Broncos freeing cap space up $35 mill under more moves to come

4 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

You don't mess around; get the guy you want...

The price tag to move from 21 to 5 could possibly be the same as moving from 5 to 2, we can't pay that twice in the same draft. If they feel that there are 3 guys who could be franchise guys, you make the trade and get one of them. Then you build around him, something you cannot do if you give up 5 first and second rounders over the next 2 drafts. 

Just now, NewEraBills said:

I like Rosen.  I like Mayfield.  Ending up with either at 10 and keeping 22 would be the best thing that could happen.

My top 2 with Darnold.....

It is, just have to watch out for the Jets/phins getting in front of us...

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

You don't mess around; get the guy you want...

Yes.  You don't trade up to get "one of the top 4"  or even "one of the top 3".  You trade up if there is a guy you wholeheartedly believe in and you can position yourself to get him.  Possibly 2.  But not 3 or 4, not from QB with such disparate skill sets.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Cousins is about to get PAID 

He sure is! 

I cant wait to see what his contract ans cap hit look like. I have a feeling it's going to be insane. My guess is $30M per year easy, if not more. 

If it turns into a bidding war between the Jets, Vikings and Broncos it could really get nuts. Jets and Vikings have lots of cap space and the Broncos are getting there. 

Well, I guess we probably know why there haven't been any rumors of Beane and the Bills being in on Cousins... 

I just hope he goes to Denver. I think it helps the Bills the most (draft wise). The NY Jets are my 2nd choice. Arizona 3rd. (As all 3 sit ahead of us in the draft). Vikings a distant last. 

Still way behind Jets and some others in cap space, right? Can they clear enough without crippling themselves? (Not that I care, but will they be too cap smart, or too QB centric?)