SPECULATION: Here comes QB Derek Anderson

35 year old long term backup to Cam Newton who is a free agent.

I think we will get a Rookie this year, keep Peterman, and if neither can go right away, 

Derek Anderson gets the starting job at the twilight of his career.

Pure guesswork but he will be be cheap and they know him and plainly they have some kind of failsafe QB in mind.

I think getting a 3rd for Tyrod signals that the market for quarterbacks is highly inflated. So I think it means other option swill be very expensive if Cleveland thinks they got a fair deal here.

So I think the Bills will be wanting to avoid that market if they are intending to grab a qb in the draft.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Luxy312 said:

The failsafe is Nate Peterman and a year of tanking.

I think you're on to something there. They may draft a rookie and let Peterman start the season. If they crap the bed, so be it...better draft picks next year, and time to give the keys to the kid.

Just now, Rubes said:

I think you're on to something there. They may draft a rookie and let Peterman start the season. If they crap the bed, so be it...better draft picks next year, and time to give the keys to the kid.

Add 6 draft picks in the first 3 rounds and they're loading up with youth.  There's a LOT of holes on this team right now.  Probably 2 OL, DE, DT, LB, and depth in the defensive backfield.  Just can't address it all in free agency.

I was just saying this to a friend of mine; perhaps we sign a (relatively) cheap qb and use all of this draft capital to go up and get the guy they like in the draft. Let the vet, the rook, and "The Savior" battle it out in camp. "Iron sharpens iron" as Sean said in camp. 

Although maybe they really like Foles... They turned down our offer of a 2nd rounder. Maybe a 2nd and a 3rd for Nick and use all of these picks to fill other holes. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

I think we will get a Rookie this year, keep Peterman, and if neither can go right away, 

Pure guesswork but he will be be cheap and they know him and plainly they have some kind of failsafe QB in mind.

I think getting a 3rd for Tyrod signals that the market for quarterbacks is highly inflated. So I think it means other option swill be very expensive if Cleveland thinks they got a fair deal here.

So I think the Bills will be wanting to avoid that market if they are intending to grab a qb in the draft.

I posted about this bout a month ago and u thought the board was getting ready to hang me from a building,  lol.

9 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I fully think it is one of the Vikings QB's for the back up position.

Bradford on a "show me" deal and sitting put at 21 in the draft would make sense to me.  They only move up if they're drafting the franchise guy for sure.

24 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

..."thoughts" like these should be saved versus advertised......good Lord.....what's next?...Jimmy Pickle?....Victoria Barkley?......

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..."thoughts" like these should be saved versus advertised......good Lord.....what's next?...Jimmy Pickle?....Victoria Barkley?......

You shoulda said something before I posted it. But I probably wouldn't have listened so it wouldnt have helped me.

Who is Jimmy Pickle?