Some concerning Josh Allen stats

Yeezus

Adjusted completion percentage for dropped passes, throwaways & passes where QB was hit

• Rosen - 68.9%

• Mayfield - 68.4%

• L. Jackson - 64.7%

• Darnold - 59.8%

• J. Allen - 52.6%

Source: https://twitter.com/alex_valdezmhh/status/971839131981623298?s=21

Season-long, top draft QBs, % of aimed passes deemed catchable (min 200 atts)

Baker Mayfield 84.1% (best in NCAA)

Josh Rosen 77.9%

Lamar Jackson 77.6%

Sam Darnold 74.1%

Josh Allen 70.8% (92nd out of 100)

NCAA AVG: 76.0%

Source: https://twitter.com/TJCarter26/status/948911273877606400?s=09

PFF Drop Rates -

Sam Darnold (6.81%);

Josh Allen (7.84%);

Baker Mayfield (9.49%);

Josh Rosen (11.01%);

Lamar Jackson (12.04%)

Source: https://twitter.com/PFF_Neil/status/955928657129889792

Basically, everyone was blaming his bad WR's, but in fact he had one of the lowest drop rates out of all top prospects. 

Also everyone likes to mention how his best trait is his ability to escape pressure and make plays, well he is the worst top prospect in terms of that and the stats are literally right in your face to show you. everyone says Josh Rosen has a noodle arm and can't throw under pressure, yet he is by far the best QB in the draft at it. Why? Because he has good mechanics, footwork, and is deadly accurate...all things Allen isn't. 

• Like (+1) 1

I see a mix of Rob Johnson and Jay Cutler Allen. 

Any ounce of pressure up the middle this guy has his head down bailing out, just like Rob Johnson. No. Pocket awareness is one of the biggest things I look for in a college QB, more than accuracy. 

College accuracy is important but 3rd on my list. Anticipation, pocket awareness and movement, accuracy. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

Just now, garybusey said:

Allen is the next Jim Kelly.

just wanted to be the first to say that after the Bills draft him. No matter how much you all think he sucks now, by training camp he'll be god's titties

by training camp he will be he 3rd string QB behind Peterman bc he can't figure out how to learn the playbook or read an NFL defense. 

Not all great college players turn out to be great NFL players and conversely not all poorly graded college players play poorly in the NFL.

In 2000 Chad Pennington was the first QB taken in that year's draft in the first round by the NY Jets.  Giovanni Carmazzi was selected in the third by the 49ers. Chris Redman drafted in the third by the Ravens. Tee Martin was selected in the 5th by the Steelers. Marc Bulger was selected in the 6th round by the Saints. Spergon Wynn was selected in the 6th round by the Browns.

Then some scrawny kid 6'4'' 211 lbs was taken in the 6th round by the Patriots. He was graded 9th out of 24 QB's that year and projected to be a 6-7th round pick. His name is...

1. Unsung Hero: ... ..... had good statistics while in college, but he didn't have many accolades. He wasn't an All American. He didn't win the Heisman Trophy or Davey O'Brien Award. He wasn't all conference first or second team. ... ..... was All Big Ten Conference Honorable Mention. That's it. During his senior season, Drew Brees was widely recognized as the top QB in the Big Ten Conference. Antwaan Randle El also gained attention for being the most athletic QB in the conference. ..... was simply overlooked. Consequently, there just wasn't much hype surrounding him.
  2. Measurables: Scouts were hard on ....., as they are on most quarterbacks. They criticized his slow foot speed. They criticized his frame, saying he was too small. They criticized his arm strength. They said he couldn't throw a tight spiral. They said he couldn't improvise if a play broke down. Some even said that his good statistics were a product of him playing on a great team rather than him being a great player. Looking back, these criticisms are laughable. But at the time, those were legitimate concerns that made ........ value plummet.

https://www.quora.com/Why-was-Tom-Brady-drafted-so-low

Josh Allen started 2017 with a cast of rookies who knew very little and he basically carried that team to an 8-5 record on his shoulders with a bad offensive line, bad receivers and literally no run game. Stats are for losers. Go watch what the kid did in the senior bowl with decent talent around him. There is a real reason as to why the kid is ranked in the top four by almost everyone. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Not all great college players turn out to be great NFL players and conversely not all poorly graded college players play poorly in the NFL.

In 2000 Chad Pennington was the first QB taken in that year's draft in the first round by the NY Jets.  Giovanni Carmazzi was selected in the third by the 49ers. Chris Redman drafted in the third by the Ravens. Tee Martin was selected in the 5th by the Steelers. Marc Bulger was selected in the 6th round by the Saints. Spergon Wynn was selected in the 6th round by the Browns.

Then some scrawny kid 6'4'' 211 lbs was taken in the 6th round by the Patriots. He was graded 9th out of 24 QB's that year and projected to be a 6-7th round pick. His name is...

1. Unsung Hero: ... ..... had good statistics while in college, but he didn't have many accolades. He wasn't an All American. He didn't win the Heisman Trophy or Davey O'Brien Award. He wasn't all conference first or second team. ... ..... was All Big Ten Conference Honorable Mention. That's it. During his senior season, Drew Brees was widely recognized as the top QB in the Big Ten Conference. Antwaan Randle El also gained attention for being the most athletic QB in the conference. ..... was simply overlooked. Consequently, there just wasn't much hype surrounding him.
  2. Measurables: Scouts were hard on ....., as they are on most quarterbacks. They criticized his slow foot speed. They criticized his frame, saying he was too small. They criticized his arm strength. They said he couldn't throw a tight spiral. They said he couldn't improvise if a play broke down. Some even said that his good statistics were a product of him playing on a great team rather than him being a great player. Looking back, these criticisms are laughable. But at the time, those were legitimate concerns that made ........ value plummet.

https://www.quora.com/Why-was-Tom-Brady-drafted-so-low

Josh Allen started 2017 with a cast of rookies who knew very little and he basically carried that team to an 8-5 record on his shoulders with a bad offensive line, bad receivers and literally no run game. Stats are for losers. Go watch what the kid did in the senior bowl with decent talent around him. There is a real reason as to why the kid is ranked in the top four by almost everyone. 

I have watched him play. 

HE CANT HIT THE BROAD SIDE OF A BARN

kind of important for a QB. 

He is JP Losman All over again. 

So yes like Tom Brady I will take Josh Allen in the 6th round

Edited by MAJBobby

20 minutes ago, garybusey said:

Allen is the next Jim Kelly.

just wanted to be the first to say that after the Bills draft him. No matter how much you all think he sucks now, by training camp he'll be god's titties

You maybe right about Allen , but I'm  still hoping it's Mayfield he may be smaller in size and doesn't have a canon for an arm , but I love his attitude the kid got heart ,  

I watched film breakdown of the top prospects today and I would be extremely nervous if we ended up taking Allen. He has a lot of problems. I'd totally take him in the 2nd round and sit him for a couple years, but we are looking for a top of the first QB.

I'm on the Rosen bandwagon.

FYI, I don't watch college ball and know only what I have seen from people breaking down film on these guys. I could totally be wrong.

8 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I think we'd be lucky to get a QB the caliber of Allen, the guy took a crappy team on his shoulders and lead them to a decent season, I would love any of those top QB's, just my opinion.

Played nobody. 

When he did play a power 5 school he sucked. 

When and who has a sub 60% QB in college succeeded in NFL?

16 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I have watched him play. 

HE CANT HIT THE BROAD SIDE OF A BARN

kind of important for a QB. 

He is JP Losman All over again. 

So yes like Tom Brady I will take Josh Allen in the 6th round

Horsehockey! The kid wowed the scouts at the combine and senior bowl with his ability to put the ball right where it needed to be.

Just know that whatever you have to say makes no difference to who this team will select in the draft!  If you don't like him feel free to denigrate him every chance you get like you did with Taylor. 

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Matt Stafford 3 years in college he averaged 57.1 comp % at Georgia , his final year he finally hit 61 comp %,  55.7 the year before that.

Not a long list of successful sub 60% QBs in NFL

6 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Horsehockey! The kid wowed the scouts at the combine and senior bowl with his ability to put the ball right where it needed to be.

Just know that whatever you have to say makes no difference to who this team will select in the draft!  If you don't like him feel free to denigrate him every chance you get like you did with Taylor. 

Underwear Olympics mean nada. Tebow put the ball where it needed to be against air. 

Horrible accuracy when real bullets flying. 

Stay away from JP Allen

and seems i wasnt wrong about Taylor was I. 

And for the Record. Coming into the season I LOVED Allen. 

Then the season happened. 

However just like Taylor JP Allen if drafted gets two season to so improvement with his scattershot accuracy and poor choices 

Edited by MAJBobby