SPECULATION: Here comes QB Derek Anderson

2 minutes ago, NextYear'sTheOne said:

I was just saying this to a friend of mine; perhaps we sign a (relatively) cheap qb and use all of this draft capital to go up and get the guy they like in the draft. Let the vet, the rook, and "The Savior" battle it out in camp. "Iron sharpens iron" as Sean said in camp. 

Although maybe they really like Foles... They turned down our offer of a 2nd rounder. Maybe a 2nd and a 3rd for Nick and use all of these picks to fill other holes. 

Think that's more likely

They have said many times they are looking to win now while building for the future. They aren't going to give up all their picks for someone they have no idea if he can start now.

I say it's more likely they make a move for a vet to start now and draft someone closer to the late teens/early twenties

10 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I posted about this bout a month ago and u thought the board was getting ready to hang me from a building,  lol.

It was a dumb idea then, and it hasn't improved any.

35 minutes ago, Luxy312 said:

Bradford on a "show me" deal and sitting put at 21 in the draft would make sense to me.  They only move up if they're drafting the franchise guy for sure.

Makes the most sense, doesn't it?

2 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

The Colts draft a QB at 3 and trade us Luck for 21 this year and a conditional 1 or 2 next year.

The way this off season is going in the NFL, you know, something like this wouldn't shock me.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Derek Anderson gets the starting job at the twilight of his career.

58 minutes ago, Luxy312 said:

The failsafe is Nate Peterman and a year of tanking.

This would be a spectacular combo.:lol:

The worst full game performance by an NFL QB in the SB era was arguably Derek Anderson on October 11, 2009......in Buffalo where he lead the Browns to a 6-3 victory in "the worst game ever played" on these stats:

2-17  23 yards  1 interception

You can't make that sh*t up and be believed............his floor is subterranean.:lol:

Then the worst HALF of QB player ever..........in LA just this past November courtesy of Nate Peterman.

You couldn't pull two worse turds out of Hammer's port-potties on gameday.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

35 year old long term backup to Cam Newton who is a free agent.

I think we will get a Rookie this year, keep Peterman, and if neither can go right away, 

Derek Anderson gets the starting job at the twilight of his career.

Pure guesswork but he will be be cheap and they know him and plainly they have some kind of failsafe QB in mind.

I think getting a 3rd for Tyrod signals that the market for quarterbacks is highly inflated. So I think it means other option swill be very expensive if Cleveland thinks they got a fair deal here.

So I think the Bills will be wanting to avoid that market if they are intending to grab a qb in the draft.

You could be on to something, Meanie.

15 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

People need to stop assuming that just because a player played for the Panthers that it means Beane and McDermott need or want them here

I'll let BLM speak for himself but I don't think it's "just because he played for the Panthers..."

Anderson is a capable veteran.  In the last 4 years with CAR, when he's played he's split W-L - exactly as you want a vet to do.  I'm not sure he has 300 yd games in him at this point, but with McCoy and Ivory we should have a good run game.

The reason Anderson would be a better choice as the Vet in the room vs McCown or Moore, is that he's played in the Erhard-Perkins system with Carolina, Arizona and get this - with Daboll in Cleveland in 2009.  Unlike McCown or Moore who would be learning it alongside a rookie, Anderson knows the system, he can help teach it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Luxy312 said:

Bradford on a "show me" deal and sitting put at 21 in the draft would make sense to me.  They only move up if they're drafting the franchise guy for sure.

There's been speculation picking up on Bradford to Buffalo. More than a few media dweebs have been floating that around.