Broncos freeing cap space up $35 mill under more moves to come

30 minutes ago, Augie said:

Still way behind Jets and some others in cap space, right? Can they clear enough without crippling themselves? (Not that I care, but will they be too cap smart, or too QB centric?) 

They are still hampered from giving Von Miller 10 trillion dollars. They are probably going to lose a lot of talent. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

They are still hampered from giving Von Miller 10 trillion dollars. They are probably going to lose a lot of talent. 

I think 10 trillion was just the signing bonus. The Browns have lots of cap space. Would they make the move for Cousins to try to win sooner? That would free up 1 and 4 as trade material and make me feel better with one less QB needy team up top. 

Lord knows the Browns fans deserve a win or two this decade.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes.  You don't trade up to get "one of the top 4"  or even "one of the top 3".  You trade up if there is a guy you wholeheartedly believe in and you can position yourself to get him.  Possibly 2.  But not 3 or 4, not from QB with such disparate skill sets.

I agree with this. The big boy move is get to the 1st or 2nd pick. You want the best odds if your gonna reach so you might as well go all in. That would be my mindset in that situation anyway. 

I would view a Bills trade up to the 2nd pick epic in this draft. If they moved to the 1st pick I would view that as legendary. At least with either I know the Bills are not joking around.

Edited by Lfod

This is a great sign. We need the Broncos to take Cousins. Whether we trade up to 2 for Rosen, or 5 and land Rosen, Mayfield, or Darnold, ill do a backflip. Those are the only QBs worth trading up that high for. A realistic shot at getting a franchise QB that makes it easier for us to be a solid contender for the next 10 years.

If we take Rudolph or Jackson at 21 ill be cool with it too.

If we do anything else, its not looking good.