Mason Rudolph

13 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

His ceiling is Christian Ponder. No thanks.

I think he could well be better than that. To me his ceiling (and it's not a guarantee he gets there) is Andy Dalton. That's not bad but in looking at this class I see a lot more upside elsewhere and I see no reason not to go for that.

• Like (+1) 2

They schemed most of the WRs open in his offense but the kid can make a lot of throws. If we don't trade up,  i could see us taking Rudolph at 21 and maybe trading down from 22 and picking up an extra 2nd rounder for it.

Still on the trade up for Rosen or Mayfield bandwagon.

14 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

Obviously everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the statement here is just factually inaccurate. In fact it’s one of the things I’m drawn to about him. His yards, completion %, TDs, all went up year over year while his INTs remained static. 

He he won the Johnny Unitas award this year over Baker Mayfield and those who say he doesn’t have a strong arm are missing something. He does not have an elite arm, but watch his video and you’ll see long bomb throws and some tight window throws, and if you watch opposite hash to boundary throws, not all of them good admittedly, but they’re there. And, arm strength within reason can be modestly improved and is certainly nowhere near the most important trait. 

i would be perfectly fine with him in the 1st. he won't make it to round 2.

he's prototypical size

4 yr. starter

great td to int. ratio

improved every year

we don't give up any picks!

nfn....similar scouting report to aaron rogers...

Edited by billsredneck1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Conceptually he's a big improvement over Tyrod at the NFL level.

The question is how well he can manage the mental component of being a QB; that wasn't tested in college and the meatheads running the combine don't test for it either.

Can he process several channels of information quickly?  I have no idea.  But measuring his standing broad jump isn't going to give you the answer.

He looks terrible. He looked like a fish out of water trying to have proper footwork plus throw the ball quick. Horrible mechanics. He's not NFL ready and he doesn't have the arm talent to make me want to even draft him as a project

9 minutes ago, racketmaster said:

His arm is definitely the weakest of the “top 6” as we saw in throwing drills today. That is his biggest flaw and may drop him out of the first. 

Can't he gain arm strength?

Edited by BBills88

10 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Ok, just wanted to make sure that was the case. As such I can safely assume it’s a grossly inaccurate take.

Says who?

Edited by Domdab99

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Because just like the Heisman trophy winners, there are just as many bad NFL players that come out with that trophy and fail to produce. It wasn’t intended to be causal, it was intended to demonstrate that your comment about the Unitas award not meaning anything was not representative of the whole as you seemed to dismiss the recognition on the whole. 

Relax....we disagree, but the point is that no person can make the argument that at the point in time any person’s opinion is definitively “right “ - we just all have our thoughts about why we believe our insight os the best. 

Hard to see his draft stock increasing after today. He seemed to prove himself to be a 4th or so round prospect.

The guys that stood out IMO were:

Josh Allen

Josh Rosen

Baker Mayfield

Kyle Lauletta

Mike White

I still have faith in Lamar, but it was a mixed bag for him today.

The rest looked pretty poor IMO.