Benjamin Solak (NDT Scouting) Post-Combine Top 100 Big Board

Most every ranking we see on the internet from Mel Kiper, McShay, Mayock, to the NFL.Com folks, etc.

start looking like one big group think by the time the draft rolls around. They all are about the same.

My guess is, more NFL boards look much more like Solak's, with a wide disparity from what most commonly believe.

I am not endorsing Solak's rankings, though, I respect the ability to develop independent thought and be willing to try and back it up.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's not a mock draft. 

I know, I just said I would like to see the draft go this way. This is the writer's evaluations post combine. I just want us to have a shot at a decent quarterback.

Edited by Green Lightning

8 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

I know, I just said I would like to see the draft go this way. This is the writer's evaluations post combine. I just want us to have a shot at a decent quarterback.

And yet it says there aren't any.  Maybe two.  And we actually probably have a shot at one of them.

Who is this guy? (Serious question.) L.amar Jackson at 15 and Darnold at 36? THAT is a unique take. 

Rudolph at 89. Did I just miss Josh Allen?

What would you give for a glimpse of the Bills draft board???

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

Who is this guy? (Serious question.) L.amar Jackson at 15 and Darnold at 36? THAT is a unique take. 

Rudolph at 89. Did I just miss Josh Allen?

What would you give for a glimpse of the Bills draft board???

The big thing I know him from is his charting of all the QB's passes. He breaks down how well-placed all of their throws are, broken down by different situations (clean pocket, under pressure, when they roll out and get their feet set versus when they throw on the run, etc.) He's not high on Josh Allen; basically said he's on par with Kurt Benkert as a developmental prospect.

• Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Bag of Milk said:

Most every ranking we see on the internet from Mel Kiper, McShay, Mayock, to the NFL.Com folks, etc.

start looking like one big group think by the time the draft rolls around. They all are about the same.

My guess is, more NFL boards look much more like Solak's, with a wide disparity from what most commonly believe.

I am not endorsing Solak's rankings, though, I respect the ability to develop independent thought and be willing to try and back it up.

Does it mean anything?

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Solak said he was ready to take heat. :lol:

I’m more apt to give him props than heat. I like his boldness. I see glimpses of greatness, but I don’t see Allen as a natural thrower of the football. Can you get over that? EJ flashbacks keep me up at night....

9 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

The big thing I know him from is his charting of all the QB's passes. He breaks down how well-placed all of their throws are, broken down by different situations (clean pocket, under pressure, when they roll out and get their feet set versus when they throw on the run, etc.) He's not high on Josh Allen; basically said he's on par with Kurt Benkert as a developmental prospect.

IIRC, Solak's thing is "Contextualized QBing" which is his attempt to break down QB passes by platform (set or on run), pressure, the target's place in the QB's progressions, the context (3rd and long etc).  It sounds a bit too complicated  and subjective to me, but the point is he's trying very hard to create an objective system.

Whether it really is a better mousetrap or not, he isn't a talking head, he's capturing stuff he sees.  Of course, he doesn't see the team interviews etc.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

IIRC, Solak's thing is "Contextualized QBing" which is his attempt to break down QB passes by platform (set or on run), pressure, the target's place in the QB's progressions, the context (3rd and long etc).  It sounds a bit too complicated  and subjective to me, but the point is he's trying very hard to create an objective system.

Using both these words in the same sentence is not easy!:D

29 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

Using both these words in the same sentence is not easy!:D

"It's complicated" is the lynchpin that makes it work :D

It's the reason I hate total QBR.  In trying to create an system that evaluates the impact of down and distance and all that objective jazz, they created a complicated monster that has all kinds of subjective evaluations built into it.  I'm not saying Solak's CQ thing is that bad, but when I read his explanation I can see total QBR from there.

• Like (+1) 1