Bills sign QB AJ McCarron

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Allen wasn’t recruited at all. Mayfield had some good offers but went to Texas Tech, got beat out by Davis Webb, and transferred to Oklahoma and won the job. He was always a huge fan of Oklahoma (even though he grew up in austin) and chose to walk on there. 

Whenever I think of a "walk on", I think of someone like Rudy.  Not a guy that gets a full ride to a football factory and quits because he's not the starter and goes elsewhere. If we do draft him, AJ will be our only QB  that didn't have to do that.

30 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Championship.

4 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Whenever I think of a "walk on", I think of someone like Rudy.  Not a guy that gets a full ride to a football factory and quits because he's not the starter and goes elsewhere. If we do draft him, AJ will be our only QB  that didn't have to do that.

You do know he walked on to Texas Tech and earned the starting job as a freshman. 

11 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I did not. Thanks for clarifying that. If he's so good, why did he get beat out?

He got injured and didn’t finish the season. He didn’t get beat out, they would not commit to him starting next year and he felt he had already earned the spot. 

Just now, BananaB said:

He got injured and didn’t finish the season. He didn’t get beat out, they would not commit to him starting next year and he felt he had already earned the spot. 

Again, thanks for the clarification.   I don't follow college football that close.  I also don't  have anything against him and of the power 5, to me looks like the best.

5 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Again, thanks for the clarification.   I don't follow college football that close.  I also don't  have anything against him and of the power 5, to me looks like the best.

Hes super accurate and throw with a lot of anticipation. His receivers get alot of YAC. He does a great job seeing through windows despite his height. Wilson and Brees were the same way in their college days. No guarantee, but I think it will translate into the NFL

11 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Light it up on the field AJ and collect that incentive pay :)

That's all we can ask.

Thing is

He might.

But if he can remain steady for awhile as the Offense settles in I will feel Beane Etc did very well indeed overall.

Did i mention?  i like the Kid

once i read a bit more about his College Football personality and endearing ( to me ) traits

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

That's all we can ask.

Thing is

He might.

But if he can remain steady for awhile as the Offense settles in I will feel Beane Etc did very well indeed overall.

Did i mention?  i like the Kid

once i read a bit more about his College Football personality and endearing ( to me ) traits

Beane signing him means he is a high character guy and thats good enough for me.

4 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

And you end up with Rob Johnson, JP Losman, and EJ Manual.

And sometimes you wind up with Joe Flacco (pausing a moment here for all the “who would want that” comments poo-pooing the value of having a better QB than we’ve had in two decades) or Carson Wentz (pausing another moment for all those “but he dominated in the awesome Missouri Valley Conference so it’s different” comments to be formulated). 

3 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I predict Mayfield goes about 20. Wouldn't doubt if Jackson is taken ahead of him. Rosen, Darnold and Allen all in top six or so, although they don't deserve to be.

Its so tricky to peg early qb draft slots. Unlike the top lb or wr who will land in a pretty tight range — one gm disliking a qb can see a fall from 4 to 25 all of a sudden 

every team getting decent place holders might slow the run run a bit... or not at all 

• Like (+1) 1