Chris Berman lawsuit claims he’s “racially disparagaing”

1 hour ago, GG said:

Are we yet at the time when Henry Winkler dusts off the skis?

Does he get accused of sexually assaulting someone first though?

I think we are getting to a point where you can count on both hands the number of celebrities who haven't been accused of something

Nothing to see here.  Just another allegation ransomware attack...

https://deadspin.com/lawsuit-claims-chris-berman-left-racially-disparaging-1823527993

Update, 7:34 p.m. ETHill has denied that Berman left her such a voicemail, and ESPN has released the following statement:

“We conducted a thorough investigation of the claims Adrienne Lawrence surfaced to ESPN and they are entirely without merit. Ms. Lawrence was hired into a two-year talent development program and was told that her contract would not be renewed at the conclusion of the training program. At that same time, ESPN also told 100 other talent with substantially more experience, that their contracts would not be renewed. The company will vigorously defend its position and we are confident we will prevail in court.”

2 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Does he get accused of sexually assaulting someone first though?

I think we are getting to a point where you can count on both hands the number of celebrities who haven't been accused of something

I think he already was accused 

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Nothing to see here.  Just another allegation ransomware attack...

https://deadspin.com/lawsuit-claims-chris-berman-left-racially-disparaging-1823527993

Update, 7:34 p.m. ETHill has denied that Berman left her such a voicemail, and ESPN has released the following statement:

“We conducted a thorough investigation of the claims Adrienne Lawrence surfaced to ESPN and they are entirely without merit. Ms. Lawrence was hired into a two-year talent development program and was told that her contract would not be renewed at the conclusion of the training program. At that same time, ESPN also told 100 other talent with substantially more experience, that their contracts would not be renewed. The company will vigorously defend its position and we are confident we will prevail in court.”

But it makes such a good headline!

I give her a lot of credit for this:

But then she posts this.  The guys tweet was about an hour before her above statement and the story at that time was that she accused him of the voicemail.............Is she that stupid or just trying to set things aflame?

5 hours ago, Rockinon said:

I wouldn't be so quick to judge, especially today.  He could just be a republican and now is being attacked for it.  Nasty business being in the media today.  It could also be true, but I don't just believe something just because someone says so.

Wow..  and Republicans NEVER launch unfounded attacks against Democrats or anyone who has  different beliefs than they.. . Never let the facts sway a firmly held opinion though.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Spiderweb said:

Wow..  and Republicans NEVER launch unfounded attacks against Democrats or anyone who has  different beliefs than they.. . Never let the facts sway a firmly held opinion though.

What facts are those to be exact? Maybe he is being attacked for being a Democrat. Funny how people are so quick to assume an enemy is lurking around the corner. My point was simply that real people are literally having there lives upended by bogus claims.  Some people are losing their jobs even though actual facts are not even bothered to be presented. Wow, indeed. 

22 hours ago, Rockinon said:

What facts are those to be exact? Maybe he is being attacked for being a Democrat. Funny how people are so quick to assume an enemy is lurking around the corner. My point was simply that real people are literally having there lives upended by bogus claims.  Some people are losing their jobs even though actual facts are not even bothered to be presented. Wow, indeed. 

You were quite specific in your example. The message you sent, knowingly or unknowingly, was clear ("He could just be a republican and is now being attacked for it."). If it could have been any other political party, a simple, "someone may not like his political beliefs and is now being attacked for them" would have been the choice. Nice try though.