New Mock Draft AT (After Tyrod)

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/two-round-2018-nfl-mock-draft-browns-still-take-qb-no-1-after-tyrod-taylor-trade/

In short, trade up to #10 with Oakland and grab Baker Mayfield and keep #22.

Grab LB Rashaan Evans at #22

Grab DT Harrison Phillips at #53

Grab C Frank Ragnow at #56 ( don't know much about him but I disagree, especially with WR Christian Kirk still on the board)

Who wouldn't be happy with this? 

• Like (+1) 4

The down side is waiting and taking the chance of missing out entirely on the QB you want. Looking at this makes one think that the Bills are intent on keeping 21 and 22 until they see Mayfield in play late and make a move not having to mortgage #22.

Playing center in the SEC with all of those great defensive tackle is tough, so I will buy Ragnow. He can play guard as well. The rest of it is cool with me. I prefer Josh Rosen, but Mayfield is interesting. I don't think McBeane will draft him though. 

1 minute ago, McBean said:

Good mock.

Only thing I would do different is address DT in free agency and take Anthony Miller at 53 instead of Harrison.

For who? Star? No thanks. To me he’s the Preston Brown of DTs. Durable, serviceable but not so impressive. No pass rush, no penetration, no TFLs. Basically occupys blocks in the hopes someone else cleans up. He doesn’t have Short, Davis or Kuechley here.

Poe? Too expensive but would be a much better choice. Having Phillips with KW as a mentor would be ideal.

22 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/two-round-2018-nfl-mock-draft-browns-still-take-qb-no-1-after-tyrod-taylor-trade/

In short, trade up to #10 with Oakland and grab Baker Mayfield and keep #22.

Grab LB Rashaan Evans at #22

Grab DT Harrison Phillips at #53

Grab C Frank Ragnow at #56 ( don't know much about him but I disagree, especially with WR Christian Kirk still on the board)

Who wouldn't be happy with this? 

Oh yeah! That would be amazing 

7 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

The results are fine.  I likely would mean we waited until draft day and hoped Mayfield falls to 10- which I highly doubt. We should be more aggressive and move up instead of hoping some pipe dream occurs.

Agree, but you’re giving up 21, 22 and more. I have no idea who Beane and McDermott covet. I like Rosen also but if I can keep 22 and scoop up Mayfield, woohoo! Make no mistake a FA vet will be here. We are not going Mayfield/ Peterson or Rosen/Peterson into the season, are we?

I'm with it until the Ragnow part. 

Ryan Groy played really well at Center in 2016, when asked to fill in for Eric Wood. He played good enough that another team tried to sign him as an RFA and we matched the contract.

In my opinion, we already have our Eric Wood replacement. I wouldn't draft another Center until Round 4 or 5. I'd spend that 2nd elsewhere.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

9 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I'm with it until the Ragnow part. 

Ryan Groy played really well at Center in 2016, when asked to fill in for Eric Wood. He played good enough that another team tried to sign him as an RFA and we matched the contract.

In my opinion, we already have our Eric Wood replacement. I wouldn't draft another Center until Round 4 or 5. I'd spend that 2nd elsewhere.

Ragnow can play Guard as well. Incognito and Groy aren't exactly spring chicks. This would be a dream draft. I will admit I'd be curious to see how far down Price slides with his injury.