Go on record about.... the Tyrod trade!

The trade  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Was trading TT for the first pick of the third round in the 2018 Draft a good move?

The Bills got very good value AND did it before picking up the option. Much like Glenn,  it is a good move for the Bills. I have wanted the Bills to trade up for a QB in this draft since before the 2017 draft. My dream scenario prior to last draft was to trade down and get another 1st this year for these guys. It happened and now the trade up is coming. The Bills are in great shape moving forward.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The Bills got very good value AND did it before picking up the option. Much like Glenn,  it is a good move for the Bills. I have wanted the Bills to trade up for a QB in this draft since before the 2017 draft. My dream scenario prior to last draft was to trade down and get another 1st this year for these guys. It happened and now the trade up is coming. The Bills are in great shape moving forward.

What's really shocking is the unity of the fanbase on BOTH trades.

Honestly, has there ever been a Bills GM who had near 100% TBD approval on two trades in a row?  I think it's just Beane

Edited by jmc12290

I liked Tyrod. Always thought the Bills didn't do right by him while here. That said, it's a great trade. Taylor has a chance to make the Browns better. (Hard to be any worse.) And the Bills will likely come out ahead. It's all business.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

love tyrod. classy guy with a big heart. leader, great community guy, coaches and teammates loved him. complete class act. but...we all know the story. wish him all the best going forward. but on to the next chapter. which is hopefully titled FRANCHISE FRIGGIN' QUARTERBACK!

Just now, jmc12290 said:

What's really shocking is the unity of the fanbase on BOTH trades.

Honestly, has there ever been a Bills GM who had near 100% TBD approval on two trades in a row?  I think it's just Beane

It doesn’t happen often. He has operated with little pressure though. Tim Murray was once beloved too and he ended up one of the worst ever. Beane has reset the landscape and is targeting his guy. He HAS to get the QB right or it doesn’t matter. With that being said I’m a huge believer in the percentages. A top 5 QB succeeds at an infinitely higher rate than anywhere else. The Bills are playing the odds.

If the Bills can get up using 12, 22 and one of the picks between 53-65 it will be a home run IMO. I think that gets it done easily too. They walk out with Rosen, Mayfield or Darnold, 3 more picks in the top 100 and $100M in cap space next year. That’s a great way to move forward.

• Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It doesn’t happen often. He has operated with little pressure though. Tim Murray was once beloved too and he ended up one of the worst ever. Beane has reset the landscape and is targeting his guy. He HAS to get the QB right or it doesn’t matter. With that being said I’m a huge believer in the percentages. A top 5 QB succeeds at an infinitely higher rate than anywhere else. The Bills are playing the odds.

If the Bills can get up using 12, 22 and one of the picks between 53-65 it will be a home run IMO. I think that gets it done easily too. They walk out with Rosen, Mayfield or Darnold, 3 more picks in the top 100 and $100M in cap space next year. That’s a great way to move forward.

Could not have said it better.

12 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The only question mark is who the vet is.

i like it with a cheap one, but not with bradford, McCarron or Keenum for more money than Tyrod was PLUS the dead money.

the trade in a vacuum is fine though.