaments in suggestive positions, hot tub in the dorm room, ping pong table. 

Like I said, I'd love to hear anything concrete.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

On 3/15/2018 at 12:35 PM, kdiggz said:

Troy Aikman?

Not a Great QB. he was good.  Joe Flacco has the same if not better stats and i dont think Flacco is Great or Elite in any sense.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AikmTr00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FlacJo00.htm

On 3/15/2018 at 12:51 PM, The Jokeman said:

Some guy named Aikman went to UCLA and beat us in two Super Bowls and won a third one too.

We kinda beat ourselves. BUT he has the same stats and Joe Flacco. is Joe GREAT? no.  Joe has somewhat better stats than AIkman.  Aikman had a great team surrounding him.

On 3/15/2018 at 2:17 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

Troy Aikmen....2 rings

That's about it

the funny thing is neither USC or UCLA has kicked out a lot of great quarterbacks for the NFL in the last 40 years.

Joe Flacco. very... very similar stats as Aikman.  I might even say a bit better in some respects.  He had a great team surrounding him.

On 3/15/2018 at 2:25 PM, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Or you could actually do your homework and read his previous posts from earlier in the year and see that the guy worked in the game both as a coach and a scout, with the latter involving him scouting QBs this year.  But that isn't you...

Stop saying his and he and instead say who you are talking about we have no idea!!!!

15 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

They didn't win much.  Not a red flag for anyone?

I'm totally sure it's because the talent was so inferior.  

And the coach got fired.

I only saw that when I looked it up myself nobody seems to care that much about it though.

On 3/15/2018 at 11:05 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

How to put this politely?

No person of strong character is universally loved.  I would bet there are teammates at OU who think Mayfield is an arrogant little twat, and just don't want to stir coals.

One of two things will be true in both cases:

1) these teammates are players with NFL level talent/work ethic who are getting a chance to talk to teams in private and can share any concerns OTR, in which case teams will know about it (unless they are ball-less little worms)

or

2) they are at the bottom of the roster, where resentments tend to bloom esp. if they were tagged a few times for "dogging it", and no one in the NFL really cares what they think

That is why physicians are employed.  It makes no sense to stay away from a top prospect unless something concrete turned up in medical exam.

You know, as a lifelong camper, I can tell you that you can have a huge amount of smoke without much fire producing it.

I'd be happy to hear from anyone who knows Rosen, or knows someone who's directly worked with Rosen. 

But otherwise, except for Dilfer who has converted and is now in his camp, it's all this amorphous blob of rumor.

We have nameless "NFL Execs" and "scouts" with no details and much exaggeration.  It's like the "F**k Trump" hat pissed in their Wheaties.  The only other concrete stuff is all teen-prank level - lawn ornaments in suggestive positions, hot tub in the dorm room, ping pong table. 

Like I said, I'd love to hear anything concrete.

I would bet even money that the NFL exec who said the negative things, is from a team that wants Rosen.

I myself am not sure about him. I liked him a few days ago but the more I watch of his interviews I am not so sure. He seems like he might be more than the usual amount of full of himself.

But I will love him if he is throwing touchdowns for us. 

Edited by BadLandsMeanie

On 3/15/2018 at 3:12 PM, K-9 said:

I like the fact he won't shy away from telling a 10 year vet to get with it. Goes with the territory of the position. 

Shall we say, Brady-like.  0:)

I'm not phased by any alleged personality quirks that 'people' attribute to Rosen.  He seems very mature and comfortable in his own skin, which is a good trait for the QB position.   If he's presenting an honest personna in the interviews/games I've watched him in, I say "I'll have some of that" to the waiter and look forward to a great meal...

11 hours ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

If you can't keep up with the conversation at the adult table, slide down to the kiddie table.

Dear God this is why we do need another forum.  You cant use proper grammer and its my fault for not wanting to read 4 pages of bickering???

Stop being such a dik