Where will Sammy Watkins land in FA?

LA Grant

3 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

I agree. At some point...you have to think talent and potential may never be reached.

Watkins may just be a slightly above average pro receiver. It wouldn't be the first time someone with so much talent didn't reach expectations..Braylon Edwards, Charles Rogers, Peter Warrick, Troy Williamson..etc.

Maybe. But he's young and he gets open. Has good hands. Many of those WRs you mentioned had issues with those things. He could have put up far greater numbers if used differently by the Rams last year and with a QB other than Goff. He filled a specific role , running routes that wouldn't have the desired effect on coverage if run by Woods or Kupp. McVay knew what he was doing and wants him back. I think another team such as SF can offer more and SW will go there. Teams will pay because SW is hardly a scrap bin reclamation project just yet. 

9 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....Browns....TT reunion..........

There were quite a few times where Sammy was pretty damn open and TT couldn't/didn't get the ball to him...I am sure those are indelibly burned into Sammy's mind.  It could happen but his body language and expressions showed a ton of frustration when TT was QB.

I will give you two...Indy or Tampa.....

I wonder if Green Bay wouldn't be an option.  They've hinted they are open to changing their stance on FA, Rodgers and other players have publicly said they need more help and Jordy Nelson looked washed up last year (he's also openly hinted at retirement).  

42 minutes ago, JoeF said:

I will give you two...Indy or Tampa.....

That would be bold.........both teams already have receivers on mega-deals

Does anyone in the NFL have two receivers on their team with AAV's over $10M per?    I can't think of any.

37 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I wonder if Green Bay wouldn't be an option.  They've hinted they are open to changing their stance on FA, Rodgers and other players have publicly said they need more help and Jordy Nelson looked washed up last year (he's also openly hinted at retirement).  

Adams just signed a huge deal in GB.........doubt they pay another WR high dollars.

13 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Glad we got this thread. The other two Watkins threads definitely didn't cover this.

Minor details... Duplicity does not get nearly enough credit for the genius that it is. 

11 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Niners IMO 

- established QB situation 

- tremendous cap room

- keeps him in California 

- need for a number one WR 

Yeah I think the Niners make a lot of sense... will they have room for him if they sign Sherman though? 

11 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....Browns....TT reunion..........

I could see this, but the Browns would need to really pony up the dough. Sammy believes he should be a star, and Cleveland hasn't been known for star players.

11 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Jets 

If the Jets lose out on Kirk Cousins, I think this is definitely possible... they are the exact kind of team that overpays in a reactive way like this.