AXS TV - Cool Channel

Gugny

I recently learned about AXS via following Dan Rather on Facebook.

I tuned in last night to watch his interview with Robert Plant.  It was awesome.  That was followed by a Pink Floyd documentary which was also very good.

Looking at their schedule - and talking to friends - I've also learned that they show a lot of concerts/performances by great artists.

I don't know how popular this station is, so I just thought I'd throw it out there - as I know this place is full of fans of great music.

http://www.axs.tv/

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Been around a long time, but changed names a few times, I believe it was Paladia or something like that previously.  Great station for music, lots of concerts, interviews, and clips.  Art Mann's show used to air on this station, I miss that show...

Edited by ricojes

21 minutes ago, ricojes said:

Been around a long time, but changed names a few times, I believe it was Paladia or something like that previously.  Great station for music, lots of concerts, interviews, and clips.  Art Mann's show used to air on this station, I miss that show...

Yes! I used to watch Paladia a lot, but then cut the cord and now just have PS Vue. I'll need to check if AXS is on it now...

14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I recently learned about AXS via following Dan Rather on Facebook.

I tuned in last night to watch his interview with Robert Plant.  It was awesome.  That was followed by a Pink Floyd documentary which was also very good.

Looking at their schedule - and talking to friends - I've also learned that they show a lot of concerts/performances by great artists.

I don't know how popular this station is, so I just thought I'd throw it out there - as I know this place is full of fans of great music.

http://www.axs.tv/

I watched it, excellent interview for sure... skipped the Floyd doc though, had seen it before. Never had this channel until I got Sling a few months ago.

30 minutes ago, ricojes said:

Had no idea it was Palladia.  I used to watch that channel all the time!

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Had no idea it was Palladia.  I used to watch that channel all the time!

That's the first thing that came to mind as I read the thread.  I had no idea that channel changed names, but I haven't watched something on it in a while.

1 hour ago, ricojes said:

Art Mann Presents was a staple for insomnia-filled nights way back in the day.

1 hour ago, ricojes said:

Palladia is now MTV Live. AXS used to be called HDNet. 

Side note - if you see the REO Speedwagon live concert on there, it was recorded here in the Syracuse area last summer. 

37 minutes ago, ricojes said:

Uncensored cable TV, at least late night.  It was awesome...

Rogers up in Toronto carried it for a few years, the mention of it at lunch would cause people to stir.

2 hours ago, ricojes said:

AXS is not Palladia (which is MTV Live now)

1 hour ago, Helpmenow said:

I like Howard interiews

I’m sure rather rocks out with Robert plant 

Sad when he starts up Stairway to Heaven and asks Robert if he remembers this song

does this for 8 other songs as well

Pack it in.......